Which OOC program (not named SIUC) would you like to see SLU develop a rivalry with ?

19 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The results of the SLU-K State games since Weber arrived at KSU haven't changed the decision of a single recruit.  The kids that have gone to K State were never going to go SLU for one reason or another.

to this point, yes. Doesnt mean will never happen, especially if this were to be a common occurrence

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Bills71 said:

Marquette, Creighton, Xavier, almost anyone BE, but not DePaul, yet. I have no desire to welcome Cartere to our home ever again.

I understand your perspective as a resident of North Carolina (unless "NC" stands for North County?), but I would love a Chicago trip every other fall to play a BE opponent. 

Don't think you have to worry about welcoming Gordon to our home...

My order of preference for a H/H with a BE opponent would probably be:

1) Marquette 

2) Xavier

3) DePual

40 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The results of the SLU-K State games since Weber arrived at KSU haven't changed the decision of a single recruit.  The kids that have gone to K State were never going to go SLU for one reason or another.

Basically we're getting the kids who are more comfortable in an urban environment. The county kids or kids who are looking for a more traditional college environment go elsewhere.

Old guy likes this

3 hours ago, Box and Won said:

SIU is good from a longevity standpoint.  I can't remember ever not playing them, and I think it's good to keep that series going.  I wouldn't mind playing Bradley too - they can take the place of our the SMS game we used to play every year.

Schedule Bradley, SIU, and sms every year and it will be like being in the Valley. No need to join it! A perfect plan. 

5 minutes ago, FatherB said:

MU. 

marquette or mizzou

I hate black and gold.   It should be forbidden wear at chaifetz.   

Besides we have nothing to gain with subpar programs like these two.

bauman likes this

Nothing pisses me off more than seeing people in mizzou gear at chaifetz.  I could understand it if we were playing them there and represent, but I'm not going to your crappy facility in December for some buy game wearing Billikens garb.  If you want to come and enjoy a game at our place buy some blue.

1 hour ago, Band Legend said:

Nothing pisses me off more than seeing people in mizzou gear at chaifetz.  I could understand it if we were playing them there and represent, but I'm not going to your crappy facility in December for some buy game wearing Billikens garb.  If you want to come and enjoy a game at our place buy some blue.

+1

while we’re at it, stop wearing red cardinals stuff, blues and old rams stuff will work 

rgbilliken likes this

8 hours ago, wgstl said:

+1

while we’re at it, stop wearing red cardinals stuff, blues and old rams stuff will work 

no rams and blues does not work.   spend $20 and buy a GD blue Billiken t-shirt.

15 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

no rams and blues does not work.   spend $20 and buy a GD blue Billiken t-shirt.

Based on how many people flat out where the wrong color, I’m fine with it ..

Until we sell out every game all are welcome no matter what they are wearing.

SLU_Lax likes this

31 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I dont care if they wear black, purple or green, its just the red that stands out so damn much in person or on tv.   On top of that we always play quite a few red teams every year, which makes the cardinals stuff even worst. 

37 minutes ago, CBFan said:

CBFan,

I agree that they should come and spend their money- I've never confronted one of the mizzlosers and told them to get out.  I'm just saying it irritates the crap out of me.

SLU_Lax and billiken_roy like this

19 minutes ago, Band Legend said:

CBFan,

I agree that they should come and spend their money- I've never confronted one of the mizzlosers and told them to get out.  I'm just saying it irritates the crap out of me.

exactly.   i think every time i see a non-blue wearer at our games, now someone likely gave you the tickets or brought you to the game.  why didnt they tell you to wear billiken wear?   

but back to the original premise.   those showing up in their mi$$ouri wear.   GTFO!  they are the same JO's at half time are standing in the hallway talking about the last tiger$ game rather than the first half of the game they are at.  yeah they might drink a beer or two.  but other than that $15 and occupying a seat, they arent contributing fans imo. 

11 hours ago, wgstl said:

+1

I'll wear my red cardinals hat, one of the biggest reasons I support the Bills is they're in my city - which the red STL represents.

I don't think anyone I know would be about to question my commitment....

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

but other than that $15 and occupying a seat, they arent contributing fans imo. 

FWIW, I don't think a fan has to contribute. It is in their right to fill a seat and watch a game quietly. It is only when they complain about the more active fans is where I have a problem.

CBFan and dlarry like this

2 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

I'll wear my red cardinals hat, one of the biggest reasons I support the Bills is they're in my city - which the red STL represents.

I don't think anyone I know would be about to question my commitment....

small things like a hat are no problem.  Heck a red tshirt wouldn't even be an issue.  Its just that its cold during basketball season so you see big ole red sweatshirts.  And again, its not like im nagging this much over one or two, you could spend all game counting the amount of cardinals jackets or sweatshirts being worn inside 

billiken_roy likes this

2 hours ago, Band Legend said:

CBFan,

I agree with yours and Roy’s feelings and I did not think anyone was confronting any fan on what they are wearing.

My hope is that Chaifetz is sold out for most of the games and those fair weather fans will probably not wear blue but I want the sellouts first then the sea of blue.