GDT - Billiken Madness

Pistol

3 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

I’m thankful there’s a Billiken Madness and glad that the night was great for you in attendance. My point is that it’s unfortunate that more thought wasn’t put into the streaming side of it.

All of us watching would’ve loved to see all of what you saw but the constant replays messed that up. Connecting Rammer to the stream would be great, if that’s even possible. There’s never enough “Bang, he got it” for a Billiken fan.

I streamed and heard Rammer.  Was it just me?  

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dennis_w said:

i live 150 miles away and have a disabled family member. travel is not always an option.  the streaming for those online was poorly thought out. with replays most was missed

But you had a stream. Again it’s not for you. And that’s okay. It’s an advertisement for those who can make it to the arena especially students. 

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Wow, lots of b*tching going on about Billiken Madness.  It was a fun night.  The players enjoyed it.  It wasn't to be taken seriously.  Nice crowd, maybe the largest for such an event in recent history.  Nice turnout by students.  It was free.  I saw nothing wrong at all with it.

Only SLU fans would complain about free. 

Billiken Rich likes this

13 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

But you had a stream. Again it’s not for you. And that’s okay. It’s an advertisement for those who can make it to the arena especially students. 

I get its "not for Me" . the marketing department missed an opportunity to put out something for their fans that couldnt get there. lack of foresight on their part. IMHO

5 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

I get its "not for Me" . the marketing department missed an opportunity to put out something for their fans that couldnt get there. lack of foresight on their part. IMHO

That’s not the marketing department. That’s media. It was a fair attempt given restrictions and probably partly at fault was chaifetz video and audio productions 

23 minutes ago, NashvilleBilliken said:

I was watching on mute intermittently due to some other obligations. Happy to see no comments on Guy....what a disaster he was last year. Grateful for the stream even if not a game quality production. Hoping the negative comments dont deter them streaming again next year.

Gus wasnt in attendance.

4 hours ago, billikenbill said:

I’m thankful there’s a Billiken Madness and glad that the night was great for you in attendance. My point is that it’s unfortunate that more thought wasn’t put into the streaming side of it.

All of us watching would’ve loved to see all of what you saw but the constant replays messed that up. Connecting Rammer to the stream would be great, if that’s even possible. There’s never enough “Bang, he got it” for a Billiken fan.

You could hear rammer on the stream it was just competing with the music. I enjoyed the stream. Over replaying was a valid complaint. Music just not for you. 

3 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Ridiculous statement, we need as much support as possible...

Yeah? So the only subjective issue on the stream was the replays? MAYBE the sound mixing of Rammer/Music, you would have heard the same thing in the arena. Communication needs to be that the music is second to Rammer. The event would have been incredibly boring without the music(wether it be rap,country,polka) If the only issue was over use of replay then the stream was a success IMO. The feed could have easily been taken down midway through the event due to copyright claims for unlicensed use of music. 

The only people I’m concerned with liking the event were students in attendance for their first Billiken basketball experience. 

RUBillsFan likes this

I had to work Saturday so the wife and I were grateful to see our team even though we do not care for rap music and we like Jack Benny.

We watched it on my I phone and just loved the exciting vibe going on in Chaifetz and seeing all of the players for the first time was so good neither of us even noticed there was music playing.

We really wanted to be there so for the wife and I really wanted so say how much we appreciated the stream it was better than not seeing it at all.

36 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Yeah? So the only subjective issue on the stream was the replays? MAYBE the sound mixing of Rammer/Music, you would have heard the same thing in the arena. Communication needs to be that the music is second to Rammer. The event would have been incredibly boring without the music(wether it be rap,country,polka) If the only issue was over use of replay then the stream was a success IMO. The feed could have easily been taken down midway through the event due to copyright claims for unlicensed use of music. 

The only people I’m concerned with liking the event were students in attendance for their first Billiken basketball experience. 

if it was only for those in attendance ,why stream it on youtube? if i told a casual fan to watch the shooter jimerson he will really be something, they would not have seen it. the replays masked all of his 3s. the event was fine the streaming wasnt

9 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

if it was only for those in attendance ,why stream it on youtube? if i told a casual fan to watch the shooter jimerson he will really be something, they would not have seen it. the replays masked all of his 3s. the event was fine the streaming wasnt

Okay we agree that is an issue. It’s the second Billiken madness stream. happens, they’ll get the feedback and move on. This isn’t the big deal it’s been made out to be. Yes I’m only concerned about students. They make 99% of the atmosphere.