OT:Ream and Sargent Called Up for STL USMNT Match

Coach Berhalter has called in SLU Alum Tim Ream and local product Josh Sargent as part of the USMNT that will take on Mexico on Sept 6 and Uruguay on Sept 10, here at Busch Stadium.  It will be great cheering two with St. Louis connects as they take on La Celeste.  

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Coach Berhalter has called in SLU Alum Tim Ream and local product Josh Sargent as part of the USMNT that will take on Mexico on Sept 6 and Uruguay on Sept 10, here at Busch Stadium.  It will be great cheering two with St. Louis connects as they take on La Celeste.  

finally a roster that is somewhat exciting. 

3 hours ago, wgstl said:

finally a roster that is somewhat exciting. 

Dest and Pomykal have me very excited.  Good to see Sargent return, despite him getting very few minutes so far this year with Werder Bremen.  

It's good to see Ream called up for the match as a local guy, but I don't understand why Berhalter continues to include him... He's an MLS level player who will be 35 by the time of the 2022 World Cup.  I fully expect Ream to sign with the STL MLS team for cheap to finish out his career... very possibly our first captain.

2 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

It's good to see Ream called up for the match as a local guy, but I don't understand why Berhalter continues to include him... He's an MLS level player who will be 35 by the time of the 2022 World Cup.  I fully expect Ream to sign with the STL MLS team for cheap to finish out his career... very possibly our first captain.

17 of the 23 call ups are MLS players.  So your comment, is that good or bad?

Who do you want at Left Back?  

22 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

17 of the 23 call ups are MLS players.  So your comment, is that good or bad?

Who do you want at Left Back?  

It’s neither good nor bad.  It’s just a statement. MLS quality is improving.   Do you want a 35 year old Tim Ream starting at left back at the next World Cup?

Considering LB is essentially a third CB in Berhalter’s system, you can play essentially anyone there who is mobile and somewhat physical. They don’t even necessarily have to be left footed.  Antonee Robinson should start when healthy.  There are better options than Ream, even in MLS.  

17 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

It’s neither good nor bad.  It’s just a statement. MLS quality is improving.   Do you want a 35 year old Tim Ream starting at left back at the next World Cup?

Considering LB is essentially a third CB in Berhalter’s system, you can play essentially anyone there who is mobile and somewhat physical. They don’t even necessarily have to be left footed.  Antonee Robinson should start when healthy.  There are better options than Ream, even in MLS.  

Meh, they weren't going to not take Ream to STL and Robinson was hurt over the summer during Gold Cup

On 8/28/2019 at 4:45 PM, gobillsgo said:

Dest and Pomykal have me very excited.  Good to see Sargent return, despite him getting very few minutes so far this year with Werder Bremen.  

Ream is back in the line-up for Fulham. They drew 1-1 against Cardiff just before the international break in the EFL championship.

• 2 weeks later...