Recruiting - 2023

Pistol

Nicholson was a top-25 2023 player coming into HS and had an up-and-down freshman season at Hazelwood Central. Freshman season on varsity, that is - just had sky-high expectations for such a touted freshman. If he's going to be producing more than Nesbitt already at STLCA, look out. I didn't realize he could shoot like that.

BilliesBy40 likes this

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Nicholson was a top-25 2023 player coming into HS and had an up-and-down freshman season at Hazelwood Central. Freshman season on varsity, that is - just had sky-high expectations for such a touted freshman. If he's going to be producing more than Nesbitt already at STLCA, look out. I didn't realize he could shoot like that.

There was a lot of talent wasted on Hazelwood Central last year.  If it happens again, then I suspect it's a coaching issue.  Using a kid with Harden-like skills as a spot up jump shooter was a head scratcher to me.

22 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

There was a lot of talent wasted on Hazelwood Central last year.  If it happens again, then I suspect it's a coaching issue.  Using a kid with Harden-like skills as a spot up jump shooter was a head scratcher to me.

Yeah..there were a few unhappy players on that team last year 

22 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Waste of talent has been the track record for Central for 30 years.

On 11/15/2020 at 6:12 PM, bauman said:

I'd call it B S, not big time.  No way Nesbitt is a 1st rd NBA draft chioce.  I'd like to be in the room when the Draft is completed and Nesbitt walks into Penny's office.  Maybe even earlier than that when he doesn't even start at Pennyville next year.

Memphis has two likely going in the first round this year. I think that’s what they’re referring to. 

19 minutes ago, hmart23 said:

Memphis has two likely going in the first round this year. I think that’s what they’re referring to. 

Actually it's this year's draft:  James Wiseman will go top 5 and Precious Achiuwa is expected to go by the end of the 1st round.  And Moussa Cisse, the 5 star center who came in this year, is expected to be a one-and-done as well.

Unfortunately, Shaka Smart at Texas has already proven the effectiveness of this model.  Recruit one-and-doners and point to that as evidence to four-star players that you "get guys to the league."  Winning games is secondary.

3 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Actually it's this year's draft:  James Wiseman will go top 5 and Precious Achiuwa is expected to go by the end of the 1st round.  And Moussa Cisse, the 5 star center who came in this year, is expected to be a one-and-done as well.

Unfortunately, Shaka Smart at Texas has already proven the effectiveness of this model.  Recruit one-and-doners and point to that as evidence to four-star players that you "get guys to the league."  Winning games is secondary.

That’s what I was referring to

3star_recruit likes this

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, brianstl said:

Kaleb Glenn 6'6 SF Louisville Male

Brad Beal Elite is the primary connection, and the fact he's from Ford's home state. He's got a college body already and a ton of athleticism. He has 5-star potential and Kentucky and Louisville have taken notice, though neither has offered yet. His parents went to Louisville and his dad was a football player there. No surprise, as one scout said Kaleb looks like an NFL draft first round WR. I think becoming a serious contender here is a tall order.

Kaleb Glenn - SF, 6-6, 200 - Louisville, KY (Male) - AAU: Brad Beal Elite - Twitter: @ka1ebglenn
Offers: West Virginia, Iowa State, Cincinnati, Western Kentucky, Georgia Southern.

Interest: Saint Louis, Dayton, Xavier, Butler, Louisville, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Ohio State, Indiana, Purdue, Northwestern, Kansas, Kentucky, LSU, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, Oregon, Arizona, Memphis, Tulsa, East Carolina, Murray State, Eastern Kentucky, Valparaiso, Illinois State, Ohio, Toledo, Bowling Green, Ball State, Furman, Southeastern Louisiana, Bellarmine, Stetson.

Latest News: Glenn's season is just getting started, as restrictions were lifted by Jefferson County Public Schools. (2/5/21)

Scouting Report: Glenn is a broadly built wing with high-level athleticism. He can take bigs off the dribble, shoots from the perimeter, and punishes smaller defenders in the post. He attacks the rim and is an explosive finisher. He's a strong rebounder at both ends and is a very tough defender. He's a relentless worker. His parents went to Louisville, where his dad played football. Rankings: Prep Hoops - 128, 247Sports - 43.

brianstl likes this

23 hours ago, Pistol said:

Brad Beal Elite is the primary connection, and the fact he's from Ford's home state. He's got a college body already and a ton of athleticism. He has 5-star potential and Kentucky and Louisville have taken notice, though neither has offered yet. His parents went to Louisville and his dad was a football player there. No surprise, as one scout said Kaleb looks like an NFL draft first round WR. I think becoming a serious contender here is a tall order.

Kaleb Glenn - SF, 6-6, 200 - Louisville, KY (Male) - AAU: Brad Beal Elite - Twitter: @ka1ebglenn
Offers: West Virginia, Iowa State, Cincinnati, Western Kentucky, Georgia Southern.

Interest: Saint Louis, Dayton, Xavier, Butler, Louisville, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Ohio State, Indiana, Purdue, Northwestern, Kansas, Kentucky, LSU, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, Oregon, Arizona, Memphis, Tulsa, East Carolina, Murray State, Eastern Kentucky, Valparaiso, Illinois State, Ohio, Toledo, Bowling Green, Ball State, Furman, Southeastern Louisiana, Bellarmine, Stetson.

Latest News: Glenn's season is just getting started, as restrictions were lifted by Jefferson County Public Schools. (2/5/21)

Scouting Report: Glenn is a broadly built wing with high-level athleticism. He can take bigs off the dribble, shoots from the perimeter, and punishes smaller defenders in the post. He attacks the rim and is an explosive finisher. He's a strong rebounder at both ends and is a very tough defender. He's a relentless worker. His parents went to Louisville, where his dad played football. Rankings: Prep Hoops - 128, 247Sports - 43.

With that build, Glenn will get the benefit of the doubt from recruiting gurus for at least the next year.  But if the majority of his points continue to come within 5 feet, that top 50 ranking will drop.  He will be seen as more of a power forward.  In any case, I don't see anyone but a blue-blood beating out Louisville for a local 4 star recruit.

The 2023 class in Kentucky is deep.  I expect a couple of kids to get offers from us when all is said and done.

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2021 at 4:42 PM, courtside said:

SLU has reached out to Adewale, who I'm adding to the 2023 interest list.

Sultan Adewale - F, 6-8, 205 - London, United Kingdom (St. Louis Christian Academy, MO) - Twitter: @SultanAdewale12
Offers: None.

Interest: Saint Louis, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Illinois, Purdue, Missouri, Memphis, Murray State, UC-Santa Barbara, UMBC, Montana State.

Latest News: Adewale was named the Grind Session's National Underrated Player of the Year. (3/25/21)

Scouting Report: Adewale is a long, skilled forward who does a little bit of everything. He finishes around and above the rim, he can shoot it from the perimeter, he runs the floor, he rebounds both ends well, and he blocks shots. He's strong and plays with a high motor. He made the move from the UK to STLCA prior to his sophomore year.

20 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Sultan Adewale - F, 6-8, 205 - London, United Kingdom (St. Louis Christian Academy, MO) - Twitter: @SultanAdewale12

Interest: Saint Louis, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Illinois, Purdue, Missouri, Memphis, Murray State, UC-Santa Barbara, UMBC, Montana State.

Latest News: Adewale was named the Grind Session's National Underrated Player of the Year. (3/25/21)

Scouting Report: Adewale is a long, skilled forward who does a little bit of everything. He finishes around and above the rim, he can shoot it from the perimeter, he runs the floor, he rebounds both ends well, and he blocks shots. He's strong and plays with a high motor. He made the move from the UK to STLCA prior to his sophomore year.

-sounds like a player

-Box would be all over this one

43 minutes ago, Pistol said:

The Sultan of Swat. Breaks French's block record in 71 games. 

or The Sultan of Swish shooting 51.2% from 3 on 11 attempts per game and 62.4 from 2

3 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-sounds like a player

-Box would be all over this one

Oh man, it's great.  Priority recruit.

Maybe I should start tracking my all-name guys once they get to college.  I bet there is a strong correlation between production and cool names.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kennard Davis at Vashon is gonna be top 150 when it's all said and done if you ask me. He's the best 2023 in St. Louis right now.

Cameron Stovall is another 2023 at Vashon with a high ceiling. He's 6'5, athletic, and has a good skillset already. He's continuing to learn the game and gain confidence.

Sultan Adewale plays with Mokan now, give him another year and he'll be big-time. 

Coach314, Pistol and thetorch like this

35 minutes ago, seanwest said:

Kennard Davis at Vashon is gonna be top 150 when it's all said and done if you ask me. He's the best 2023 in St. Louis right now.

Cameron Stovall is another 2023 at Vashon with a high ceiling. He's 6'5, athletic, and has a good skillset already. He's continuing to learn the game and gain confidence.

Sultan Adewale plays with Mokan now, give him another year and he'll be big-time. 

Welcome, Sean! Sean is a good Twitter follow for those who don’t follow already

thetorch likes this

22 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

what kind of mother names their child "Jizzle"?  he better be good at basketball because i cant see society taking "Jizzle" very serious his entire life.   for example, i just dont see "President Jizzle"    or "Doctor Jizzle" working out.  

11 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

what kind of mother names their child "Jizzle"?  he better be good at basketball because i cant see society taking "Jizzle" very serious his entire life.   for example, i just dont see "President Jizzle"    or "Doctor Jizzle" working out.  

That is what they said about the name Gisele, and look at how far she has gone.