BenFred to the rescue

1 hour ago, Billikenswin said:

Yuri is a much better outside shooter than most on this board seem to believe. He is not a sniper like Jimerson, who in the practice I watched seemed to hit 70-80 percent on three pointers. That young man can really shoot but Yuri seemed to make a good percentage--maybe 40 percent from 3 and much better from the midrange. Go Bills

You, my fine sir, have now earned a reserved seat in the first class club car on the Yuri Express. While, B'roy and Taj Mahal 79 are still riding in the livestock car. With Yuri it's all about the unreal, imaginative, Bird and Magic like assists. Scoring is just a plus. Get him measured for his Billiken HOF blazer. You heard it here first.

rgbilliken likes this

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever their practice shooting percentages translate to in games, hopefully we improve on our 60% team FT last season.

Also, any Perkins sightings or news? The longer he is not on campus the better chance he may never show up.

Cincybill likes this

53 minutes ago, slu72 said:

You, my fine sir, have now earned a reserved seat in the first class club car on the Yuri Express. While, B'roy and Taj Mahal 79 are still riding in the livestock car. With Yuri it's all about the unreal, imaginative, Bird and Magic like assists. Scoring is just a plus. Get him measured for his Billiken HOF blazer. You heard it here first.

Slu 72 you are riding on the manic phase of your emotions as far as Yuri goes. He is very good, I am sure, but I think it is premature to gush like this when you have not seen him play D1 yet.

4 hours ago, kmbilliken said:

Hargrove is not going to be a back to the basket player. He will go over his man or around his man. He can slash and jump. Those are his strengths and they will play at this level. No need to reinvent the wheel, just let it roll.

OK.  So in tight game, French picks up his 3rd foul at the start of the second half.... or picks up his 4th foul with 12 minutes to go...  or picks up his 5th foul....  then Coach Ford replaces French with ____________?

24 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

OK.  So in tight game, French picks up his 3rd foul at the start of the second half.... or picks up his 4th foul with 12 minutes to go...  or picks up his 5th foul....  then Coach Ford replaces French with ____________?

The guy on the bench who he thinks is the best match up. We have no one who can match French’s physical game, defense and rebounding. 

3 hours ago, Billikenswin said:

I was fortunate enough to attend a recent practice and I agree with this analysis. Hargrove can run the court exceptionally well and he is a better outside shooter than most on this board give him credit for but I seriously doubt he will often be looking to post up in the low post like French or Bell. He definitely can score on the inside with quickness and jumping ability. I expect goodwin to post up more that Hargrove. He is getting better all the time at finding a spot on the low block and cleverly finishing at the rim. He will post up any smaller guards and possibly some of the talller ones because of his skill down low. Another observation, Yuri is a much better outside shooter than most on this board seem to believe. He is not a sniper like Jimerson, who in the practice I watched seemed to hit 70-80 percent on three pointers. That young man can really shoot but Yuri seemed to make a good percentage--maybe 40 percent from 3 and much better from the midrange. Go Bills

Can you comment on how Jacobs looked in the practice you saw. Did he guard Goodwin or Collins? Did he play point? Did he look comfortable in the offense?

mhg

1 hour ago, kmbilliken said:

The guy on the bench who he thinks is the best match up. We have no one who can match French’s physical game, defense and rebounding. 

Get real.  The again, you attempted to answer the question. 

For years, we have had guys play a position they are less comfortable playing “for the good of the team.”   Hargrove and others will need to do the same thing this year. Anyone think French envisions himself as a center?  Anyone think Luke Meyer committed to SLU to play the 4 each year?  Suited his game best?   How many combo guards have we had who had to run the PG?  How many forwards had to play center?

3 hours ago, Old guy said:

Slu 72 you are riding on the manic phase of your emotions as far as Yuri goes. He is very good, I am sure, but I think it is premature to gush like this when you have not seen him play D1 yet.

Call it Yurimania! I like it. Thanks OG. 

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

I have a case of Yurimania right now.  I also am dealing with a nasty bout of Jimers-insanity.

Still have room on the Yuri express. But the seats are going fast. You're in if you have a case of Yurimania. I can get into that Jimersinsanity as well. I'm also counting on getting a case of Hargreatness. Them baby Bills are gonna be something!

PS: By the way B'roy and TajMahal79, aka Mr. Vaycay, you're still in the livestock car.

58 minutes ago, pakapablo said:

Not to be an alarmist but I expected Perkins to participate in summer workouts. As of this week there are more than half way over.

Missing all the summer workouts didn't help Thor adjust to the team/teammates and coaching staff.  Hopefully Perkins does much better especially since I think he is a much superior talent than Thor.  But we won't know until he gets here.  What we do know is he really is missing some very valuable bonding/learning time.

4 hours ago, pakapablo said:

Not to be an alarmist but I expected Perkins to participate in summer workouts. As of this week there are more than half way over.

I think Coach314, the one who broke the news of the Perkins commitment, posted that Perkins is due in August. 

Didn't realize Perkins and Thor had so much in common!!  Maybe Perkins is also ill and has lost 20 lbs or more by now!

Seriously, summer workouts are good but leas important for Junior as compared to Freshmen. Most likely completing an extra class to complete his degree and qualify.

1 hour ago, Clock_Tower said:

Didn't realize Perkins and Thor had so much in common!!  Maybe Perkins is also ill and has lost 20 lbs or more by now!

Seriously, summer workouts are good but leas important for Junior as compared to Freshmen. Most likely completing an extra class to complete his degree and qualify.

Your first two sentences qualify you as @zzhole of the day.  Congrats! 

In your second paragraph, i am guessing you mean "less ...Juniors" instead of "leas...Junior"  since the only "Junior" that I know is on the team is Hargrove and he is a Freshman.  (See we can all be jerks if we want to be.  It really isn't necessary on a Billiken fan Board)

billikenbill likes this

53 minutes ago, bauman said:

Your first two sentences qualify you as @zzhole of the day.  Congrats! 

In your second paragraph, i am guessing you mean "less ...Juniors" instead of "leas...Junior"  since the only "Junior" that I know is on the team is Hargrove and he is a Freshman.  (See we can all be jerks if we want to be.  It really isn't necessary on a Billiken fan Board)

Wow. You really got me good by pointing out the typo mistake.   Congrats as well!   Good stuff.  Maybe sometime you can add something useful to this Board.  Oh … wait, no that won't happen.

And if that is not enough, then your very clever play on dual meanings --- Jr vs. Junior really does make you a "jerk".  And a very, very clever jerk as well.  And you are right, no need for it on this Board.  Baseless speculation and negativity that Perkins will end up like Thor is also not needed. And why?  All because you got your feelings hurt on the ridiculous comparison of Perkins and Thor.   What a loser.