D3 Baseball Stadium Example

29 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I’m but honestly what’s the draw other than maybe the bronze boot game? I don’t think there’s reason to pay rent when you have a Stadium on campus. 

Better facilities...better place to draw new recruits... possible partnership w local MLS group. Herman  Stadium is not the top facility in the D1 soccer  

41 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

We should be working towards making it a top facility and not giving up and playing off campus 

I guess we could do both?  I dont think it would hurt getting recruits if they knew maybe 2 or 3 games a year would be played at a brand new MLS stadium, maybe all the big match ups?

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

I guess we could do both?  I dont think it would hurt getting recruits if they knew maybe 2 or 3 games a year would be played at a brand new MLS stadium, maybe all the big match ups?

I don't think kids want to play in building that building that would look empty with 4,000 fans.

Littlebill likes this

16 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I don't think kids want to play in building that building that would look empty with 4,000 fans.

we would have to spend a ridiculous amount to get the facilities on campus in which the MLS stadium would have.  The players would absolutely trade a game or two of 25% capacity for what would be one of the best stadiums in the country.  Id be shocked if they didnt think so. 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

we would have to spend a ridiculous amount to get the facilities on campus in which the MLS stadium would have.  The players would absolutely trade a game or two of 25% capacity for what would be one of the best stadiums in the country.  Id be shocked if they didnt think so. 

I can almost guarantee that the only time we’ll ever play in that stadium are friendlies against STLFC or Bronze Boot.

3 hours ago, wgstl said:

Sure was fun playing Illinois in the Dome that one season

I think what a lot of the baseball supporters on this site ask for is actually pretty rational. You can create pretty dynamic and good looking baseball stadiums for reasonable costs these days. A sturdy red brick facade that matches the style of the Chaifetz is not a massive capital project. No one is asking to build something like what Arkansas or Texas play in. 

Take a look at Campbell's stadium (Go Fightin' Camels!). Its essentially bricked in bleachers, but it looks tremendously more aesthetically appealing than what our boys play in. 

Jim Perry Stadium (15).jpg

10 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

I think what a lot of the baseball supporters on this site ask for is actually pretty rational. You can create pretty dynamic and good looking baseball stadiums for reasonable costs these days. A sturdy red brick facade that matches the style of the Chaifetz is not a massive capital project. No one is asking to build something like what Arkansas or Texas play in. 

Take a look at Campbell's stadium (Go Fightin' Camels!). Its essentially bricked in bleachers, but it looks tremendously more aesthetically appealing than what our boys play in. 

Jim Perry Stadium (15).jpg

This is the sh*t I'm talking about.

DirtyRican likes this

15 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

This is the sh*t I'm talking about.

Yeah, man. There are a lot of solutions out there. Look at little ol Wofford. You have control over how many seats you put in there. You can make it looked packed. Wofford's stadium only has 1,000 seats and it looks like a great crowd. 

Wofford 2.jpg

Wofford.jpg

4 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

Yeah, man. There are a lot of solutions out there. Look at little ol Wofford. You have control over how many seats you put in there. You can make it looked packed. Wofford's stadium only has 1,000 seats and it looks like a great crowd. 

Wofford 2.jpg

Wofford.jpg

There are a handful of former Cardinals that have sons who have played here. I don't understand why we can't hit them up for cash.

16 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

There are a handful of former Cardinals that have sons who have played here. I don't understand why we can't hit them up for cash.

According to wikipedia, Bill DeWitt III wife went to SLU.  Wonder if they have been hit up for donations.