Alternate uniform

crymdg2

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, crymdg2 said:

I know some(one) could care less, but I love alternate uniforms and you can bet recruits and the players do too! Season can't start quick enough!

I do to. And agree the players like unis that are a little non traditional. We have blue, white, grey, and black now, wonder what's next. I'd go for a combo look, e.g. Blue shorts with white jerseys. Mix 'em up a little. 

9 hours ago, dlarry said:

I bet they are going to be ugly.

i also bet I like them.

I just hope they aren’t anything like this

11264135_fpx.tif?op_sharpen=1&wid=500&he

I don't know, I kind of like them. The present uniforms we had for years are boring. I do like the black ones.

Those of you that go back to the Al McGuire coached Marquette teams, they had some really wild uniforms.

Would give them a kind of a "c'est magnifique!" 😃😃

as long as billiken blue is the predominant color i love whatever they give us.  everything to do with the billikens should be billiken blue.

TheBand likes this

11 hours ago, dlarry said:

I bet they are going to be ugly.

i also bet I like them.

I just hope they aren’t anything like this

11264135_fpx.tif?op_sharpen=1&wid=500&he

Those are kind of mesmerizing.......I wonder if you could do some sort of active or passive camouflage that would make it harder to determine the direction you are moving?

42 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Ha I have no information but these will probably do you in

if so, probably an example of some marketing "genius" who  never went to slu and privately roots for all the blue blood schools most of us hate with a passion.  in two years these geniuses will have moved on to another slu to f up their years of tradition.

meanwhile, slu will then probably bring in a new set of geniuses that will hit on the notion that maybe we should look to our history and tradition and push that to the loyal fan base that stuck with the billikens through the lame brain idea they thought would appeal to the all the 18 year olds when this started and are now 30 somethings and rooting for the same blue blood schools of the now gone geniuses.   i just hope i'm still alive to see the come to jesus moment.. 

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

if so, probably an example of some marketing "genius" who  never went to slu and privately roots for all the blue blood schools most of us hate with a passion.  in two years these geniuses will have moved on to another slu to f up their years of tradition.

meanwhile, slu will then probably bring in a new set of geniuses that will hit on the notion that maybe we should look to our history and tradition and push that to the loyal fan base that stuck with the billikens through the lame brain idea they thought would appeal to the all the 18 year olds when this started and are now 30 somethings and rooting for the same blue blood schools of the now gone geniuses.   i just hope i'm still alive to see the come to jesus moment.. 

As if marketing or anyone cares enough to come up with new unis. If anyone besides the basketball team have a single fuok about jerseys and the marketability of them we would be able to buy Nike replicas in the team store. This is probably a Ford Steun project.