Recruiting - 2023

Pistol

4 hours ago, Bills By 40 said:

They have a fun bar scene and a great architecture school, I'm sure those are the only two reasons anyone is choosing them. 

Actually they have a great Milling Engineering school in fact it may be the best in the country of course there just are not that many.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Milling grain in a large scale is not a simple procedure. I can see the need for programs in this area and demand for graduates. I assume then that the mining programs are to be found in Colorado or Nevada.

Not necessarily - MST in Rolla was originally called the School of Mines.  

One of Missouri's State Parks, the Powerhouse museum at 4000 State Hwy 32 by Park Hills MO, is at the site of the exhausted St. Joseph lead mine and displays the history of lead mining in MO. We took the tour, and were told that the last lead smelter in the US, the one in Herculanum, had been closed by executive order by the Obama administration.

I have not visited the smelter or know if they are open for tours, but I believe the MO State parks information is more reliable than Google's, particularly since this state park is charged with presenting the history  of the lead mining industry in the state.

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

One of Missouri's State Parks, the Powerhouse museum at 4000 State Hwy 32 by Park Hills MO, is at the site of the exhausted St. Joseph lead mine and displays the history of lead mining in MO. We took the tour, and were told that the last lead smelter in the US, the one in Herculanum, had been closed by executive order by the Obama administration.

I have not visited the smelter or know if they are open for tours, but I believe the MO State parks information is more reliable than Google's, particularly since this state park is charged with presenting the history  of the lead mining industry in the state.

I just love a good smelter!

24 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

There was a network television show called Cheers.  Cliff was a recurring character who you may find familiar.....

Mark me as another one who never watched Cheers - I stopped watching much TV after HS, but you would still want me on your trivia team. 😎

48 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

There was a network television show called Cheers.  Cliff was a recurring character who you may find familiar.....

channel 5 as i recall 8pm thursday. there were a few actors on there, wonder what ever happened to them old guy? Woodie have a clue?