Recruiting - 2023

Pistol

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/3/2022 at 9:50 AM, Old guy said:

In my opinion, the truth about these lists is that recruitment is not done until the player commits and signs.

recruiting is done once a player drops a top 15 list imo

Compton likes this

It is really interesting to observe the reactions to a plain statement of obvious truth. This happens everywhere and in every area of discussion. Some people cannot even tolerate opinion, presented as opinion, that goes counter to their beliefs.

I am not making this up, go get a copy of Daniel Kahneman's "Thinking Fast and Slow." Sorry, it is not an easy read. Kahneman got the 2002 Nobel Prize in economics for his work in behavioral economics.

32 minutes ago, slu72 said:

And the Obvious Truth will set you more free, right? 

No, it is more likely to get you depressed or even really mad, but hey that is not my fault. I really mean this, get a copy of Kahneman's book and read it, it is not a page turner but you will learn a lot that is valuable from it.

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

It is really interesting to observe the reactions to a plain statement of obvious truth. This happens everywhere and in every area of discussion. Some people cannot even tolerate opinion, presented as opinion, that goes counter to their beliefs.

I am not making this up, go get a copy of Daniel Kahneman's "Thinking Fast and Slow." Sorry, it is not an easy read. Kahneman got the 2002 Nobel Prize in economics for his work in behavioral economics.

I don't think you're understanding the reactions. 

White Pelican likes this

6 hours ago, Old guy said:

That is a good read.. I enjoyed it.

42 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

For reference how often do we see guys post pics in SLU uniforms and they don’t commit? I can’t remember any but I know I’m probably overlooking somebody

I think it happened with Luke Kasubke and Davion Bradford before they committed to K State, but I could be wrong.

Need an ESPN College Gameday style show in front of Chaifetz for every home game. Guys at the desk should be Old Guy with his patented hot takes, Billiken Roy "Travis needs to use every player, full court press, run and gun the entire game" and Triangle and Too "Triangle bets that Too could get excited toonight (no, probably toomorrow) about this game...and so it goes..." Pathetic student body would be all over this, acting crazy in the background behind these guys...sellouts every night.

David King and willie like this

2 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Need an ESPN College Gameday style show in front of Chaifetz for every home game. Guys at the desk should be Old Guy with his patented hot takes, Billiken Roy "Travis needs to use every player, full court press, run and gun the entire game" and Triangle and Too "Triangle bets that Too could get excited toonight (no, probably toomorrow) about this game...and so it goes..." Pathetic student body would be all over this, acting crazy in the background behind these guys...sellouts every night.

what about the 5 minutes Yuri is out ?:)

Coach314 likes this

A blast from the past; Triangle and Too! Kind of miss him and his sure thing take it to the bank revelations , eg Brian Gregory is our new HC. Not that he was that accurate but that never stopped him from taking posting his wild ass guesses. Does anyone else think he still posts here but under a new moniker? Back in the day you couldn’t shut him up. Hard to figure he just quit cold turkey.