OT: MLS Announcement Tuesday: GOOOOOOL for STL.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

A lot of the things you mention are spot on. My first impression of one of their top members was a sodomy joke. 

to expand on the soccer fandom authority: they are extremely self important. They think they are essential to St Louis Soccer. 

I agree with your second sentence. It is so bizarre.

It is really a weird dynamic. I was a STH in that section - used to enjoy it for the first season or two but it grew old quickly. It is just a weird group of people, which I normally don't have too much of a problem with, but there was also this weird shaming/exclusive element to the section. Some of them are good people - some of them are whackos. It was a star wars bar for sure

15 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

A lot of the things you mention are spot on. My first impression of one of their top members was a sodomy joke. 

to expand on the soccer fandom authority: they are extremely self important. They think they are essential to St Louis Soccer. 

Im not a fan of them.  I went and tailgated with them a few years ago, had a great time then got talking about prem league.  Once they found out who I supported they were talking smack and attacking me about it, and not in a friendly ha ha way. 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Im not a fan of them.  I went and tailgated with them a few years ago, had a great time then got talking about prem league.  Once they found out who I supported they were talking smack and attacking me about it, and not in a friendly ha ha way. 

Weird. Do they generally align with a certain Premier League team? Or maybe just hate Arsenal because of Kroenke? 

55 minutes ago, Compton said:

Weird. Do they generally align with a certain Premier League team? Or maybe just hate Arsenal because of Kroenke? 

Had Nothing to do with arsenal, it was a bunch of PL fans that hated Man city. 

15 hours ago, davidnark said:

There were actually Looligans who opposed MLS because it would diminish their personal significance (which only existed in their minds anyway.)

This made me laugh. I’ve personally met Louligans who tried to tell me that the MLS ownership group should consult with them on the name and colors and crest because “they’ve been around since the beginning.” I just smiled and nodded and slowly backed away. Like, what universe do you live in where think that’s even a remotely realistic possibility?

Littlebill and SLU_Lax like this

20 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

This made me laugh. I’ve personally met Louligans who tried to tell me that the MLS ownership group should consult with them on the name and colors and crest because “they’ve been around since the beginning.” I just smiled and nodded and slowly backed away. Like, what universe do you live in where think that’s even a remotely realistic possibility?

This is a prevailing belief as far as I can tell from their twitter account and accounts they retweet. 

Reinert310 likes this

5 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

This is a prevailing belief as far as I can tell from their twitter account and accounts they retweet. 

1 thing you have to give them, it takes a big set of balls to believe something like that. 🤦🏻

16 hours ago, davidnark said:

There were actually Looligans who opposed MLS because it would diminish their personal significance (which only existed in their minds anyway.)

I've recently seen tweets mentioning that certain members of the group won't support STL City or attend its games.  And that's absurd.

8 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

I've recently seen tweets mentioning that certain members of the group won't support STL City or attend its games.  And that's absurd.

We love soccer so much that we're not going to support the local professional soccer team or attend soccer games just to prove how much we love soccer more than everyone else!

48 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

We love soccer so much that we're not going to support the local professional soccer team or attend soccer games just to prove how much we love soccer more than everyone else!

It makes sense if you really think about it. (No, no, it really doesn’t.)

1 hour ago, gobillsgo said:

What I’m gathering from this thread is that we need to create our own Billikens.com MLS supporter group. The MBM Citizen Tools. 

Honestly I can’t wait for the Louligans full heel turn when another group of people who don’t wa to be surrounded by obese alcoholics sweating through their shmedium jerseys and the Louligans get territorial. 

AGB91 likes this

12 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Honestly I can’t wait for the Louligans full heel turn when another group of people who don’t wa to be surrounded by obese alcoholics sweating through their shmedium jerseys and the Louligans get territorial. 

I think you're in the wrong metro to attack that demo. St Chuck will be coming for you

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Clearly you're not talking about me. I never wear medium jerseys

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Whoa whoa whoa! 
Just a darn minute here. What’a wrong with obese alcoholics?