• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 - 13

A10 tourney win 1

Final record 19 - 14

Really hoping for better but there are just a lot of unknowns, and a lot of minutes that need to be played by unproven sophomores and freshmen.  Expect "senior" type leadership from our seasoned juniors but losing Bess, Foreman and company is going to be a real challenge for the Billikens.

Now if French can hit 60% of his free throws, there might be one more win in store for the team. 😁

Can we wait until the first exhibition game? I think this all depends on how well Perkins is. If he can be a threat we have a chance at a 4-5 loss conference play max. French and Goodwin will have their best years and having a true PG in Weaver and Yuri plus true shooters in Jacobs, Gibson and KC will close out all gaps we had last year. Dont think our defense will dip much 

6 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

19-14.  I'm so torn on this, because I really like the team, but also want to be a realist.  I could see better than this, and I could see worse, but this is where I'm landing.

I am going to go with 18-12, but this my exact sentiment.

38 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Can we wait until the first exhibition game? I think this all depends on how well Perkins is. If he can be a threat we have a chance at a 4-5 loss conference play max. French and Goodwin will have their best years and having a true PG in Weaver and Yuri plus true shooters in Jacobs, Gibson and KC will close out all gaps we had last year. Dont think our defense will dip much 

I understand your point you are trying to make and I kind of agree but exhibition games tell you very little if anything worthwhile.

1 hour ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

I checked the fan rulebook......nothing about making predictions before the first exhibition. 

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

I know I am being an idiot, but I find myself buying into some of the recent Ford quotes and some of these practice videos. I am just flat out chugging blue Kool-Aid right now, LET'S F@CKING GO!

I am chugging also, we may be idiots, but it is more fun this way. i am quite sure there will be folks quick to tell us how wrong we are. I will still be wearing my hard hat and swilling the blue stuff

1 hour ago, dennis_w said:

I am chugging also, we may be idiots, but it is more fun this way. i am quite sure there will be folks quick to tell us how wrong we are. I will still be wearing my hard hat and swilling the blue stuff

And we beat Loyola in the top secret closed door scrimmage! Keep the Kool-Aid coming, balloon party at my house!

18-15 overall (not counting any postseason after the A-10 tournament - see CBI note below)

8-5 non-conference

9-9 A-10

1-1 A-10 tournament

Below .500 = disappointing season

More than 20 wins = great

Most likely somewhere in the middle

I'd go for a CBI appearance if we can get one (and are healthy).  #1 more Billikens basketball is always a good thing and #2 our only Sr. is Weaver so I think it could be a great experience for a young team to build toward the future.

Not going to start a separate thread for this question. Where do you think the A10 Coaches will have us in the standings after Media Day? 

I'm going with the 8 spot. 

1) VCU

2)Davidson 

3)UD 

4)St. B's

5) UR 

6) URI

7) DUQ

8.)SLU

No idea after that other than Fordham DFL. 

46 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Not going to start a separate thread for this question. Where do you think the A10 Coaches will have us in the standings after Media Day? 

I'm going with the 8 spot. 

1) VCU

2)Davidson 

3)UD 

4)St. B's

5) UR 

6) URI

7) DUQ

8.)SLU

No idea after that other than Fordham DFL. 

I think you got it. Eighth place is roughly 9-9. It's nothing personal. The coaches picked VCU to finish 8th last year because of all the unknowns. It turned out that VCU was the best defensive team in the league last year and Santos-Silva emerged as a top tier big in the conference. We would have to surprise in a similar way to dramatically outperform expectations.

wgstl likes this

When is A-10 Media Day? @slu72 I think the teams you have in that top 8 are what I am expecting, just maybe some slight fluctuation as to where the various teams are ranked within there (like I think that top 3 is certainly the top 3, but then the next 5 seem like they are somewhat interchangeable heading into the season).

19 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I think you got it. Eighth place is roughly 9-9. It's nothing personal. The coaches picked VCU to finish 8th last year because of all the unknowns. It turned out that VCU was the best defensive team in the league last year and Santos-Silva emerged as a top tier big in the conference. We would have to surprise in a similar way to dramatically outperform expectations.

I could easily live with this too. and It already feels like it may be happening. 

I do wish thatch finished last season stronger, that would make me feel better. 

4 hours ago, slufanskip said:

21-10. Lose in the finals of the A10 tourney and squeak into the tourney. 

If we sneak in that means we had some really good OOC wins. Like beat SH, KSU, and/or Auburn. Would have to win 2 of those 3 to get in. I like this team, but...... I have my doubts.