Recruiting - 2023

Pistol

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two more new interests:

Jarred Hall - G/F, 6-8, 190 - Lebanon, TN (Lebanon) - AAU: EAB Tennessee (Adidas 3SSB) - Twitter: @jarred_ha11
Offers: Florida, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, Memphis, Middle Tennessee State, Tennessee Tech, Tennessee State, Austin Peay, Jacksonville, Radford.

Interest: Saint Louis, Dayton, Loyola-Chicago, Massachusetts, Xavier, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Clemson, Ohio State, Illinois, Northwestern, Kentucky, Arkansas, Alabama, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Georgia, Kansas State, Cincinnati, Boise State, Utah State, South Florida, Murray State, SIU-Carbondale, Marshall, Old Dominion, Western Kentucky, Charlotte, Morehead State, Chattanooga, East Tennessee State, Western Carolina, Elon, Arkansas State, Appalachian State, South Alabama, Little Rock, North Alabama, Kansas City, Central Arkansas, Jacksonville State, Lipscomb, Liberty, North Carolina A&T, Alabama A&M.

Latest News: Hall received offers from Memphis and MTSU. (7/7/22)

Scouting Report: Hall is a long, athletic wing who scores on three levels. He's efficient. He's a matchup nightmare with the ability to play almost any position. He's a solid rebounder. He played football as a freshman and sophomore but stopped playing to focus on basketball, and credits football for helping him get stronger and more athletic.

Christian Hammond - PG, 6-3, 180 - Greenwood Village, CO (Southern California Academy, CA) - AAU: Utah Prospects (Adidas 3SSB) - Twitter: @jarred_ha11
Offers: TCU, Washington State, Wyoming, Denver, UC-Santa Barbara.

Interest: Saint Louis, Dayton, Loyola-Chicago, George Mason, George Washington, Xavier, Butler, Clemson, UCLA, Illinois, Georgia, Oklahoma State, Arizona State, Stanford, Colorado, Utah, Boise State, UNLV, New Mexico, SMU, Santa Clara, Missouri State, Princeton, Columbia, Rice, Northern Kentucky, Cleveland State, IUPUI, East Tennessee State, Holy Cross, Towson, Northeastern, Troy, South Alabama, Vermont, UMBC, Maine, UC-San Diego, Cal State-Bakersfield, Weber State, Montana State, Idaho, Northern Colorado, Liberty, Southern Utah, Utah Valley, Utah Tech, Seattle, Abilene Christian, McNeese State, Nicholls State, Howard.

Latest News: Hammond received an offer from UCSB. (7/7/22)

Scouting Report: Hammond is a competitive, tough, smart, skilled point guard who controls pace. He has excellent ball skills and passes extremely well. He's a consistent shot maker from outside but gets in the lane, where he often finishes with floaters. He originally planned to transfer from Cherry Creek HS (CO) to Colorado Prep for his junior year but stayed at Cherry Creek, where he also played QB for the football team, and will finish his HS career at Southern California Academy.

On 1/19/2022 at 3:30 PM, Pistol said:

Here's one of the six: 

So I'm editing my "not clear where we stand" to "SLU is heavily involved".

I see where Manning signed with TCU.

I remain skeptical of the emphasis on Texas recruiting. I hope my concerns are put to rest with some good results with the class of 2023.

willie and NextYearBill like this

New offer over the weekend:

Tyshawn Archie - PG, 6-1, 160 - Houston, TX (Paetow) - AAU: ProSkills (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @7yshawnn
Offers: Saint Louis, San Jose State, North Texas, Sam Houston State, Toledo, Mount St. Mary's.

Interest: VCU, Loyola-Chicago, Rhode Island, George Washington, Michigan, Minnesota, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Colorado State, UNLV, Wyoming, SMU, Tulsa, San Francisco, Murray State, SIU-Carbondale, Missouri State, Indiana State, Illinois State, Cornell, Old Dominion, Louisiana Tech, Rice, Marshall, Northern Illinois, IUPUI, Youngstown State, Southern Indiana, Chattanooga, East Tennessee State, Colgate, Lehigh, Army, Drexel, Louisiana, South Alabama, Rider, Stony Brook, South Dakota State, South Dakota, UC-Santa Barbara, Cal State-Fullerton, Cal State-Northridge, Florida Gulf Coast, Jacksonville, Liberty, Stephen F. Austin, California Baptist, Abilene Christian, Tarleton State, Utah Valley, Texas-Rio Grande Valley, Lamar, Texas A&M-Commerce, Incarnate Word, Longwood.

Latest News: Archie received an offer from SLU. (7/11/22)

Scouting Report: Archie is a quick, crafty, smart, high-scoring left-handed point guard who pressures opposing defenders with his ball skills. He's shifty off the bounce and makes plays for his teammates. He's a very good perimeter shooter with a quick release. He's speedy in transition and is a smooth finisher. He rebounds his position well. He picks up ball handlers early on defense. He transferred from C.E. King to Paetow for his final season.

On 6/29/2022 at 9:36 AM, billiken_roy said:

since my kids are out of school i dont follow the isha and their rules as much any longer so i dont know for sure but i would assume they are not the biggest class in football in illinois any longer.  

They are 6A in enrollment but play up in 7. 

12 minutes ago, ACE said:

I remain skeptical of the emphasis on Texas recruiting. I hope my concerns are put to rest with some good results with the class of 2023.

Committed, not signed.

We'll land a Texas player soon. I'm not worried about it.

16 minutes ago, ACE said:

Doesn't matter if we get turned down 10 times.  All you need is 1.

This is a demographic play.  The population of Texas is growing by leaps and bounds.  If we don't break into that market now, with our reputation on an upswing, we may never get in.

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Doesn't matter if we get turned down 10 times.  All you need is 1.

This is a demographic play.  The population of Texas is growing by leaps and bounds.  If we don't break into that market now, with our reputation on an upswing, we may never get in.

A ton of kids down there, but also a bunch of competition for those players too. Yes, if we keep making offers, the law of averages says we'll land one... but will it be a good one?  Ford and Forte  would absolutely be doing the right thing if they were at a place like Oklahoma State. But I think it's fair to question how effective this strategy will be here. We'd be the first successful A-10 program that I'm aware of to make Texas a key recruiting ground.  I'm just not convinced the A-10 would be very appealing to a lot of good players from Texas.

29 minutes ago, ACE said:

A ton of kids down there, but also a bunch of competition for those players too. Yes, if we keep making offers, the law of averages says we'll land one... but will it be a good one?  Ford and Forte  would absolutely be doing the right thing if they were at a place like Oklahoma State. But I think it's fair to question how effective this strategy will be here. We'd be the first successful A-10 program that I'm aware of to make Texas a key recruiting ground.  I'm just not convinced the A-10 would be very appealing to a lot of good players from Texas.

Roll the dice and if they come up in our favor, we'll have a recruiting advantage over our A10 brethren who don't have a pipeline to Texas.  If it doesn't work out we've lost nothing but time.  It's not like we've had a lot of success bringing in players from outside our region, never mind Texas.

CBFan likes this

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Roll the dice and if they come up in our favor, we'll have a recruiting advantage over our A10 brethren who don't have a pipeline to Texas.  If it doesn't work out we've lost nothing but time.  It's not like we've had a lot of success bringing in players from outside our region, never mind Texas.

French, Foreman, Jimmerson, Forrester - all players in the A-10 footprint. Also, the program has had it's share of success in the Chicago area over the years - landing Parker from near that area is hopefully an encouraging sign. And with Loyola now in the league - I'd like to see Chicago become a bigger priority again. I hope the new assistant has strong Chicago and/or East Coast ties. 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

French, Foreman, Jimmerson, Forrester - all players in the A-10 footprint. Also, the program has had it's share of success in the Chicago area over the years - landing Parker from near that area is hopefully an encouraging sign. And with Loyola now in the league - I'd like to see Chicago become a bigger priority again. I hope the new assistant has strong Chicago and/or East Coast ties. 

Two of those guys are transfers in.   We're talking about high school players -- which limits our high school out-of-region recruiting success to French and Jimerson, out of the dozens of players we've had under the Ford regime.

1 hour ago, ACE said:

I agree .Chicago seems like a natural to me and yes we have had some success there over the years. I hope they prove me wrong I don’t believe we will get a quality recruit out of Texas. 

We have talked extensively about NILs and how they are likely to affect recruiting of kids out of high schools, ie with the schools possessing abundant NIL sources going primarily after experienced players and the market for high school graduates shrinking. Under this kind of conditions it will become harder for high school graduating players to get taken by a good quality program. Therefore the conditions leading to SLU landing a quality recruit out of Texas, or anywhere else, may well improve as a result of the NILs.

8 hours ago, Old guy said:

We have talked extensively about NILs and how they are likely to affect recruiting of kids out of high schools, ie with the schools possessing abundant NIL sources going primarily after experienced players and the market for high school graduates shrinking. Under this kind of conditions it will become harder for high school graduating players to get taken by a good quality program. Therefore the conditions leading to SLU landing a quality recruit out of Texas, or anywhere else, may well improve as a result of the NILs.

Maybe. But if they do well the first year, better get them a great NIL deal or they’re gone.

16 hours ago, ACE said:

Did you post this before or after the Dalen Davis offer? Prescient.

I'll have a bio up within the next couple days. Thought he was on the interest list, but I guess not. I think I just run into his name a lot on Twitter because I follow some IL-side scouts/writers who cover Chicago a bit.

Other offers that I'll have bios up for soon: PG Cian Medley, C Anthony Robinson. I actually have one for Robinson but haven't updated it in a few months and he went from 0 to 15 offers in that time span.

Another new offer whose bio I first did a few days ago: 

Jarred Hall - G/F, 6-8, 190 - Lebanon, TN (Lebanon) - AAU: EAB Tennessee (Adidas 3SSB) - Twitter: @jarred_ha11
Offers: Saint Louis, Florida, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, Memphis, Middle Tennessee State, Tennessee Tech, Tennessee State, Austin Peay, Jacksonville, Radford.

Interest: Dayton, Loyola-Chicago, Massachusetts, Xavier, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Clemson, Ohio State, Illinois, Northwestern, Kentucky, Arkansas, Alabama, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Georgia, Kansas State, Cincinnati, Boise State, Utah State, South Florida, Murray State, SIU-Carbondale, Marshall, Old Dominion, Western Kentucky, Charlotte, Morehead State, Chattanooga, East Tennessee State, Western Carolina, Elon, Arkansas State, Appalachian State, South Alabama, Little Rock, North Alabama, Kansas City, Central Arkansas, Jacksonville State, Lipscomb, Liberty, North Carolina A&T, Alabama A&M.

Latest News: Hall received an offer from SLU. (7/12/22)

Scouting Report: Hall is a long, athletic wing who scores on three levels. He's efficient. He's a matchup nightmare with the ability to play almost any position. He's a solid rebounder. He played football as a freshman and sophomore but stopped playing to focus on basketball, and credits football for helping him get stronger and more athletic.

19 hours ago, ACE said:

I tend to agree with this in theory and think it emphasizes the need for an assistant coach that has roots in the Atlantic 10 footprint to give us a better balance on the staff. Ultimately Forte’s going to have relationships in Texas and Oklahoma, so I don’t think you pull him away, just think you target someone with those different ties to round out the coaching staff. I would note Finley Bizjack appeared to not be overly pursued by the power conference schools in the region and committed to Butler over Richmond, Utah, SMU (the local option for him), and us which emphasizes the amount of talent they have in Texas.

I really liked Bizjack and also like Gehrig Normand, Drew Steffe, and Parker Friedrichsen as white kids from Forte’s footprint who are kind of outside of the real elite recruiting ranking.

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

Did you post this before or after the Dalen Davis offer? Prescient.

I'll have a bio up within the next couple days. Thought he was on the interest list, but I guess not. I think I just run into his name a lot on Twitter because I follow some IL-side scouts/writers who cover Chicago a bit.

Ha, well I haven't really been that dialed in about each specific offer, but I was speaking in generalities. It's encouraging to see they are starting to hit the Chicago area. I suspect historically it has been our best recruiting market outside of St. Louis, and with Loyola coming on board, it makes perfect sense.

21 minutes ago, ACE said:

Ha, well I haven't really been that dialed in about each specific offer, but I was speaking in generalities. It's encouraging to see they are starting to hit the Chicago area. I suspect historically it has been our best recruiting market outside of St. Louis, and with Loyola coming on board, it makes perfect sense.

We've always recruited the Chicago high school market.  We offer between 2-4 kids a year, we just haven't landed anybody, outside of Demarius Jacobs, and that was after he went to prep school.