Recruiting - 2023

Pistol

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Such is life. Maybe it was him or Brock Vice. That is the way it goes.

Reading the link that was provided to this site read to me he was leaning Missouri and liked Kansas St.

I read some posts on Tiger board that they thought he was too raw and should go to a smaller school then transfer to MU.  Some mentioned it was not a real solid offer and I do not know what that means.

23 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Having Eastern Michigan and UIC in a top 5 with KState, Mizzou, and Ole Miss is weird. I wonder how commit-able those 3 P5 offers are? 

Based on what I’ve found out the past few days, it sounds like the power 5 schools do in fact really like him. So I don’t think this is a case of him listing schools that wouldn’t accept his commitment although things can certainly change. Like potentially things changing here. I admit to questioning how his game translates to the collegiate level especially the power conference level, but it sounds like Kansas State and Mizzou don’t share my opinion. And at this point that discussion doesn’t matter since he will be skipping out of town for college.

11 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Can we stop referencing the whackos on tigerboard as a source?

In little bill I trust I will stop

Removed some names from the interest list due to commitments elsewhere or finalist lists that didn't include SLU: Darrin Ames, T.J. Power, Gehrig Normand, Keanu Dawes. I'm way behind on updates on the 2023 interest list and there are probably more to add/remove.

im wondering if the Ferguson kid that was the point guard at UIC and was the Althoff point guard with Goodwin might have had some influence in getting the attention of Rich.   just seems weird that Rich has hit it off with UIC

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

im wondering if the Ferguson kid that was the point guard at UIC and was the Althoff point guard with Goodwin might have had some influence in getting the attention of Rich.   just seems weird that Rich has hit it off with UIC

In his own words: “Coach Yak (Luke Yaklich) is the one recruiting me. They’re a very nice program with some great coaches. They say they love my game, and they definitely need me. I fit their style of play perfectly and could be a star player for them. I visit them September 16.”

Sounds like UIC is in the mix because they've put in the work on him. They're in Chicago, he's an Illinois kid, the head coach is prioritizing him and has been for a while, it's a style fit.

His comments aren't the most revealing because these things rarely are, but it seems like his top 5 has the schools that have worked the hardest. As @TheChosenOne said, the power conference schools still in the mix all seem to genuinely like him and aren't just stringing him along. They also have new staffs casting wider nets. The other two have just worked really hard for a long time.

Coach314 likes this

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

His teammate at East St. Louis, Christian Jones (former Mizzou commit), landed at UIC after Gates came in and cleared house.

4 hours ago, brianstl said:

Who was the player from the Jets that SLU signed out of high school?

jets as in the metro east aau team?

28 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Pat Leahy  played soccer at SLU, he made it to the NFL as a kicker, was on the NY Jets and I think the football Cardinals

One of the few people who could make that transition from Soccer to the NFL to the Senator from the great state of Vermont......