Saint Louis checks in at #93

Around the league top 100's

VCU #73

UD #79

Saint Joes # 84

Davidson #91

Rhody #94

GW # 97

Interesting.  I can't see the link because it is paywalled, but I assume this is the average ranking since 1997.

I would have guessed with all of the bad/mediocre Soderberg years and the Crews debacle we would be lower. 

8 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Just out of curiosity, anyone know if we've made more dances in the above time frame than UD and St Joes? 

We've made it 6 times. 

St. Joe's has also made it 6 times. Dayton has made it 8 times. Purnell made it twice, Gregory made it twice and Miller made it 4 straight.

25 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

U of I at 23 is absolutely insane. 

Would have to compare to others below them and find a team or teams that have better results since 1997. It is certainly top heavy for them. The data includes, Kruger, Self, Weber, where most of their success has been obtained. Overall since 1997, 13 NCAA’s, 19 NCAA wins, a National Title game, an elite 8, and 5 regular season Big Ten titles. Just looking at it I would say Illinois has had better results than Indiana, who was 18. At first glance many seem reasonable. 

I believe 14 Catholic schools were ahead of SLU. 

-interesting analysis

-of the top 25, there are 9 schools (duke, UK, KU, AZ. Mich ST, Nova, Syr, Wisc, X) that kept their Worst ranking below 100 and of those ranked 26-50 only one (OK St) had this, something to be said for consistency and not falling off the cliff like we did

-Utah and St Mary's are the only schools ranked higher (better) than us with a lower (bad) Worst mark

-Memphis at 22 was also a surprise to me

• 2 weeks later...