Recruiting - 2023

Pistol

1 minute ago, Cowboy II said:

-does having both CFord and Coach Forte there for this kid indicate he is a priority?

I would think so. Frank just mentioned on his show that Ford was supposed to be a guest on the show yesterday. He never called in and later apologized to Frank. His reasoning was that Forte called him that morning and told him that he needed him to fly to Dallas that day to meet an important recruit.

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I would think so. Frank just mentioned on his show that Ford was supposed to be a guest on the show yesterday. He never called in and later apologized to Frank. His reasoning was that Forte called him that morning and told him that he needed him to fly to Dallas that day to meet an important recruit.

To elaborate on @Cowboy II's question based on twitter activity it appears that Jamie Dixon (TCU HC) and Kadeem Richardson (Clemson AC) also wen to see Drew Steffe yesterday and Jason Kamp (Minnesota AC) visited a few days ago.  I'm guessing his HS had some open practices for recruiters to visit this week. 

Regardless, Ford (and Forte) showing up there seems like a big deal.  That's certainly more effort than Dixon driving 50 mins across the Metroplex or an AC showing up.  However, we aren't the only school after him / sending recruiters to watch him in person.

43 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I will always trust Coach Ford and the staff about recruiting, but as 3star has pointed out in other places, it seems like we're angling for an all guard team.

There are still 5 spots for 2023. I doubt we even use them all. Also, maybe Traore and Lorentson look really good this year. Who knows.

Had SLU interest but no offer. We were never really in it. Committed early to Louisville today.

Kaleb Glenn - SF, 6-6, 200 - Louisville, KY (Male) - AAU: Brad Beal Elite (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @ka1ebglenn
Offers: Louisville, Wake Forest, Indiana, West Virginia, Iowa State, Tennessee, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Arizona State, Cincinnati, Western Kentucky, Georgia Southern.

Interest: Saint Louis, Dayton, Xavier, Butler, Virginia, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Ohio State, Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern, Kansas, Texas Tech, Kentucky, LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, UCLA, Oregon, Arizona, Utah, Memphis, Tulsa, East Carolina, Murray State, Eastern Kentucky, Valparaiso, Illinois State, Ohio, Toledo, Bowling Green, Ball State, Furman, Southeastern Louisiana, Bellarmine, Stetson, Lipscomb, Liberty, Morgan State.

Latest News: Glenn has upcoming visits to Indiana, Louisville, Texas A&M. (8/13/21)

Scouting Report: Glenn is a broadly built wing with high-level athleticism. He can take bigs off the dribble, shoots from the perimeter, and punishes smaller defenders in the post. He attacks the rim and is an explosive finisher. He's a strong rebounder at both ends and is a very tough defender. He's a relentless worker. His parents went to Louisville, where his dad played football. Rankings: Rivals - 66, Prep Hoops - 78, 247Sports - 44, Future150 - 45.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 1:25 PM, 3star_recruit said:

Brock Harding, Quad Cities player of the year, is stopping by for a visit today.  Averaged 16.5 points, 3.8 rebounds an eye-popping 8.1 assists for Moline.  Only low major offers so far - SEMO, Purdue Fort Wayne, Radford, Western Illinois -- but P6 schools are tracking his progress.

Reminds me a lot of Ernie DiGregorio. Saw Ernie team with Marvin Barnes when Providence advanced to the ‘73 Final Four. What a dynamic duo those two were.

10 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I would assume this means PG Jeremiah Johnson was in for a visit.

After doing some research, it seems that Jeremiah was one of the top 2 players in Oklahoma and a top 100 recruit with a lot of offers from major programs until he was shot last year, ending his basketball season. It appears he is recovering and is back on the court, but I wonder if some of these programs have backed off until he shows he’s back to 100%.

Pistol likes this