What's being constructed at Chaifetz?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-from the Business Journal...

Cedar Lake Cellars has inked a new partnership with Saint Louis University and the Billikens ahead of the men's and women's collegiate basketball season at Chaifetz Arena.

The winery will sponsor the Cedar Lake Cellars Bar inside the new 1818 Lounge at Chaifetz Arena. The lounge will open its doors Nov. 5 — in time for the men's basketball season opener against Florida Gulf Coast. The 1,500-square-foot space can accommodate 50 seated guests and has room for an additional 20 standing guests.

"This is a wonderful opportunity to partner with the Saint Louis Billikens' athletic department," Carl Bolm, owner of the winery, said in a statement. "The team is a St. Louis institution, and we couldn't be prouder to associate with this organization and its state-of-the-art arena."

The lounge is located on the south side of the arena's concourse level and previously served as a multipurpose room utilized by ticket holders. The space will still be primarily utilized by ticket holders but will be open to the public after the games begin, officials said.

Renovations to the space, which will have several large screen televisions for viewing, began in mid-September.

Cedar Lake Cellars will feature eight of its wines from Missouri and California, as well as a signature frozen wine slushie at the year-round lounge. The Billiken Blast slushie pays homage to the SLU Billikens. A menu of snacks and appetizers will be provided by Chaifetz Arena at the bar. The winery says it should see a 10% increase in revenue due to the partnership.

"We are thrilled to be partnering with Cedar Lake Cellars," Kyle Ingram, general manager of Billikens Sports Properties, said in a statement. "Working with Carl Bolm, Scott Sutter and their team brought a level of engagement, enthusiasm and excitement that resulted in co-authoring a partnership that will no doubt significantly enhance the fan experience at Billikens basketball and other events at Chaifetz Arena."

The winery in August said it was partnering with Sugarfire Smoke House, which set up operations at Cedar Lake Cellars' smokehouse to serve barbecue-themed favorites. Cedar Lake Cellars also added The Smokehouse in April 2018 after an $80,000 build out. The 1,200-square-foot space features an array of sandwiches, barbecue and flatbread pizzas.

Cedar Lake Cellars, a year-round winery and event center, is located at 11008 Schreckengast Road in Wright City, Missouri. The winery serves a variety of Cedar Lake Cellars wines from Missouri and California, as well as 3 Swans wines from the West Coast.

34 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

Cedar Lake Cellars has inked a new partnership with Saint Louis University and the Billikens ahead of the men's and women's collegiate basketball season at Chaifetz Arena.

The winery will sponsor the Cedar Lake Cellars Bar inside the new 1818 Lounge at Chaifetz Arena. The lounge will open its doors Nov. 5 — in time for the men's basketball season opener against Florida Gulf Coast. The 1,500-square-foot space can accommodate 50 seated guests and has room for an additional 20 standing guests.

"This is a wonderful opportunity to partner with the Saint Louis Billikens' athletic department," Carl Bolm, owner of the winery, said in a statement. "The team is a St. Louis institution, and we couldn't be prouder to associate with this organization and its state-of-the-art arena."

The lounge is located on the south side of the arena's concourse level and previously served as a multipurpose room utilized by ticket holders. The space will still be primarily utilized by ticket holders but will be open to the public after the games begin, officials said.

Renovations to the space, which will have several large screen televisions for viewing, began in mid-September.

Cedar Lake Cellars will feature eight of its wines from Missouri and California, as well as a signature frozen wine slushie at the year-round lounge. The Billiken Blast slushie pays homage to the SLU Billikens. A menu of snacks and appetizers will be provided by Chaifetz Arena at the bar. The winery says it should see a 10% increase in revenue due to the partnership.

"We are thrilled to be partnering with Cedar Lake Cellars," Kyle Ingram, general manager of Billikens Sports Properties, said in a statement. "Working with Carl Bolm, Scott Sutter and their team brought a level of engagement, enthusiasm and excitement that resulted in co-authoring a partnership that will no doubt significantly enhance the fan experience at Billikens basketball and other events at Chaifetz Arena."

The winery in August said it was partnering with Sugarfire Smoke House, which set up operations at Cedar Lake Cellars' smokehouse to serve barbecue-themed favorites. Cedar Lake Cellars also added The Smokehouse in April 2018 after an $80,000 build out. The 1,200-square-foot space features an array of sandwiches, barbecue and flatbread pizzas.

Cedar Lake Cellars, a year-round winery and event center, is located at 11008 Schreckengast Road in Wright City, Missouri. The winery serves a variety of Cedar Lake Cellars wines from Missouri and California, as well as 3 Swans wines from the West Coast.

I like the idea, but im not a wine fan.  wish this was more of a sports bar type.  O well, still a step in the right direction. 

I'm actually really down with this if for no other reason than it is showing continuous care and improvement of our greatest athletic asset, the gem that is Chaifetz. These bar/lounge areas at stadiums are all the rage right now, it will open up that area of the arena and improve the aesthetics. I'm cool with this. 

Also, I would buy ridiculous amounts of Midtown Merlot, Chaifetz Chardonnay, Billiken Bordeaux, & Rammer Rose. Got those in a bottle and I'll never buy another brand of wine, I don't care if it tastes like vinegar. YOU'RE SITTIN ON A GOLD MINE CEDAR LAKES! DO I HAVE TO DO THIS FOR YOU???

wgstl likes this

4 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

Also, I would buy ridiculous amounts of Midtown Merlot, Chaifetz Chardonnay, Billiken Bordeaux, & Rammer Rose. Got those in a bottle and I'll never buy another brand of wine, I don't care if it tastes like vinegar. YOU'RE SITTIN ON A GOLD MINE CEDAR LAKES! DO I HAVE TO DO THIS FOR YOU???

Ha this is corny and i am all in 

prebilliken likes this

22 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Looks like my source was off.

Isn't this in line with what you had posted, are you saying your source was off because of the wine bar aspect of the project (kind of an odd choice)? They should have gone with a Narwhal's, load the fans up with sugar and liquor! 

29 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Isn't this in line with what you had posted, are you saying your source was off because of the wine bar aspect of the project (kind of an odd choice)? They should have gone with a Narwhal's, load the fans up with sugar and liquor! 

I was told it was going to be a Billiken club exclusive area. 

3 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Well as long as everyone else is having a good time I guess there’s no reason to be all poopy pants

I am all for wine bars, and beer bars, and whiskey bars, and any other bar, but you cannot have a winery inside a college basketball arena. It just isn't technically possible. 

2 hours ago, davidnark said:

I am all for wine bars, and beer bars, and whiskey bars, and any other bar, but you cannot have a winery inside a college basketball arena. It just isn't technically possible. 

Where does it say the facility in Chaifetz will be called a winery?

14 hours ago, Cowboy said:

[snip]

The winery will sponsor the Cedar Lake Cellars Bar inside the new 1818 Lounge at Chaifetz Arena....

[snip]

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

On 10/14/2019 at 9:53 AM, Cowboy said:

Cedar Lake Cellars will feature eight of its wines from Missouri and California, as well as a signature frozen wine slushie at the year-round lounge. The Billiken Blast slushie pays homage to the SLU Billikens.

All is not lost, @billikenfan05 - I think I found your new signature drink while we wait for Zima to make its return.