New Assistant Coach

9 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-there goes the theory that a new coach will bring a player, bummer,  don't overlook a family connection

You have to realize that a lot of these theories are just speculation and wishes with no real substance.

10 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I have zero knowledge of the guy.

any reason you don’t like the signing or were you just hoping for a bigger impact guy?

Stuen is Coach Ford's 27 year old nephew. Played for Ford at Ok State. Promotion is good for Stuen's resume early in his career but of minimal benefit to us right now.

7 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I have zero knowledge of the guy.

any reason you don’t like the signing or were you just hoping for a bigger impact guy?

Part of it is I would have liked a somewhat more robust resume and he has come across on Twitter as a little immature a few times. 

dlarry likes this

11 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Stuen is Coach Ford's 27 year old nephew. Played for Ford at Ok State. Promotion is good for Stuen's resume early in his career but of minimal benefit to us right now.

10 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Part of it is I would have liked a somewhat more robust resume and he has come across on Twitter as a little immature a few times. 

Thanks

I assume we are saving a lot of $$$ with this hire-Steun's new salary as the junior AC versus Macon's salary as the Associate HC.  At first glance I am not a fan of this move.  I don't like the family connection and I don't see what SF brings to the table, especially since he has never recruited and Macon was a top recruiter.  Additionally, watching games it was clear that Travis relied on Macon both while the game was in progress and during timeouts.  Hopefully he doesn't put the same faith in a new, family related, Assistant Coach.  This is clearly NOT an adequate replacement for the experience we lost when VM departed.

Having said all that, I hope I am wrong.

I actually don’t mind the hire. He’s not going to be Macon, but I will bet a pretty penny he’s going to be a dynamite recruiter. 27 years old. 

Going to be a hell of a lot better than Tanner Bronson as a recruiter. Can guarantee that.

1 minute ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I actually don’t mind the hire. He’s not going to be Macon, but I will bet a pretty penny he’s going to be a dynamite recruiter. 27 years old. 

Going to be a hell of a lot better than Tanner Bronson as a recruiter. Can guarantee that.

i was actually leaning along these lines.  Based off of social media he seems to be very personable with the players.  A young face who can relate and also seems to know x' and o's isnt a terrible thing. 

Zink likes this

12 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

You can't set the bar much lower!