Recruiting - 2023

Pistol

5 hours ago, Old guy said:

One of Missouri's State Parks, the Powerhouse museum at 4000 State Hwy 32 by Park Hills MO, is at the site of the exhausted St. Joseph lead mine and displays the history of lead mining in MO. We took the tour, and were told that the last lead smelter in the US, the one in Herculanum, had been closed by executive order by the Obama administration.

I have not visited the smelter or know if they are open for tours, but I believe the MO State parks information is more reliable than Google's, particularly since this state park is charged with presenting the history  of the lead mining industry in the state.

Sounds like one of the nicer smelting museums in the area, with a healthy dose of misinformation.

The Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History in DC also has a nice display on Missouri lead mining.

Old guy likes this

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Major Majerus said:

Mark me as another one who never watched Cheers - I stopped watching much TV after HS, but you would still want me on your trivia team. 😎

Same, but for the opposite reason.  I was either not born or watching cartoons during Cheers run.  I can recall seeing parts of episodes & especially the theme song as re-runs, but I'm pretty sure I never watched a whole episode.  Since Cheers has been ubiquitous in pop culture for the last 30+ years, I could still tell you who Cliff Claven and most other characters on the show are.

1 hour ago, Major Majerus said:

Mark me as another one who never watched Cheers - I stopped watching much TV after HS, but you would still want me on your trivia team. 😎

Cheers is one of the best sitcoms of all time however its spinoff (easily the greatest spinoff in television history) is even better in my book. No, not The Tortellis...

thetorch likes this

2 hours ago, Major Majerus said:

I did roughly the same thing as you did. For a long time I did not own a TV, this changed after my kids arrived and wanted to watch Disney.

House likes this

1 hour ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Cheers is one of the best sitcoms of all time however its spinoff (easily the greatest spinoff in television history) is even better in my book. No, not The Tortellis...

Frazier is the best sitcom of all time in my book. The only one that ever made me laugh out loud. 

3 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Frazier is the best sitcom of all time in my book. The only one that ever made me laugh out loud. 

Completely agree with you.

On one of my many mind-wandering trips last week, I was thinking about what 3 sitcoms I would save if only 3 were allowed to exist.

Frasier and Seinfeld for sure. Third is a tough one. Can't decide between Curb, The Larry Sanders Show, King of Queens (i'm not ashamed), or Arrested Development. 

Ideally, you'd want to pick 3 that have a high number of episodes since these are all you get for eternity. In spite of being one of the funniest shows ever, I'd likely cross off Arrested due to the smaller number of total episodes. 

Updated bio:

Onyekachi (Kachi) Nzeh - PF, 6-8, 210 - Upper Darby, PA (George School) - AAU: NY Renaissance (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @KachiNzeh - Finalists: SLU, VCU, Xavier, Iowa
Offers: Saint Louis, VCU, St. Joseph's, La Salle, Creighton, Xavier, Seton Hall, St. John's, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Penn State, Miami, Georgia Tech, TCU, Temple, Siena, Hofstra, New Mexico State, Bryant.

Interest: Dayton, Loyola-Chicago, George Washington, Connecticut, Butler, DePaul, Michigan, Ohio State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Oklahoma, Georgia, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Clemson, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Boston College, Oklahoma State, Stanford, California, Boise State, SMU, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Penn, Rice, Charlotte, Florida International, Ball State, Robert Morris, Louisiana-Monroe, Towson, William & Mary, Iona, Saint Peter's, Rider, Albany, UMBC, NJIT, UNC-Asheville, Radford.

Latest News: Nzeh has new interest from DePaul. (8/22/22)

Scouting Report: Nzeh is a hardworking, athletic frontcourt player with an imposing physical presence. He's tough to establish position against and has great hands and touch around the rim. He has a steady mid-range jumper and is working on extending his range out to the perimeter. He has good bounce and length (7-3 wingspan) and moves well laterally, giving him the ability to defend multiple positions. He transferred from Upper Darby HS to the George School after his sophomore year.

Kinda feels like Xavier is coming on strong. Sean Miller, the official account, a manager, and a beat writer have all started following him on Twitter in the past 2 weeks. Other assistants were already following him.

Say what you will about Miller, but he knows talent. Xavier making a late push says a lot about Nzeh's potential.

2 hours ago, willie said:

I’ll show my age. All in the family,Sanford and Son and I’ll throw in Big Bang. 

I'm a big all in the family fan.   But I'll take Seinfeld.   If I'm picking a third I love Mrs maisel

5 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Completely agree with you.

On one of my many mind-wandering trips last week, I was thinking about what 3 sitcoms I would save if only 3 were allowed to exist.

Frasier and Seinfeld for sure. Third is a tough one. Can't decide between Curb, The Larry Sanders Show, King of Queens (i'm not ashamed), or Arrested Development. 

Ideally, you'd want to pick 3 that have a high number of episodes since these are all you get for eternity. In spite of being one of the funniest shows ever, I'd likely cross off Arrested due to the smaller number of total episodes. 

I too enjoyed Frasier.  Can’t believe the dad was British.

Here’s an article about Nzeh’s recruitment: https://247sports.com/college/saint-louis/Article/Basketball-recruiting-Kachi-Nzeh-Iowa-Xavier-St-Louis-Xavier-191935889/

Looks like he’s visiting SLU on first on Thursday. Here’s what he had to say about SLU:

St. Louis: “They came in really early and have stayed in contact with me. Since they started it’s always been consistent and they really think I can make an impact at their school. They won without me and think I can bring a lot to that school and their winning culture. Also Coach Ford is great, has a lot of pros and loves to win while making his players feel like they’re in a family environment.”

22 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

How I met your mother............Cheers (before coach died and Shelly Long left).........The original Bob Newhart show (not the abomination in in Vermont)

Bob Newhart was a great drinking show. ‘Hi Bob’ meant a time for a chug. 

But the Newhart show in Vermont had the absolutely best final episode with ‘the Dream’

1 hour ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Here’s an article about Nzeh’s recruitment: https://247sports.com/college/saint-louis/Article/Basketball-recruiting-Kachi-Nzeh-Iowa-Xavier-St-Louis-Xavier-191935889/

Looks like he’s visiting SLU on first on Thursday. Here’s what he had to say about SLU:

St. Louis: “They came in really early and have stayed in contact with me. Since they started it’s always been consistent and they really think I can make an impact at their school. They won without me and think I can bring a lot to that school and their winning culture. Also Coach Ford is great, has a lot of pros and loves to win while making his players feel like they’re in a family environment.”

Getting the first visit of these four schools is huge.

Yet another reason to get down to campus for that women's soccer game against ND and make SLU's atmosphere as lively as possible while he's around.

brianstl likes this