Is the Hammer about to fall on KU?

brianstl

19 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

it rubs me wrong when he talks down to the billikens.   we could never be kansas.   our players arent worthy of their intramural program.   you name it.   look up smug in the dictionary and hawk is there.  

+1

Though we actually could be Kansas - and pay top dollar. As long as we pay $20,001 and $90,001 to purchase our players as well.  And to think, we have been trying to get the best players available by offering scholarships, opportunities and playing time here with our coaches and facilities!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, CBFan said:

Your friend is also a snob I have an associates degree I worked my way into an electrical engineering position now for 31 years and have been reasonably successful with my community college degree.

I look up to all with higher degrees unless your a snob that looks down on community college degrees.  Why would anyone of decent character make such mean and nasty statement like that?

@TJHawk has never bothered me with his posts except for the shot he took at clock so he wears the hat too.

Billiken are a mixed bunch of good fans of many different levels of education that also like other basketball teams and I welcome all types to fill Chaifetz.

Franchise, I believe everything you said about your friend I just take exception of one statement.

CBFan you make a fair point and you're right.  In my zeal to take a shot at Mizzou I came across as a snob.  Please accept my apology.

Can anyone here point out one time in the past ten years where I talked down to SLU?  SLU has a big time coach, campus and arena.  I suffered on this board with everyone during S1 and S2 and you can look that up.  The only one I can think of was when I said Pearson would not have left if SLU completed in the Big East.  I dont think I'm the only one on this board wishing SLU in the Big East.  I dont bring up KU, I only respond to others.

I'm pretty honest here with my fandom.  I have two teams I root for.  KU is my number 1 school and SLU is my number 2 school.  The only college clothing i will ever wear other than KU is SLU.  I hate Mizzou and Kansas State which last time I checked seem to be the biggest thorns in your side.  Remember the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

SLU_Lax likes this

2 hours ago, willie said:

Kansas needs to step up their payments if they expect to win big. 20k 90k not much when compared to the 200k Adidas was paying the Louisville recruit who's name escapes me. 

Or the big house in Durham Zion's parents somehow managed to buy. 

1 hour ago, TJHawk said:

CBFan you make a fair point and you're right.  In my zeal to take a shot at Mizzou I came across as a snob.  Please accept my apology.

Can any here point out one time in the past ten years where I talked down to SLU?  SLU has a big time coach, campus and arena.  I suffered on this board with everyone during S1 and S2 and you can look that up.  The only one I can think of was when I said Pearson would not have left if SLU completed in the Big East.  I dont think I'm the only one on this board wishing SLU in the Big East.  I dont bring up KU, I only respond to others.

I'm pretty honest here with my fandom.  I have two teams I root for.  KU is my number school and SLU is my number 2 school.  The only college clothing i will ever wear other than KU is SLU.  I hate Mizzou and Kansas State which last time I checked seem to be the biggest thrones in your sides.  Remember the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I’m going to watch game of thorns tonite 😃

2 hours ago, TJHawk said:

Can any here point out one time in the past ten years where I talked down to SLU?  SLU has a big time coach, campus and arena.  I suffered on this board with everyone during S1 and S2 and you can look that up.  The only one I can think of was when I said Pearson would not have left if SLU completed in the Big East.  I dont think I'm the only one on this board wishing SLU in the Big East.  I dont bring up KU, I only respond to others.

I'm pretty honest here with my fandom.  I have two teams I root for.  KU is my number school and SLU is my number 2 school.  The only college clothing i will ever wear other than KU is SLU.  I hate Mizzou and Kansas State which last time I checked seem to be the biggest thrones in your sides.  Remember the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

All good TJ thank you.

SLU_Lax likes this

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/acc/2019/09/26/georgia-tech-basketball-banned-postseason-ncaa/3774991002/

Georgia Tech out of post season tourney, scholarship loss, probation.  Notice of violations were in March, penalties not announced until today.

So if I understand the transfer rules correctly, James Banks III is a free agent right now that can immediately play anywhere because he has only one year of eligibility remaining.  He would improve just about any team.  He is a force down low on both ends.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dlarry said:

Can you imagine the reaction on this board if they did that here.

Of the half that didn’t go into cardiac arrest half of them would cancel their season tickets.

giphy.gif

Don't forget those who would be pissed they missed the video of the acrobatic dancers because of replays of snoop tossing money into the crowd!

dlarry likes this

On 10/5/2019 at 3:30 PM, brianstl said:

That would have sent half our season ticket base into cardiac arrest.

On 10/5/2019 at 4:14 PM, dlarry said:

Can you imagine the reaction on this board if they did that here.

Of the half that didn’t go into cardiac arrest half of them would cancel their season tickets.

True story: For the first home game of the 2003-2004 season, we had Eminem's "Lose Yourself" as the music playing over our intros. It seemed to go over pretty well. By then, the song had been out a year and was a big hit and ubiquitous in arenas and advertising and whatnot, so it seemed mainstream enough so as not to be an issue.

Next home game, it was gone and I can't remember what replaced it. I just remember Drejaj asking an assistant AD at the time, "Yo, what happened to Eminem?!" and he just went "We got complaints."

So yeah, it's safe to say that Late Night at the Phog performance would've been a problem for the fun police that comprise a disappointingly large proportion of our fan base.

13 hours ago, Pistol said:

True story: For the first home game of the 2003-2004 season, we had Eminem's "Lose Yourself" as the music playing over our intros. It seemed to go over pretty well. By then, the song had been out a year and was a big hit and ubiquitous in arenas and advertising and whatnot, so it seemed mainstream enough so as not to be an issue.

Next home game, it was gone and I can't remember what replaced it. I just remember Drejaj asking an assistant AD at the time, "Yo, what happened to Eminem?!" and he just went "We got complaints."

So yeah, it's safe to say that Late Night at the Phog performance would've been a problem for the fun police that comprise a disappointingly large proportion of our fan base.

-see Baby Blues. pun intended

Billiken Rich likes this