Fetz - new lighting

I saw on LinkedIn that a local electrical contractor started the Chaifetz Arena lighting replacement project today. I am sure the new lighting will be great but I think the sound system needed upgrading before the lighting.

0.thumb.jpeg.a34c5627eddd666e6ef9974ced7ba940.jpeg

There are a lot of grants right now for facilities like Chaifetz to convert to LED lightning. I am totally assuming that is what kind of lighting they are installing there. Depending on the type of system, there is an opportunity to do some cool stuff with those kind of lights. 

I am not sure about the expected life span of LED lights for Arenas and the like, but they should save some money and produce less heat than sodium lights and other types of floodlights. If you get better lights and save money in the process this is good.

11 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I am not sure about the expected life span of LED lights for Arenas and the like, but they should save some money and produce less heat than sodium lights and other types of floodlights. If you get better lights and save money in the process this is good.

LEDs last a loooooong time.

Sodium lights aren't used indoors much, are they?

• 5 months later...

-last night I heard a couple people sitting around me voice a similar displeasure as one of mine and that is what they, and I, consider the vast under-utilization of our video boards, it seems like during the game the boards show the game, that is fine as during the game I am watching the game, but there are so few highlights and I will say never a controversial call replayed, judging by reactions I see when watching games on tv or when at road games this is not an NCAA decision on what to show or not show but decision made by SLU, just like keeping Gus, who was not there last night, not providing the best experience for the fans

On 7/15/2019 at 2:38 PM, JMM28 said:

There are a lot of grants right now for facilities like Chaifetz to convert to LED lightning. I am totally assuming that is what kind of lighting they are installing there. Depending on the type of system, there is an opportunity to do some cool stuff with those kind of lights. 

I would think this is needed for the shows they bring in.  Those shows bring their own sound systems in so apparently upgrading that is not as high priority.

My issue is the sound level - it’s up a lot this year - use fingers in my ears often but am ready for earplugs going forward.  Of course a lot of fans already have damaged hearing from what they’ve been exposed to all the time, so they need the extra volume... 🤔

5 hours ago, Major Majerus said:

My issue is the sound level - it’s up a lot this year - use fingers in my ears often but am ready for earplugs going forward.  Of course a lot of fans already have damaged hearing from what they’ve been exposed to all the time, so they need the extra volume... 🤔

Act your age. You should have hearing aids by now. 

17 hours ago, Major Majerus said:

I completely disagree. The music in general is entirely too quiet. 

31 minutes ago, Major Majerus said:

Talk to Billiken 05 - he clearly has a hearing loss 😃 - but you’ll have to speak up

My ears are fine, however the presentation at games especially music and PA(less technical more guy Phillips problem) really is kinda lame. The intro music(and music throughout) is too low, it should be loud and impossible to ignore and I feel like they could do more with the new lights for intros(at least I don’t notice it if they do)

On 1/10/2020 at 4:03 PM, Major Majerus said:

Agree.