Recruiting - 2023

Pistol

1 hour ago, Littlebill said:

Sure, but there is decent NIL money going to the Mizzou hoops program.  I have no idea how SLU’s program compares to others. Can we outbid a P5 school? Rich, just like every other recruit, has a $ figure in mind. Whoever meets it likely wins his service. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Littlebill said:

SLU, VCU, and Dayton continue to do everything a step above the rest of the a10. Schmidt's run (I'd imagine) is going to come to a screeching halt this year. Rhody and UMass are the unknowns going forward with their new coaches but the rest of this league is a step below the top 3 in terms of investment, facilities, fanbase, etc

Say what you will about the Belk Arena, but Davidson's results speak for themselves. Total A10 wins over the last 5 seasons (# of '20-'21 A10 games played in parentheses):

Dayton - 62 (16)

Davidson - 59 (11)

VCU - 57 (14)

Saint Louis - 49 (10)

32 minutes ago, wgstl said:

schools still can’t get involved so I’m guessing that’s where 

It is a state by state law from school involvement. NCAA has put guidelines out that prohibit boosters from getting involved with recruits. But again, it is all....fungible. 

Billiken Rich likes this

3 hours ago, JMM28 said:

It is a state by state law from school involvement. NCAA has put guidelines out that prohibit boosters from getting involved with recruits. But again, it is all....fungible. 

Yes, In Missouri Athletic Depts can be involved. 
ST. LOUIS–Missouri Governor Mike Parson on Thursday signed legislation that will allow college athletic departments to get more involved in the business of name, image and likeness, or NIL, just under a year after the state made it legal for student-athletes to get paid by third parties for endorsements.Jun 16, 2022

28 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Yes, I’m Missouri Athletic Depts can be involved. 
ST. LOUIS–Missouri Governor Mike Parson on Thursday signed legislation that will allow college athletic departments to get more involved in the business of name, image and likeness, or NIL, just under a year after the state made it legal for student-athletes to get paid by third parties for endorsements.Jun 16, 2022

Not sure about Ohio, but I bet the same thing is true there. If not, does anyone think the NCAA will go after them after they turned everything into a free for all?  Fungible is a good word for it

8 hours ago, TheOne said:

Expect Kachi Nzeh to commit to Xavier. SLU was in a very good spot until a package was offered by X that came in at the last minute, and arguably improperly.

I can deal with this excuse against big money football schools but Xavier is the same school as we are.  Anything that they do, we have to do better.  That includes anything deemed improper.

BilliesBy40 likes this

16 minutes ago, thetorch said:

I can deal with this excuse against big money football schools but Xavier is the same school as we are.  Anything that they do, we have to do better.  That includes anything deemed improper.

Xavier is the same school we are?  Sean Miller currently has a top 10 recruiting class.  No A10 team is pulling that off.

Question for Mods or Pistol:

Why are the committed players in the 2023 class not listed at the top as the signed players are in the 2022 listing of all the offers.  It seems like future year commits were included at the top of that years list previously.

I went to the 2023 list to verify who we had received verbals from, expecting to see them at the top.  Instead I had to go through the complete list of names and write up to find them.  Was that an item that was changed recently?  Not a complaint, just a question.

9 minutes ago, bauman said:

Question for Mods or Pistol:

Why are the committed players in the 2023 class not listed at the top as the signed players are in the 2022 listing of all the offers.  It seems like future year commits were included at the top of that years list previously.

I went to the 2023 list to verify who we had received verbals from, expecting to see them at the top.  Instead I had to go through the complete list of names and write up to find them.  Was that an item that was changed recently?  Not a complaint, just a question.

This is a work in progress. I just need some time to close out the 2022 class and shift everything up by one - which I haven't been able to do since Rivera committed. Work and kids, man. No free time.

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

This is a work in progress. I just need some time to close out the 2022 class and shift everything up by one - which I haven't been able to do since Rivera committed. Work and kids, man. No free time.

Come on man.  Get your priorities in order! 😁

I guess I still don't understand why it is more than a couple of minutes work to insert the names of our commits at the top of their recruiting year-no need to move their write up, just list their name at the top and leave their analysis in with all the other offers. 

No big deal, if it involves lots of work for you.

On 9/8/2022 at 5:11 PM, Lord Elrond said:

Not sure about Ohio, but I bet the same thing is true there. If not, does anyone think the NCAA will go after them after they turned everything into a free for all?  Fungible is a good word for it

The NCAA will keep on losing in court if they go after them.  People need to stop thinking of this stuff as improper.  Court after court has ruled it is legal.  Either you play the game or you get rolled.

SLU needs a collective now.

almaman and BilliesBy40 like this

On 9/8/2022 at 9:42 AM, TheOne said:

until a package was offered by X that came in at the last minute, and arguably improperly.

I don’t think much is considered improper at this point, likely lesson learned for those involved in the program financially. A lot of programs have the benefit of already doing this for years and can now do it on the up and up!

brianstl likes this

Desmond White (George Mason) and Ethan Kizer (South Alabama) are off the interest list.

@Midtown Madness had an interesting Twitter run-in with GMU coach Kim English over the weekend while he was in Missouri. We'd find out later it was to lock down the White commitment.

New interest:

Ladji Dembele - PF, 6-8, 245 - Bamako, Mali (St. Benedict's, NJ) - AAU: NY Renaissance (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @ladji_kalilou
Offers: Xavier, DePaul, Wake Forest, Pittsburgh.

Interest: Saint Louis, VCU, St. Bonaventure, Rhode Island, George Washington, Fordham, Providence, Seton Hall, Illinois, Texas A&M, Georgia, Virginia Tech, Oregon, Memphis, East Carolina, San Diego, Murray State, Charlotte, Florida International, IUPUI, Towson, Iona, Appalachian State, South Alabama, UMBC, NJIT, Maine, Florida Gulf Coast, Liberty, Texas A&M-Commerce.

Latest News: Dembele visited Pitt. (9/13/22)

Scouting Report: Dembele is a skilled power forward with a huge frame. He's an excellent rebounder at both ends. He confidently handles the ball in the open floor. He can step out and shoot it from three. He has good footwork and can stay in front of guards defensively. He's strong, tough, and always hustles.

Ahmadou Ndiaye - PF, 6-9, 210 - Everett, MA (Scotland Campus, PA) - AAU: The House We Built - Twitter: @ahmadou_21
Offers: Bryant, Stonehill.

Interest: Saint Louis, Illinois, Temple, Pacific, Brown, Ohio, Northern Kentucky, Milwaukee, Youngstown State, IUPUI, Chattanooga, East Tennessee State, Holy Cross, Northeastern, Towson, Sacred Heart, UMBC, Albany, NJIT, Maine, UC-Santa Barbara, Mount St. Mary's, Fairleigh Dickinson, Wagner.

Latest News: Ndiaye recently heard from Ohio, Youngstown State, Chattanooga, Northeastern, NJIT, Wagner, and the Mount. (9/13/22)

Scouting Report: Ndiaye is an athletic, fluid big man who plays with a high motor. He's a high-level rebounder at both ends and a skilled passer out of the post. He's a rim protector with length (7-3 wingspan) and timing. He's versatile offensively and defensively. He can shoot it out past the perimeter and has good touch around the rim. He started his prep career at St. Joseph Prep in MA, transferred to Putnam Science Academy (CT), and now attends Scotland Campus (PA).

More new interest:

DaVeon Thomas - PG, 6-1, 190 - Bishopville, SC (Kilgore College, TX) - Twitter: @DayDayThomas24
Offers: Texas A&M, West Virginia, Kansas State, Cincinnati, Arizona State, Memphis, Wichita State, UAB, Old Dominion, Milwaukee, Coastal Carolina, Alabama State.

Interest: Saint Louis, Dayton, VCU, Loyola-Chicago, Xavier, St. John's, DePaul, Illinois, Maryland, Arkansas, South Carolina, Clemson, Oregon, Utah, UNLV, SMU, Temple, San Diego, Charlotte, Florida International, Southern Miss, Kent State, Chattanooga, Iona, Texas-Arlington, Little Rock, Arkansas State, UC-Irvine, UC-Riverside, Cal State-Northridge, North Carolina A&T, Nicholls State.

Latest News: Thomas received an offer from Texas A&M. (9/19/22)

Scouting Report: Thomas is a quick, shifty guard with tight handles and excellent passing ability. He changes speed and direction effortlessly. He gets to the rim with ease and can shoot it from outside. He scored 11.3 PPG as a freshman at Kilgore with a slashline of .500/.393/.802.

Dior Davis - PG, 6-3, 175 - Brooklyn, NY (Ellsworth Community College, IA) - Twitter: @davis_dior
Offers: None.

Interest: Saint Louis, DePaul, Louisville, Arizona State, Boise State, Santa Clara, Indiana State, Missouri State, Columbia, North Texas, Florida Atlantic, Milwaukee, IUPUI, Southern Indiana, Wofford, Hofstra, Northeastern, Iona, Marist, Stony Brook, Manhattan, Appalachian State, North Dakota State, Long Beach State, Southern Utah, Longwood, Radford, Queens, North Carolina A&T, St. Francis-Brooklyn, LIU-Brooklyn, Bryant, Stonehill, Norfolk State, Morgan State, Coppin State, Bethune-Cookman, Texas Southern, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Southern.

Latest News: Davis has new interest from NDSU. (9/19/22)

Scouting Report: Davis is a quick, crafty point guard with a controlled game. He has tight handles and plays with great pace. He's elusive going to the basket. He can shoot it from outside. He's a freshman qualifier in JUCO with three years of D-I eligibility remaining.