OT: Where's the hype for the St. Louis Battlehawks?

Taj79

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have zero interest in this.

none of my friends/family have any interest in this.

None of my coworkers have any interest in this.

Im just not sure where the fans are going to come from. 

That said I like the logo and will probably buy a shirt and wear it to a fantasy football draft or two as a gag so I will be giving the league a little money.

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

im all about it since I refuse to watch the NFL but still miss football. 

Just looked up the ticket situation, about to put down my deposit for ST

Good.

Im glad to hear people are excited for this. I hope there are a lot more of you.

I participate in fantasy but have given up watching the NFL. Honestly I don’t even miss it. Fall is a great time of year and there are so many other ways to spend my Sundays. 

I get my football fix with college.

billikenbill likes this

3 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Good.

Im glad to hear people are excited for this. I hope there are a lot more of you.

I participate in fantasy but have given up watching the NFL. Honestly I don’t even miss it. Fall is a great time of year and there are so many other ways to spend my Sundays. 

I get my football fix with college.

we got a large group too.

I'm keeping an open mind.  May go check out a game or two.  I like that they'll have a spring season so they won't be competing with college and the NFL.  I'm a little curious as to why the XFL didn't choose more non-NFL cities, but perhaps the now-defunct AAF beat them to the punch.

billikenfan05 likes this

11 hours ago, dlarry said:

I have zero interest in this.

none of my friends/family have any interest in this.

None of my coworkers have any interest in this.

Im just not sure where the fans are going to come from. 

That said I like the logo and will probably buy a shirt and wear it to a fantasy football draft or two as a gag so I will be giving the league a little money.

I appreciate your posts but there's a world out there besides your circle of acquaintances. I have heard from quite a few people that are interested, maybe as a gag. I don't know but even if they'll go ironically but they're still going. Is the XFL(The X is for Xtreme®) going to set the city on fire? Probably not but it's entertainment and people will at the very least be curious. I think the team needs to frame people supporting this team as an F U to Kroenke and the NFL. This city has enough hate for Kroenke to sell out every game just to spite him. 

19 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

The AAF was horrible product. Hope the XFL is better.

i give it 1 season 

With the amount of money poured into the XFL it’ll be hard to only last a year. 

couldnt care less about football of any sort.  hope they make a billion dollars and great for st louis, but wont see me at a game.

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I appreciate your posts but there's a world out there besides your circle of acquaintances. I have heard from quite a few people that are interested, maybe as a gag. I don't know but even if they'll go ironically but they're still going. Is the XFL(The X is for Xtreme®) going to set the city on fire? Probably not but it's entertainment and people will at the very least be curious. I think the team needs to frame people supporting this team as an F U to Kroenke and the NFL. This city has enough hate for Kroenke to sell out every game just to spite him. 

No doubt but usually I can find somebody in my circle who is interested. I hope it takes off and grabs my attention but I’m not hopeful.

I think part of my skepticism comes from remembering the XFLs first go round. 

I was visiting a buddy at Mizzou and he had a bunch of guys over to watch it. We made it about 10 minutes before turning it off...it was brutal.

The best part of the original XFL was the game of “steal the bacon” to determine who gets the ball.

Hopefully they learned from their mistakes and can improve the product. 

Oooo. Almost as cool as the 70's band Angel, their logo also spelled Angel upside down...I just aged myself

I certainly am not going to go all out for an XFL team, but I will probably go to a few games.  The biggest reason for this is just to contribute to the idea that we're a good sports town.  Also, I do like watching football.  I would love for St. Louis to lead this league in attendance.

Also, as a complete pipe dream, it would be great for the NFL's problems to continue and the XFL to start to gain some ground.  Maybe after about 20 years, the NFL completely implodes and the XFL actually competes with them on their level.  Don't respond with all the reasons why that won't happen.  I get it.  It's just fun to think about.

dlarry likes this

3 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

I certainly am not going to go all out for an XFL team, but I will probably go to a few games.  The biggest reason for this is just to contribute to the idea that we're a good sports town.  Also, I do like watching football.  I would love for St. Louis to lead this league in attendance.

Also, as a complete pipe dream, it would be great for the NFL's problems to continue and the XFL to start to gain some ground.  Maybe after about 20 years, the NFL completely implodes and the XFL actually competes with them on their level.  Don't respond with all the reasons why that won't happen.  I get it.  It's just fun to think about.

XFL would be the WCW Monday Nitro to the NFL's WWE Monday Night RAW

Spoon-Balls likes this

7 hours ago, BLIKNS said:

Oooo. Almost as cool as the 70's band Angel, their logo also spelled Angel upside down...I just aged myself

Actually saw them. Opened for The Strawbs @ the pre redo Fox. Came out in white white white outfits to their hit which escapes me. It was hard not to notice. They were as awful as their music would lead one to believe. 

On 8/22/2019 at 4:43 PM, billikenfan05 said:

XFL would be the WCW Monday Nitro to the NFL's WWE Monday Night RAW

This post can't get enough likes. I for one am excited about the XFL and think it has the potential to garner a significant following. There's enough people who already hate the NFL who would love to jump on the XFL bandwagon, if Vince McMahon plays his cards right. 

2 hours ago, Spoon-Balls said:

This post can't get enough likes. I for one am excited about the XFL and think it has the potential to garner a significant following. There's enough people who already hate the NFL who would love to jump on the XFL bandwagon, if Vince McMahon plays his cards right. 

Except Vince McMahon is basically the same person as an NFL owner, albeit with a little more of a public persona, so why would it go any differently? There’s just one NFL owner-type of person in charge instead of 32. A few rule changes and second-tier players aren’t going to fix anything inherently bad about football and the culture around it.

I doubt this will happen, but anyone think it was odd that the son (Andrew Luck) of the CEO of the XFL (Oliver Luck) just quit the NFL?  There are a lot of players inside the NFL that are unhappy with how the league does things.  Perhaps, but not likely, a behind the scenes player poaching is underway.

19 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I doubt this will happen, but anyone think it was odd that the son (Andrew Luck) of the CEO of the XFL (Oliver Luck) just quit the NFL?  There are a lot of players inside the NFL that are unhappy with how the league does things.  Perhaps, but not likely, a behind the scenes player poaching is underway.

ha, never connected the dots on that.  That would be awesome