Recruiting - 2023

Pistol

10 hours ago, shempie said:

https://www.nwfraiders.com/sports/mbkb/2022-23/bios/pryor_kasean_2o62

Has anyone else heard we are involved with this guy? And that we are the favorite?  Sorry if I missed it somewhere in this thread. 

-have we had other players from this school? it sounds familiar 

-it is located in Niceville, FL, I bet that's a pleasant place

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Juco power that won the national championship last year under the New Mexico State coach who was fired yesterday.

Wake’s Steve Forbes also coached there where he was 62-6 in two seasons.

12 hours ago, shempie said:

https://www.nwfraiders.com/sports/mbkb/2022-23/bios/pryor_kasean_2o62

Has anyone else heard we are involved with this guy? And that we are the favorite?  Sorry if I missed it somewhere in this thread. 

Hometown is Chicago. Looks like that. 6-10. Kid is definitely Joakim Noah's. 

Call's himself a 6'10 PG, which is a little odd with the 1.6 assists per at the JUCO level.  Nonetheless he can pass out of the post well. 

If true about the staff, its pretty apparent Ford wants a totally different roster.  We would have a big 4 and 2 centers, with one of those being someone who can play both the 4 and 5. 

Still think we absolutely need a starting center out of the portal. 

PF - Pryor, Vice

Center - (transfer), Momo, vice

I think Bruce is a project that wont see much his first year, but only basing that off of the fact there's nothing on him.

We offered him when he was still playing in Ann Arbor, before he transferred to Link and reclassified as a 2020 recruit. First hit our radar in 2018. Here's the final class list update from when I shut the 2020 class down: 

Kasean Pryor - F, 6-9, 190 - Ann Arbor, MI (Link Year Prep, MO) - AAU: Young & Reckless (Adidas Gold) - Reclassified from 2019 - Committed: Boise State (9/23/19)
Offers: Saint Louis, Boise State, SIU-Carbondale, Drake, SEMO, Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan, Milwaukee, Detroit, Winthrop, Appalachian State, Canisius, Robert Morris, NJIT, Hartford, South Alabama, Southern Utah.

Interest: Butler, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Kansas State, Iowa State, Temple, New Mexico, Colorado State, San Diego, Portland, Loyola-Chicago, Missouri State, Belmont, Murray State, Eastern Kentucky, Florida Atlantic, Charlotte, Louisiana Tech, Ohio, Toledo, Cleveland State, Northern Kentucky, Oakland, Green Bay, UNC-Greensboro, East Tennessee State, Georgia State, Appalachian State, South Alabama, Delaware, Towson, William & Mary, Western Illinois, Louisiana-Monroe, Niagara, Bryant, Wagner, Mount St. Mary's.

Original Scouting Report (2018):

Pryor is a long, lean forward with a lot of versatility. He's a late bloomer who was originally a guard but with a late growth spurt has grown quickly who will need to add to his frame and could be more of a skilled stretch 4 in college. He can score on all three levels and is an excellent defensive rebounder. He has solid on-ball skills, can shoot off the catch or pull-up, blocks shots, and can guard any position. Despite being based in Ann Arbor, he plays AAU ball for Young & Reckless out of Chicago. His dad is basketball coach Sean Pryor, currently at EMU and previously at New Mexico Highlands, Chicago State, and Mineral Area College; a Chicago native, he played at Mineral Area and Oregon State before playing professionally in France and Puerto Rico.

He only appeared in 13 games in 2 seasons at Boise State. I'm assuming he'd still be a junior eligibility-wise when he returns to D-I. Now listed at 6-10, 200, he's averaging 15.7 PPG and 8.5 RPG at Northwest Florida with a slashline of .458/.372/.797. It seems like that kind of production would translate into something useful at our level given NWF's status as a top program at that level. Second time late bloomer? I don't know, maybe there's something here.

11 minutes ago, Pistol said:

SLU offered Rivera a long time ago. Then things with his recruitment got really quiet for a while. Then he transferred this season and his recruitment has really picked up again.

Wouldn't be opposed to two Riveras on the team......both forwards.......it'd drive Gus insane

14 minutes ago, Pistol said:

SLU offered Rivera a long time ago. Then things with his recruitment got really quiet for a while. Then he transferred this season and his recruitment has really picked up again.

I wonder how much of it had to do with him filming the show? I watched it, not too bad for kids that have zero acting background.

6 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

I wonder how much of it had to do with him filming the show? I watched it, not too bad for kids that have zero acting background.

Yeah, probably at least a little. He was going to HS in NYC but his social media at the time was all about the show. Now he seems to be locked in on basketball again.

Looks like Swagger is getting a second season. I assume it's done filming - set for release in June.

• 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, AGB91 said:

Pistol,

Have you heard anything about SLU being interested in Daniel Ortiz a guard from Northern Alabama?

He averaged about 14 points per game.

No.

Per the Portal Report, he's heard from Liberty, UAB, Mississippi State, Louisiana Tech, Austin Peay, Hofstra, Minnesota, Louisiana-Monroe, Eastern Kentucky, Loyola-Chicago, Omaha, Southern, Hampton, Youngstown State, Indiana State, and Texas-Arlington.

4 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

SIAP have you heard of any slu interest in davion bradford?

Not this go-round. I don't think he really fills a need for us at this point as more of a traditional center and a one-year player.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, 757billiken said:

Any idea where Stephen Okoro is headed next year? It would be typical for Ford to bring on a project big man at the last minute even though we're nowhere near the last minute.

Ford can’t afford any projects at this point. He needs a roster of 1-11 that project to be able to play rotation minutes at a high A10 level.

brianstl likes this