Carteare

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Who is TC? I’ve seen a few ppl say TC in this thread.

For the record, TCO is in no way connected to TC or Carte'Are Gordon. I believe TC is Tyler Coleman.

I know I had posted negative things about Gordon going back to his high school days, but I sincerely hope he gets whatever help/guidance he needs to get his career on track. It is looking like a sad situation that at this point can still be salvaged, so hopefully he is getting the support he needs and is accepting of it.

wgstl likes this

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

his twitter is filled with awkward pictures of him with high profile local athletes. If I’m being honest it makes me uneasy.

Last year I thought the guy was a good just looking out for Carteare. Now he is VTime on steroids and human growth hormones.

2 hours ago, CBFan said:

I felt that Gordon would not play a regular season game he had too much down time sitting out and waiting to play then making matters worse when DePaul is under NCAA suspension and the program now seems to be a mess, a perfect storm.

I agree with Roy and Skip he is a grown up now so he owns this.  I am always a cheerleader for all people doing well and not wasting a life so I hope Gordon goes to JUCO and humbles himself apologizes for his bad behavior and finds a D1 school gets his degree.

IMO, Gordon shouldn't be in college. He has no interest in being there or getting anything resembling an education.

slu72, billiken_roy and CBFan like this

10 hours ago, slufanskip said:

Couldn't care less if next time I hear his name he's playing in the NBA or I ask him for the double w/ cheese. He's an adult. Time to grow up and take responsibility for his own life blaming people advising him is ridiculous. His choices are his and his only. 

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

Making excuses for Gordon and babying him is why he is where he is. I am rooting for the guy but HoosierPal is right. Biedscheid all over again. He may as well just go pro

I haven’t seen anyone making excuses for him or babying him. Think we all agree he’s throwing away a tremendous opportunity. All I said is I hope we don’t gloat too much about the fact that this kid/man/whatever appears unstable and seems to have his life headed in the wrong direction (it doesn’t seem like people have been gloating, for what it’s worth)

27 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Tyler Coleman. It's not hard to form the opinion looking at his Instagram and twitter that he's a hanger on

ahh makes sense, totally forgot about him. 

He always seemed like a odd kid hanging around high school. Im sure hes thrilled about landing a job at trinity.   I always thought it CAG went to the NBA, Coleman would attempt to be his manager.  

49 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

For the record, TCO is in no way connected to TC or Carte'Are Gordon. I believe TC is Tyler Coleman.

I know I had posted negative things about Gordon going back to his high school days, but I sincerely hope he gets whatever help/guidance he needs to get his career on track. It is looking like a sad situation that at this point can still be salvaged, so hopefully he is getting the support he needs and is accepting of it.

Its truly amazing how different he is from his brother Chris.  Chris was always a very humble and genuine person. 

-with the history is there a coach/program in D1 that takes him? this assumes he could qualify academically

-I think everyone can see the potential but also the headaches and the headaches seem to far outweigh the potential at this point, kid has a limited clock to figure out some things

36 minutes ago, NH said:

I haven’t seen anyone making excuses for him or babying him. Think we all agree he’s throwing away a tremendous opportunity. All I said is I hope we don’t gloat too much about the fact that this kid/man/whatever appears unstable and seems to have his life headed in the wrong direction (it doesn’t seem like people have been gloating, for what it’s worth)

When it's being said that whoever is advising him seems to be giving him bad advice deflects the mistakes onto the advisor and not where they belong which is solely on his shoulders and his shoulders only. 

14 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

The comments from the DePaul fans were cracking me up.  We should always remember that no matter how hard it is, at times, to be a Billiken fan, at least we're not DePaul.

BuiltFordBills and brianstl like this

I disagree with some of these posts, throwing Gordon under the bus because he is an adult (which he is in a chronological sense). I have always believed that there is no magical line at age 18 or 21 which makes a person qualified to handle his/her life. Some people are late bloomers and just do not get it. I have always believed that it is sad, in some cases tragic, to see someone throwing his potential for great things down the toilet just because they do not get the fact that talent is not the ONLY thing that counts. People make bad decisions at all stages in their lives, and they indeed pay for the bad decisions one way or the other, they are adults after all. It is tragic when a talented kid persists in self destructive behavior, after he has crossed the line into adulthood. They may need extra help and support to get to where they want to go, and I think SLU and Ford tried to provide the necessary environment, but the kid just persisted in his self destructive ways. I am very sorry to hear Gordon has not got it yet, I wonder if he ever will. I hope he reaches some understanding about what he is doing to himself before all doors are closed to him.

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

I disagree with some of these posts, throwing Gordon under the bus because he is an adult (which he is in a chronological sense). I have always believed that there is no magical line at age 18 or 21 which makes a person qualified to handle his/her life. Some people are late bloomers and just do not get it. I have always believed that it is sad, in some cases tragic, to see someone throwing his potential for great things down the toilet just because they do not get the fact that talent is not the ONLY thing that counts. People make bad decisions at all stages in their lives, and they indeed pay for the bad decisions one way or the other, they are adults after all. It is tragic when a talented kid persists in self destructive behavior, after he has crossed the line into adulthood. They may need extra help and support to get to where they want to go, and I think SLU and Ford tried to provide the necessary environment, but the kid just persisted in his self destructive ways. I am very sorry to hear Gordon has not got it yet, I wonder if he ever will. I hope he reaches some understanding about what he is doing to himself before all doors are closed to him.

Sorry Old Guy, but my life experience is that guys who were decent and nice in high school and college are still decent and nice.  Guys who were a-holes, are still a-holes years later.  At some point, you can't continue to give passes to unacceptable behavior and poor choices with the "he's young" excuse.

1 hour ago, ACE said:

IMO, Gordon shouldn't be in college. He has no interest in being there or getting anything resembling an education.

Agree.

The problem is that he isn’t good enough for the NBA and I don’t think he would last a week on his own in a foreign country.

4 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Agree.

The problem is that he isn’t good enough for the NBA and I don’t think he would last a week on his own in a foreign country.

True, I never considered him a legit NBA prospect, but he definitely has the ability to have a long and fairly lucrative basketball career IF he can get his act together. That is a big IF. He should just start collecting paychecks now for as long as he can and hope he gets lucky and it doesn't flame out too soon.