Fastest/quickest Billiken of All time??

BLIKNS

Off Season so....seeing that Coach Ford said Weaver was really quick, made me wonder how fast Yuri is, then any thoughts on who the fastest of all time would be???

all the times i have seen yuri play, i didnt really consider him extraodinarily fast or quick.   he isnt slow by any means, but he isnt burns, he isnt polk.   maybe more like jeremy biles, carl turner or carlos mccauley speedwise.  

collins has two incrediable basketball aspects.   floor vision and ball handling which makes him a fantastic passer.  couple that with his fearlessness and decision making, and he is a division one point guard that might be special.   i say might because i fear his size and average shooting at best may hold him back from going to that next level.   i think he can play A10 basketball.   i just wont commit he will be a star or even a starter.   i hope i am wrong because he seems to be a great young man that is liked by teamates and has that ability in high school to make everyone else better.   

45 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

all the times i have seen yuri play, i didnt really consider him extraodinarily fast or quick.   he isnt slow by any means, but he isnt burns, he isnt polk.   maybe more like jeremy biles, carl turner or carlos mccauley speedwise.  

collins has two incrediable basketball aspects.   floor vision and ball handling which makes him a fantastic passer.  couple that with his fearlessness and decision making, and he is a division one point guard that might be special.   i say might because i fear his size and average shooting at best may hold him back from going to that next level.   i think he can play A10 basketball.   i just wont commit he will be a star or even a starter.   i hope i am wrong because he seems to be a great young man that is liked by teamates and has that ability in high school to make everyone else better.   

B'roy's starting to catch Yurimania! 

Yuri is a prober of defenses.  He only kicks it to second gear when he sees an opening.  Even if that speed, he's Mike McCall or Jordair Jett quick.  That's still faster than 90% of players who have suited up for the Billikens the past 25 years.  Marque Perry was the quickest Billiken during that time period, IMO.

12 hours ago, Sheltiedave said:

David Burns was #1, Jimmy Irving was 1a. Polk and Biles both had the jets to start even on a rebound and have an unchallenged layup at the other end. Marque impressed me more as lightning quick changing direction moreso than straight line fast.

I was going to say Jimmy the Jet Irving, since I never saw Burns. Irving seemed to have a 4-5 speed transmission. I recall fast breaks where he seemed to have an extra gear that would get him to the hoop unscathed. He was fun to watch. 

David Burns was before my time but there seems to be a consensus forming around him.

Dwayne Polk might be the quickest I can remember, but his skill set was not compatible with Soderberg's style and it was mostly wasted.