New Asst. (to the) Head Coach

16 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I didn't realize that Tift moved from DBO to Assistant to the Head Coach. Missed that. Who was DBO after Tift?

Wilson promoted to DBO today. Congrats, Mike. 

I guess SLU now needs a new Video Coordinator? 

Tweet with story link: 

I'm liking all the promotion from within. Ford believes in his guys. This is good for continuity and culture.

No word on a new video coordinator.

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I'm supportive of the hire at first I was skeptical given all his Western US experience.  However,  it appears much of his experience is in the Mid-west.  Also that might be moot if he has no recruiting duties.   Gonzaga is a first rate program and he has years of assistant experience there so that is a good apples to apples comparison to SLU, it's even Jesuit.

actually he is forbidden to recruit.   pretty sure only the so titled assistant coaches can actively recruit and that number is limited to 3 per program.  

Zink likes this

On 10/2/2019 at 1:03 PM, RiseAndGrind said:

I didn't realize that Tift moved from DBO to Assistant to the Head Coach. Missed that. Who was DBO after Tift?

Wilson promoted to DBO today. Congrats, Mike. 

I guess SLU now needs a new Video Coordinator? 

Looks like the new Video Coordinator has been hired - David Pavlakovich.

11 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Looks like the new Video Coordinator has been hired - David Pavlakovich.

Appears he came from Boise State.  Here is his bio there:

David Pavlakovich joined the Boise State men’s basketball staff as video coordinator in August 2018 and just wrapped up his first season with the program in 2018-19.

Pavlakovich handles all video and game film needs for the team on a day-to-day basis.

He came to the Broncos after most recently serving as the video coordinator at Weber State during the 2017-18 season, helping the Wildcats to a record of 20-11.

Prior to working at Weber State, he attended Colorado and assisted the Buffaloes as a student manager and assistant video coordinator from 2013-17.

Seems to have ample experience in the video coordinator dept.  His only activity on twitter is retweeting the St. Louis sports hype video that Ford posted.  If that video was done by David, then I'm really impressed so far.  I know most of his work will  be scouting videos for the players & staff, but IMO that was an awesome PR video.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I see they have Christian Nunez filling Phil Forte's grad assistant spot.  He was an assistant at Iona Prep and I think he was involved in the PSA Cardinals AAU program.  

Looks like there are three: Nunez, Chris Lowe, and Nathan Wright. The last one is a new name to me. Looks like they just hired a new program office coordinator named Mallory Kibler, a recent Arkansas State grad.

brianstl likes this