What's being constructed at Chaifetz?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

The current trend in arenas and airports is to have local food options. 

I like this trend over generic options. 

Everyone in that picture is wearing Billikens colors so that's good,  virtual fans are supportive.   What's up with that dude carrying a back pack to the game though?  Maybe he's getting some slushies to take to the student section .

-I have seen student/athletes from other SLU teams with their backpacks at SLU men's bball games, so I hope that is the reference as otherwise this person looks so forlorn it makes me wonder what's in the backpack

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

i refuse to pay $10 for a beer.   i dont care if justin verlander's wife is serving the beer in her "work" attire, i am not paying $10 for it. 

I use to try and justify it at sporting events.

”Well, they are 8.50 for 24 ounces. I spend 2.50 for a 12 oz at a bar plus I tip a dollar each beer so that’s 7 dollars for 24 ounces, it’s only 1.50 difference.”

Then the prices went up and their is no justification for how much they cost.

So now I do the responsible thing, I drink until I don’t care how much they cost.

wgstl, Old guy, Westy03 and 1 other like this

3 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I use to try and justify it at sporting events.

”Well, they are 8.50 for 24 ounces. I spend 2.50 for a 12 oz at a bar plus I tip a dollar each beer so that’s 7 dollars for 24 ounces, it’s only 1.50 difference.”

Then the prices went up and their is no justification for how much they cost.

So now I do the responsible thing, I drink until I don’t care how much they cost.

every game I go with the intensions of not drinking. Then I get apps at fieldhouse, decide to get 2 or 3 beers with it, and then I want keep the party going once I get to the fetz.  Gets me every time.

20 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

i refuse to pay $10 for a beer.   i dont care if justin verlander's wife is serving the beer in her "work" attire, i am not paying $10 for it. 

If Kate Upton shows up at a SLU basketball game to sell beer, you better believe I'm paying that $10. But under normal circumstances, I would agree. 

falcons-stadium-super-bowl-concessions-p

The AD needs to get in contact with Arthur Blank. He knows a thing or two about business and is doing great with “fan friendly” pricing.

The year after he started “fan friendly concessions” Falcons staff contacted him and told him he could raise prices a little and fans would still be happy. What did he do?

He lowered the prices even more!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/01/25/sports/football/nfl-concessions.amp.html

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

falcons-stadium-super-bowl-concessions-p

The AD needs to get in contact with Arthur Blank. He knows a thing or two about business and is doing great with “fan friendly” pricing.

The year after he started “fan friendly concessions” Falcons staff contacted him and told him he could raise prices a little and fans would still be happy. What did he do?

He lowered the prices even more!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/01/25/sports/football/nfl-concessions.amp.html

I wish

When I come back to STL, I expect to do two things, watch Billikens basketball in the best arena ever constructed, and drink fresh, ice cold beer until my wife has to tell me that my volume level is inappropriate. Obviously, the Chaifetz is the only place I can do both at the same time. 

I'm not a rich man, but I don't care about the price of beer, its part of the fun, not worrying about it is why I come into the office every day. I hand the good people at the counter a magic plastic card, they hand me back beers, can't complain about that.