Carteare

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Is that a JUCO?

NW Florida State College. The Raiders. New coach is Butch Pierre. Wasn't he a high flying AC at LSU or at some power 5 school at one time? I seem to recall his name being bandied about when we were discussing Crews' replacement. He replaced Steve DeMatao who joined Anderson's staff at St. John's. Kendrick Brown of the 76'ers is an alum. They play in a JUCO conference and had the player of the year last year. I really didn't get into the Wiki that much other than their athletic status, although it sounds like it's a 4 yr teacher's college. It's in Niceville, FL. Kind of ironic our guy Carteare, who is anything but nice, would end up in a town called Niceville. 

3 hours ago, Old guy said:

JUCO or not what Carteare really needs is a place where he can work out his issues. If he manages to get some sort of JUCO Associate's Certificate or degree much the better. This is an iffy proposition at this time, I hope he finds his way.

More than that, when all is said and done, I really want to see him in heaven.

brianstl likes this

2 hours ago, almaman said:

Sure seems like he just hates school. He should play pro somewhere and maybe get a buzz going if he is all of that.

He will.  But he is not ready for the professional ball.   Instead, it appears he will play at the JUCO.   But he won't graduate from JUCO - unless he is given a decree to just move him along.  Instead, he will run out of eligibility or age another year, and then give professional ball a try.

Unfortunately if the guy goes overseas to play professionally he’s going to end up in an foreign prison.

I hope I’m wrong but I just don’t see any other outcome.

I hope he can find a Nice Juco and that is the reality check he needs to straighten up. I just don’t see it happening. 

I just don’t see us hearing any positive news about CG ever again. 

I wish the guy luck!

billiken_roy likes this

On 9/13/2019 at 12:30 PM, slu72 said:

NW Florida State College. The Raiders. New coach is Butch Pierre. Wasn't he a high flying AC at LSU or at some power 5 school at one time? I seem to recall his name being bandied about when we were discussing Crews' replacement. He replaced Steve DeMatao who joined Anderson's staff at St. John's. Kendrick Brown of the 76'ers is an alum. They play in a JUCO conference and had the player of the year last year. I really didn't get into the Wiki that much other than their athletic status, although it sounds like it's a 4 yr teacher's college. It's in Niceville, FL. Kind of ironic our guy Carteare, who is anything but nice, would end up in a town called Niceville. 

I’ve been there. It’s close to Destin/Ft. Walton Beach Fl. 

On 9/13/2019 at 12:30 PM, slu72 said:

Butch Pierre was Ford's assistant, so I suspect the JUCO head coach knows what he's in for. Wonder if Travis played a hand in directing Gordon there?

I speculated about Pierre as a possible assistant on our staff some day given their connection. He was with Ford the entire time at OSU, so I assume they had a good relationship.

50 minutes ago, ACE said:

Butch Pierre was Ford's assistant, so I suspect the JUCO head coach knows what he's in for. Wonder if Travis played a hand in directing Gordon there?

I speculated about Pierre as a possible assistant on our staff some day given their connection. He was with Ford the entire time at OSU, so I assume they had a good relationship.

Id be surprised given Ford and Gordon relationship.   But at the same time Ford probably knows to never burn bridges with big time recruits..

36 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Id be surprised given Ford and Gordon relationship.   But at the same time Ford probably knows to never burn bridges with big time recruits..

True, but on the other hand, Pierre could be a good source for Ford to get leads on players in the future.

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Yes, should emphasized on the local part, good call. 

Wouldn't be the first time a kid has come back to his original school. However, in this case, Pierre will likely have to perform a miracle transformation w/ Gordon. If this was ever to be a possibility, Travis should have CG examined by a team of psychiatrists. 

3 hours ago, slu72 said:

Wouldn't be the first time a kid has come back to his original school. However, in this case, Pierre will likely have to perform a miracle transformation w/ Gordon. If this was ever to be a possibility, Travis should have CG examined by a team of psychiatrists. 

Let's say that a team of shrinks examines CG, what do you think they are going to find? My guess is that there is a deep pool of anger, hurt and rebellion in there somewhere, furthermore there may be other deeply suppressed attributes that (in terms of his highly defended insides) would brand him as a weakling and a pushover, something no one is allowed to see. What do you think?