Maryville....

On 7/10/2019 at 3:47 PM, Billy Ken said:

SLU soccer field 2019 improvements....

Maryville also adding D1 hockey by 2022. Maryville. 

2583F0B5-766F-4123-9D90-3F249889B802.png

I played GLVC sports, and Maryville was always terrible at everything. Good for them putting money into stuff, but they have a long way to go to get competitive.

2 hours ago, Compton said:

Oh. You'd said that "USHL teams are required to have facilities which can seat 12,000 or more people." That's clearly not the case as not a single team plays in a 12,000 seat facility. 

Correct.  I typed incorrectly. 2 thoughts mixed. 

I have been told the league now has standards they want for newer teams/arenas and that various plans have been floated.  Existing teams certainly have smaller rinks. 12,000 seats was a plan floated a year ago. Assume the greater the seats, the greater the cost. At one point, due to the cost of any arena w a fair amount of seating, i had heard they were going w 3 rinks and then the 4th be put on hold until St Louis got a USHL team but the website says they are building 4 sheets - and an outdoor one. 

7500 for capacity, for example, would rank top 10 in capacity of the current top 60 of men’s d-1. Only two schools in the top 20 of attendance had averages just below 5,000 but close to it.  There are a handful of large NHL sized capacity facilities. Most schools are Northeast, Upper Midwest or near the Rocky Mountains, with few exceptions from an attendance standpoint. 

3 hours ago, courtside said:

7500 for capacity, for example, would rank top 10 in capacity of the current top 60 of men’s d-1. Only two schools in the top 20 of attendance had averages just below 5,000 but close to it.  There are a handful of large NHL sized capacity facilities. Most schools are Northeast, Upper Midwest or near the Rocky Mountains, with few exceptions from an attendance standpoint. 

USHL is different than NCAA hockey which also requires D1 NCAA team have their home rink only a shorter distance from campus. Should Lindenwood’s men team decide to go NCAA D 1, playing in Maryland Heights will work for them whereas their current ice facility in Wentzville will not. 

1 hour ago, Clock_Tower said:

USHL is different than NCAA hockey which also requires D1 NCAA team have their home rink only a shorter distance from campus. Should Lindenwood’s men team decide to go NCAA D 1, playing in Maryland Heights will work for them whereas their current ice facility in Wentzville will not. 

My post was regarding NCAA hockey.

My family was a host family for out of town players of the former St. Louis Bandits (Two time Robertson Cup champs) Tier II Junior hockey, NAHL, including when Pat Maroon was on the team, and former Blue Jeff Brown coached as well as current Tampa Bay lightning head coach Jon Cooper.  

• 1 month later...