ESPNU

slu72

On 8/9/2019 at 4:34 PM, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Former:

Directv (with HBO) and internet through AT&T - $110

Hulu - $14

Netflix - $15

Total - $139 with an increase to $152 during basketball season to add the package that included CBSSN.

Current:

Internet through AT&T (probably switching to Charter soon) - $45

Hulu + Hulu Live - $50

Netflix - $15

HBO (through Prime) - $15

Total - $125 which includes CBSSN and FS2 (via Hulu Live). Don't have to worry about my signal going out during storms. No more cable box. Maybe the most valuable component of "cutting the cord"  (for me at least) is not having to deal with customer service or having to go through the song and dance everyone goes through when your contract is up or when they jack up the price. Not having to commit to a multi year contract,...another benefit. 

I checked Hulu site yesterday for their lineup: FS 1&2 and NBC Sports were listed but not CBSSN. I was planning on going with your plan in October but am concerned about them not listing CBSSN as we got so many games on there last season. Not doubting your post, just a little confused as to why it wasn't listed. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t have much detail on this, but when I was at the AT&T store the other day finding out my house is finally eligible for faster internet, I was told that AT&T is releasing a new streaming service soon in several markets, STL being one of them. I think the guy said announcement or release this Saturday. From what I read, it’s called AT&T TV, not to be confused with DirecTV Now/AT&T TV Now. It’s somethi different. Speculation is that it is intended to be a less expensive eventual replacement to DirecTV, without a dish, which will cut down on maintenance costs.

I figure that I’ll see how that looks and then likely try that or YouTube TV or Hulu Live TV.

2 hours ago, slu72 said:

I checked Hulu site yesterday for their lineup: FS 1&2 and NBC Sports were listed but not CBSSN. I was planning on going with your plan in October but am concerned about them not listing CBSSN as we got so many games on there last season. Not doubting your post, just a little confused as to why it wasn't listed. 

That's weird. When I go to Hulu's website and type in my zip code, these are the channels that are included. Mine shows CBSSN but I'll check when I get home this afternoon:

image.thumb.png.0884700cad4300a4aac13c59e46c5945.png

30 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

That's weird. When I go to Hulu's website and type in my zip code, these are the channels that are included. Mine shows CBSSN but I'll check when I get home this afternoon:

Your right. I double checked. However, because I live in the South they didn't list FSMW. Just FS1 and 2. I still like your plan, so I may downgrade my Uverse TV pkg and just add their sports pckg in Oct to get FSMW which is included. 

5 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I don’t have much detail on this, but when I was at the AT&T store the other day finding out my house is finally eligible for faster internet, I was told that AT&T is releasing a new streaming service soon in several markets, STL being one of them. I think the guy said announcement or release this Saturday. From what I read, it’s called AT&T TV, not to be confused with DirecTV Now/AT&T TV Now. It’s somethi different. Speculation is that it is intended to be a less expensive eventual replacement to DirecTV, without a dish, which will cut down on maintenance costs.

I figure that I’ll see how that looks and then likely try that or YouTube TV or Hulu Live TV.

A local retailer told me that they are getting up to speed this week with AT&T TV. I have a few local Dish accounts that I am switching. This particular retailer also sells to Spectrum. I can get DirecTV deal slightly less expensive through the local retailer than directly through AT&T. Not much, $10-15. Local retailer seemed much more interested in selling Spectrum and/or AT&T TV than DirecTV. Though any were fine. He even asked me to wait until he and his staff finished some seminars this week about AT&T TV to see what he could offer with that. 

DirecTV by itself offer is $50 plus tax for Choice. It includes HBO for a year, all other movie channels for 3 moths, NFL Sunday Ticket for a year.  Adding internet is plus $40 to the $50. 

(DirecTV does not have Pac 12 Network. Dish has it on basic tiers even out of market. But they do have the new ACC Network.)

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-the women's soccer game at Notre Dame next week is listed as being on ACC Network Extra so I guess this is an on-line option

YouTubeTV, Hulu, Sling, Playstation Vue, will have ACC Network at launch. Otherwise for TV providers, DirecTV will have it as well as Verizon Fios. At launch, Dish, Comcast, Spectrum/Charter will not have it. In the past deals were slow at launch. However with success of SEC Network etc...expectations are higher now from consumers to carry these products close to launch. Being owned by ESPN, it won’t take too long for these deals to happen. Millions and millions of people in ACC markets that have these providers will not be getting it it at launch. 

3 hours ago, courtside said:

A local retailer told me that they are getting up to speed this week with AT&T TV. I have a few local Dish accounts that I am switching. This particular retailer also sells to Spectrum. I can get DirecTV deal slightly less expensive through the local retailer than directly through AT&T. Not much, $10-15. Local retailer seemed much more interested in selling Spectrum and/or AT&T TV than DirecTV. Though any were fine. He even asked me to wait until he and his staff finished some seminars this week about AT&T TV to see what he could offer with that. 

DirecTV by itself offer is $50 plus tax for Choice. It includes HBO for a year, all other movie channels for 3 moths, NFL Sunday Ticket for a year.  Adding internet is plus $40 to the $50. 

(DirecTV does not have Pac 12 Network. Dish has it on basic tiers even out of market. But they do have the new ACC Network.)

Yeah, I have the DirecTV Choice package, but have had it for a few years, so they won’t give me the promo pricing. Tried to suggest that I’d drop it and switch to streaming once the new internet got installed, but no response. Very curious about the AT&T TV option, so will see what the word is there. 

Charter just signed a new deal with Disney. They will add the ACC network, plus it appears there might be some kind of bundle available with ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu at some point through Charter.  That could could be something that gets me back to cable if the price is right.  If you can get something that gets you all the ESPNs, ESPN+, the movies/series from all the studios under the Disney’s umbrella, live Hulu and bundle it with your broadband.... that could be a game changer for me. I would be fine without all the other channels.

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Charter just signed a new deal with Disney. They will add the ACC network, plus it appears there might be some kind of bundle available with ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu at some point through Charter.  That could could be something that gets me back to cable if the price is right.  If you can get something that gets you all the ESPNs, ESPN+, the movies/series from all the studios under the Disney’s umbrella, live Hulu and bundle it with your broadband.... that could be a game changer for me. I would be fine without all the other channels.

Actually, I would still need Fox Sports Midwest. I think that will probably become available soon if you just want to get it as a streaming device.  Sinclair recently bought that and 20 other regional nets. Thought is the will try to bundle those with Sinclair’s existing Stadium as a pay streaming service.

On 8/13/2019 at 10:13 AM, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Dumb question but do you have to live in the Midwest to get Fox sports Midwest??

43 minutes ago, Cincybill said:

Dumb question but do you have to live in the Midwest to get Fox sports Midwest??

Not sure but I know my son when he lived out of town he got all the local sports teams through MLB and NFL networks.  I know this is not exactly what you are asking but there is always more than one way to skin a cat.

Cincybill likes this

20 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Not sure but I know my son when he lived out of town he got all the local sports teams through MLB and NFL networks.  I know this is not exactly what you are asking but there is always more than one way to skin a cat.

I mean that pretty much answers the questions thank you. I have DirecTV and can watch all the games through the sports package but didn't know if switching to Hulu would give the same opportunity or if it's just regional.

1 hour ago, Cincybill said:

I'm not sure about that but I  would think you would be able to pay extra for FSMW if you do not live in the St. Louis area.