Billiken.com Outings

davidnark

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

an MVP candidate in Rolen, our top starter Carpenter and one of our better relievers in Kline for the playoffs than its hardley an excuse. Without those three we'd be battling for a wild-card right now, at best.

We'll see how your Braves do when they play the Cubs again. My money is on the Braves choking the chicken the way they did last year.

oh how i wish whitey could have had the likes of rolen, renteria, puhols and edmunds in any of his lineups. pick any two. they could have outscored any of whitey's lineups.

as to your prediction of the braves, we shall see, but at least they get to the playoffs every year these days. thanks for drew. he has been pretty good this season.

for both teams but clearly better for the Cards. We got a cheap starting pitcher with 15 wins, a very good left handed reliever, and the financial freedom to sign free agents Suppan and Tavarez. What a trade indeed.

Whitey himself has been asked to compare the current Cards vs. his teams of the 80's. Whitey generally says that while he likes this year's team he would prefer both the 85 team and the 82 team. Granted, he is expected to stand up for his guys but he wouldn't say it if he didn't mean it.

you are correct, and i was wrong to bait you with that comment. the trade has been good for both teams and unless drew turns into mickey mantle in his prime, the potential is more on the cardinal side since wainwright was the supposed target and he hasnt even been seen yet.

imo, drew had to be traded. he was never going to "wake up" in st louis. he needed to be slapped in the face with reality. for jd's sake, let's hope he finally steps up into his talent and makes something of it. this year has been a good step in the right direction.

if things play out the way I expect and the Cards play the West and the Braves play the Cubs there is nothing I would want more than a 96 rematch. My hate for the Cubs is starting to rival that of the Tigers and until a week ago I thought I see both fall flat on their faces and miss the postseason after unprecedented pre-season expectations. Now, it seems nearly impossible as the Dodgers and Giants face each other 6 times and somebody has to lose. Unless the Cubs collapse against the Mets and Reds they will make the dance.

for those of you off the board last week, david nark is organizing the event and we need to know if you want to play. it appears that none of us are much good, so dont worry about sucking. we all do.

by rereading the thread, i get

-"Big Bertha" Billiken Roy

-Joe Bonwich a/k/a "the Polish Putter"

-Sheltie "To-be-feared-on-his-good-days" Dave

-"Hole-in-One" Willie

-Box and Won a/k/a "Slicin Spell"

-"9-Hole" Nark

-"the ringer" iggy

-"the worst day of golf is better than selling cars" slufanskip

it is my understanding that unca cant play on the 16th of october which is our tenative date.

still need time of day and course.

I have left a series of messages for the guy at Forest Park who is in charge of reserving times for groups of more than one foursome. He hasn't called me back yet, but I will harass him again tomorrow.

After I finalize the time and date, I will post the information in a new thread and will ask Steve to make the new thread sticky.

My plan is to reserve 16 spots and to do what it takes to find eight more Billiken fans to participate.

Billikenlaw? Tseugnekillib? JJray? Nate? Kshoe? SLU72? kwyjibo? Terrance? Bauman? Gister? Anyone else?

in fact we havent heard from alumnifan for awhile now on either board. i consider him the godfather of the offseason board. where is alumnifan?