Chapley Article on Jacobs

HoosierPal

https://www.scoopswithdannymac.com/billikens-sophomore-guard-demarius-jacobs-is-ready-to-take-the-next-step/

There is some interesting stuff in here, including some issues with last season.  Jacobs has added 30 pounds in the year+ he has been on campus.  Chapley says Jacobs has been a reliable distributor and ball handler in practice when they run, and that he is playing the pressure point on the ball when they press.

Keep the great information coming Carter.

dennis_w likes this

I think we all kind of sort of expect what Chapley wrote ---- in essence we don't really know what to expect from both Hankton and Jacobs.  There is just no body of real evidence for either although I think we all agree that Hankton showed some minor flashes.  Jacobs was a complete mystery to me --- until this article so thanks for that Carter.  If Jacobs can regain some swag, it makes for an interesting defensive blitz in the backcourt with Goodwin, Thatch, Weaver, Jacobs and Collins.  With (presumably) a committee of three at the four (Perkins, Hargrove and Hankton) and double jeopardy at the five (Bell and Diarra) the OOC will surely be an interesting developmental session to watch.

11 hours ago, Taj79 said:

I think we all kind of sort of expect what Chapley wrote ---- in essence we don't really know what to expect from both Hankton and Jacobs.  There is just no body of real evidence for either although I think we all agree that Hankton showed some minor flashes.  Jacobs was a complete mystery to me --- until this article so thanks for that Carter.  If Jacobs can regain some swag, it makes for an interesting defensive blitz in the backcourt with Goodwin, Thatch, Weaver, Jacobs and Collins.  With (presumably) a committee of three at the four (Perkins, Hargrove and Hankton) and double jeopardy at the five (Bell and Diarra) the OOC will surely be an interesting developmental session to watch.

I am sure you only forgot not to mention French at the 4.

56 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

I don’t understand where this statement comes from.  Are you trying to say, we WILL have a player or 2 unhappy with their PT? 

it came from me. don't understand what you don't understand. I think if we have no departures, injuries before the season starts we have more qualified players than we have minutes to keep them all happy with their amount of minutes.

12 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

If Jacobs and Hankton were happy and satisfied with their playing time last year I would not want either one on my team this year

Spot on. There is a difference with being dissatisfied with playing time and believing that you deserve playing time rather than being willing to compete for it.

AGB91 likes this

Agree. Take for example Javon Bess, he worked and worked to develop skills, and become a better player which he succeeded in doing. Javon is doing the same while in the Pelicans and he may still get favorable results. What we do NOT need are the entitled prima donnas who think they deserve the world and act disruptively. Just look at the pictures of Jacobs last year and the pre-season pictures for this year and tell me if you think this guy is working hard at improving himself or not. Physically or body wise speaking he is markedly different from last year. I think he may do fine this year.

20 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Spot on. There is a difference with being dissatisfied with playing time and believing that you deserve playing time rather than being willing to compete for it.

Right.  I prefer our players to have the attitude that they're just gonna bust their asses as hard as they can in practice and let playing time sort itself out.