A10 Statement on NIL Issue

10 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

http://www.atlantic10.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31600&ATCLID=211813747

Commissioner McGlade calls on the NCAA to get off their duff's and not sit on the sidelines while state legislatures pass individual rules.  She is against "pay for play". 

Short and interesting, no matter which side you are on.

And she's 100% correct. You are somewhat misrepresenting what she is saying.

-I found more interest in the story about the St Joe's hawk being nominated for the Mascot HOF, when looking at the mascots in the vote and not seeing The Billiken I figured The Billiken was already enshrined, nope, this is a travesty

The Hawk gets nominated because of that damn wing flap and the school saying 'the Hawk will never die.'  To me, that pales in comparison to the mascot antics of the Phillie Fanatic, the KC Kangeroo, the San Diego Chicken and many others.  Mr. Met seems kind of boring as well.  

At least the Hawk has a schtick ...... the Billiken is just another guy running around in an oversized head ...... what makes that any more endearing than the Louisville Cardinal, the Evansville Ace, Rudy Flyer and even the Oriole Bird?  It's a common,dare I say, one-trick pony schtick all the same.  If the hawk's flapping is all that removes him from the mundane, well, that seems pretty sad and light criteria.

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

The Hawk gets nominated because of that damn wing flap and the school saying 'the Hawk will never die.'  To me, that pales in comparison to the mascot antics of the Phillie Fanatic, the KC Kangeroo, the San Diego Chicken and many others.  Mr. Met seems kind of boring as well.  

At least the Hawk has a schtick ...... the Billiken is just another guy running around in an oversized head ...... what makes that any more endearing than the Louisville Cardinal, the Evansville Ace, Rudy Flyer and even the Oriole Bird?  It's a common,dare I say, one-trick pony schtick all the same.  If the hawk's flapping is all that removes him from the mundane, well, that seems pretty sad and light criteria.

I’ve always said the Billiken should be a sought after position with a full ride scholarship. We have the most unique mascot in college athletics and for the longest time we just put  a random intern in the costume 

No argument here.

I sat next to a Joey alum at one of the tournaments .... back in Atlantic City days ..... and he was the mascot once and put one or two of his kids thru Joe's on the full ride that comes with being the mascot at Joes.