Preseason 2019-20 record prediction

bauman

Before seeing the team, even in the exhibition game,  we normally do an early prediction thread.  As when we played Rockhurst, we have another D2 team on the schedule (Maryville), which usually generated a discussion on if we should count that game, since it is not considered in the NCAA tournament selection process.  To clarify, I am counting it in this prediction and am only predicting regular season games-prior to the conference tournament.

Prediction------------22-9.  Losses: E Wash (our annual clunker game); @BC; Auburn; @ Duquesne; @ Richmond; @ Davidson; @ Dayton; VCU; @ URI

This means 12-6 in the A-10 regular season, probably 5th or 6th.

I

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, bauman said:

Before seeing the team, even in the exhibition game,  we normally do an early prediction thread.  As when we played Rockhurst, we have another D2 team on the schedule (Maryville), which usually generated a discussion on if we should count that game, since it is not considered in the NCAA tournament selection process.  To clarify, I am counting it in this prediction and am only predicting regular season games-prior to the conference tournament.

Prediction------------22-9.  Losses: E Wash (our annual clunker game); @BC; Auburn; @ Duquesne; @ Richmond; @ Davidson; @ Dayton; VCU; @ URI

This means 12-6 in the A-10 regular season, probably 5th or 6th.

I

Hmm.  I say this season is the year the Bills finally beat VCU again.

25 wins if Bell can play as well as DJ, If Hankton and Jacobs are solid contributors and if Jimerson, Hargrove, Perkins, Collins, Weaver are solid contributors and if Thatch can average 6 points per game.

20 wins if Bell contributes as much as DJ, Hankton and Jacobs improve some, Weaver and Perkins are consistent scorers  out of the box, and if Jimerson, Hargrove, Collins improve as the season progresses and if Thatch can score enough to keep defenses honest.

If our team stays healthy they will have a winning non conference schedule and conference schedule anything better will be determined by the if’s. I like our team but our weakness is in the front court unless Bell and Hankton can play at a consistent high level to help out French.

13 hours ago, thetorch said:

16-14 regular season

1-1 tourney

17-15 overall

Agree w this reg season prediction based on 9-8 in A10. I'll give them 2 Ws in A10 tourney. Trend line should be pointing up in Feb and March. I hope Ford allows them to play in the CBI or the other one just to get them more experience. They also are clear to go for a foreign trip next summer, so they should be well prepared for a good run in 20-21. 

Here we go.

OCC - 8-5(losses to SH,Belmont,BC,Auburn, kstate) 

Conference -12-6(losses: @dukes, @Richmond,@Davidson, vcu,@gmu)

We play our best ball late and keep it going into the tourney, make it to the finals as a #4 seed

overall 23-12. 

Other than Belmont, it feels like every OCC game is pretty predictable, no real toss ups. 

I know im drunk off of blue kool aid but I like how this team can shoot it. If Jimmerson was on last years team, I think we would have won A10 regular season. 

i hate doing this because we really have no clue what we have at this point, what style of play we will use, what rotations will be etc.  but in the name of fun i will blindly say overall record when the season is complete will be 18-14.

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Here we go.

OCC - 8-5(losses to SH,Belmont,BC,Auburn, kstate) 

Conference -12-6(losses: @dukes, @Richmond,@Davidson, vcu,@gmu)

We play our best ball late and keep it going into the tourney, make it to the finals as a #4 seed

overall 23-12. 

Other than Belmont, it feels like every OCC game is pretty predictable, no real toss ups. 

I know im drunk off of blue kool aid but I like how this team can shoot it. If Jimmerson was on last years team, I think we would have won A10 regular season. 

We're gonna lose to BC but beat Seton Hall, ranked 19 at this point? I sure hope you're right. That would be a big W. 

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

i hate doing this because we really have no clue what we have at this point, what style of play we will use, what rotations will be etc.  but in the name of fun i will blindly say overall record when the season is complete will be 18-14.

Nothing should be cast in stone until at least after the first Exhibition game. I'm hoping we get some kind of report on tomorrow's scrimmage. Any chance Travis might invite Billikenswin on the trip? He can usually be coaxed out into the open if there's a flurry of speculation. 

18 hours ago, almaman said:

I came up with similar numbers earlier. It's mainly a function of the relatively easy schedule imo.

Not sure I agree this is an easy schedule. ESPN has both Seton Hall and Auburn ranked in their top 25. KSU's not gonna be a day at the beach. And then you've got the A10 gauntlet of UD, VCU, Davidson, ST. B's, and URI to go through. Also, Belmont always seems to be a strong mid. I see this on par with last year's schedule. 

Sorry .. have no clue.  My floor is .500.  We have three knowns back and one hasn't shown the proclivity to score.  We can't shoot free throws with the other two.  And the rest are unknowns.  Looking at the OOC, maybe an early expectation of 8 and 5 with losses to Seton Hall, Belmont, BC, KState and Aubrun.  Then a re-evaluation.