Jon Gordon on Campus

Bills10s

12 minutes ago, Bills10s said:

Jon is on campus today speaking to the athletics department. He is an incredible speaker and motivator. If you ever get a chance to hear him in person it’s a must see. He was just at Clemson speaking to the football team. 

Sorry for my ignorance but who in the hell is Jon Gordon? 

2 hours ago, dlarry said:

https://www.northborderbasketball.ca/roster_players/33116905

DSC08608_medium.jpg

I like the Canadian Jon Gordon a little more but I think he is more an OVC level recruit.

Id pass on both Jon Gordons.

Are you sure that is the right picture?   Picture looks like Jimmy Bell prior to the weight loss?😂

35 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Are you sure that is the right picture?   Picture looks like Jimmy Bell prior to the weight loss?😂

I think this guy could help. He is definitely  a big boy.

He reminds me of the “BIg O” Oliver Miller.

oliver-miller-basketball-players-photo-u

8 hours ago, courtside said:

He definitely makes the rounds. He has a big following. Full SLU coaching staffs tonight. Clemson Tiger Football, (8 years in a row) Cleveland Browns, L.A. Rams last week. Toronto Raptors, Virginia men’s hoops prior to that. 

195D6591-D185-446A-AE27-426ADFDBFB02.jpeg

So what is he? The Tony Robbins for coaching staffs.

I am sure he does not come cheap.

9 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

So what is he? The Tony Robbins for coaching staffs.

I am sure he does not come cheap.

He is a high energy, rah rah ultra positive motivational speaker, author, trainer. Overcoming obstacles with positive energy approach etc..He seems to be more of positive/likable/relatable version of a Tony Robbins from what I can see.  You’d be surprised how many people in high places in the sports world that are big fans. He speaks and works with teams, not just coaching staffs. He has several books, interactive training program and gives speeches. This time of year is camp time for football college and pro. So that’s where he will be spending his time.  But he also does other pro and college sports, corporate business etc...whether people like him or not, he does have a big following right now.  

38E9F02E-AAED-4AC6-BED2-E7AD70D18901.jpeg

9E893772-8643-421C-92C7-DA949C82BE9F.jpeg

14 hours ago, courtside said:

He definitely makes the rounds. He has a big following. Full SLU coaching staffs tonight. Clemson Tiger Football, (8 years in a row) Cleveland Browns, L.A. Rams last week. Toronto Raptors, Virginia men’s hoops prior to that. 

195D6591-D185-446A-AE27-426ADFDBFB02.jpeg

The coaching staff gets some great gear that Nike doesn't make available to the general public for whatever reason.  I would buy the Nike jacket he's wearing in this photo.  

2 hours ago, Bills_06 said:

Where did he wear a Rams shirt in StL?  The pic with a rams shirt on above is with the Rams head coach so guessing that was in LA.  Looks like he wears shirt of team he is talking to.  

Fair enough - I made an assumption that apparently was wrong.

I'm not doubting you (I'm just an MBM) but who decides who is the "leading speaker" for college and pro sports? And are there a bunch of them out there? Is this why the Billikens have been so bereft of big success? Never hired a leading speaker before?

More importantly, does he have a speech to improve free throw shooting?

These experts are experts in motivation and feeling good. I agree it is better when the team and the coaches are motivated and feeling good. However, there is no direct relationship between learning how to do certain plays, having better FT results, or dunking and feeling good about yourselves.

It must be understood that the armed forces have what may be considered the opposite approach at making fat soft civilians into proper soldiers. The recruits are yelled at and made to exercise and work at boot camp until they are so exhausted that they cannot do much else. The US does produce soldiers capable of fighting and winning. There is no "feeling good" lectures as part of the training they receive.