Javon Bess ——> New Orleans

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So many dudes on the bench that 5 are sitting on the floor.  JB is one of them on the floor but so is Jaxon Hayes so I'm not reading into it.  He's wearing some sweet electric blue kicks can't tell the brand from my $10 seat. 

Bess waived by New Orleans.

Maybe not the outcome we were hoping for; but not necessarily surprising,

I don’t look at this as a setback. Javon got a lot of experience playing with the highest caliber league in the world.

This isn’t the end for him. I KNOW he’s going to have a good pro career one way or the other.

I BELIEVE he’ll get another shot to make an NBA roster.

I HOPE one day we’re watching him as part of the Christmas Day marquee matchup games.

Good luck wherever you go from here Javon. Billiken Nation is, and always will be, pulling for you.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/javon-bess-waived-by-pelicans/amp/

Pistol and 3star_recruit like this

5 hours ago, philliken said:

Bess waived by New Orleans.

Maybe not the outcome we were hoping for; but not necessarily surprising,

I don’t look at this as a setback. Javon got a lot of experience playing with the highest caliber league in the world.

This isn’t the end for him. I KNOW he’s going to have a good pro career one way or the other.

I BELIEVE he’ll get another shot to make an NBA roster.

I HOPE one day we’re watching him as part of the Christmas Day marquee matchup games.

Good luck wherever you go from here Javon. Billiken Nation is, and always will be, pulling for you.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/javon-bess-waived-by-pelicans/amp/

What's his best course from here: G league or International? Some NBA teams are missing out on a great competitor. 

Best course of action is G League.  Try to get a callup for this year however unlikely but also to ensure another training camp tryout with a team next season.  If he doesn't make a squad at some point this season or out of training camp next season then time to go to Europe.

billiken_roy likes this

For context, the Pelicans waived all three of their fringe players.  Typically the original NBA club offers a spot on their G League team to such players.  If the player had signed an Exhibit 10 contract, they are eligible for up to a $50K bonus if they play on the G team.  I am unaware if Bess signed an Exhibit 10 or not. 

On 10/20/2019 at 8:46 AM, HoosierPal said:

For context, the Pelicans waived all three of their fringe players.  Typically the original NBA club offers a spot on their G League team to such players.  If the player had signed an Exhibit 10 contract, they are eligible for up to a $50K bonus if they play on the G team.  I am unaware if Bess signed an Exhibit 10 or not. 

Bess did sign an Exhibit 10 deal.

1 hour ago, ARon said:

Bess did sign an Exhibit 10 deal.

That's probably good news.  I think the Pelicans G League team is in Erie PA this season, and will relocate to Birmingham AL next season.  I don't think many G teams have started up yet, but look for them to do so in the next few days.

• 2 weeks later...

Four/five games into the season, Bess is 7th in the G League in Minutes per Game.  That stat should tell you that the coach of the BayHawks values Javon's presence on the floor.  His scoring average isn't top 50, but the contribution (defense?) is there.

https://stats.gleague.nba.com/leaders/?Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular Season&StatCategory=MIN