PD Article on Weaver

HoosierPal

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/weaver-hopes-slu-feels-like-his-old-kentucky-home/article_0b8847cd-3011-5f8e-8fd0-5eb41a8afc9e.html

I like this little quote.  I think it's Grandpa Ford from now on.

“Coach Ford being from Kentucky had a lot to do with that. A lot of people speak highly of him and he’s respected in Kentucky. My grandmother knew about him. They’re around the same age, so she’s a fan.”

“He can really handle the ball. He’s really fast with the ball. He sees things passing-wise and he, Yuri (Collins) and Jordan (Goodwin) are passing at an elite level right now. A lot of coaches say after practice in staff meetings, ‘We’re going to have a hard time keeping Tay off the court.’”

thats the most important part of the article I think. 

Weaver is going to be the best thing that ever happened to Collins and Jacobs.

Nothing is more motivating, and making you self-aware, than seeing your direct competition bringing it every single day in practice.

They will realize that Weaver is the yardstick for their improvement. In order to garner much playing time, they have to bump their defense and effort on d by leaps and bounds. They have to improve their three point shooting. They have to get running the team, and learning the offensive sets, down cold quickly.
Lest Roy again take umbrage, I am not saying Goodwin is not a solid point guard. I am saying I think we we be a much better team if our Pgs run the team, and let Goodwin average a triple double as the best off guard in the conference.

Zink and dennis_w like this