Javon Bess ——> New Orleans

3 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Congratulations to Javon Bess for making the cut into  the 2019-2020 Pelicans team. We wish you all the best.

he has not made the cut yet.   i believe they have 5 players to cut yet. 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, willie said:

Not to be negative but I would think the fact that he didn't play in a blow out is not a good sign. Just hope that it was predetermined what subs would play that night. 

thought i read they are only allowed to dress 15?   i didnt see the game, so dont know if he was dressed out or not.   

i do agree not good sign he didnt play, however, it is my understanding he is likely to get a g league pelican offer if he doesnt make the final roster for the pelicans regular season.   sticking around for that?

11 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

I dk how Bess has a shot at making the team without playing.  G-League bound I guess? 

probably.  Idk how the nba works at all, do teams normally keep a random defender on the bench?

it sure appears bess is wasting his time at the pelicans camp.   time to move along if not going to get a chance.   go make some money.  

SLU_Nick likes this

Roy, it is up to Bess to  decide what and when to do whatever it is he does. He is level headed, works hard, is liked by the team and not money hungry or self centered, all qualities known to  the team. He sees some advantage in staying where he is at this time.

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

probably.  Idk how the nba works at all, do teams normally keep a random defender on the bench?

Most of the players have guaranteed contracts.  It would have been extremely hard to make the Pelicans roster.  Either they needed some extra bodies for training camp or perhaps they envision Bess as a G League candidate with potential to make the team at a later time.

On 10/8/2019 at 9:01 AM, billiken_roy said:

thought i read they are only allowed to dress 15?   i didnt see the game, so dont know if he was dressed out or not.   

i do agree not good sign he didnt play, however, it is my understanding he is likely to get a g league pelican offer if he doesnt make the final roster for the pelicans regular season.   sticking around for that?

Deciding between the G league or European/Australian league would be a tough decision.

Do you stay with the NBA brand and bring home 35,000 a year or do you head over seas and make double or triple that?

I’m sure players see the G league as being right on the doorstep of the NBA but are your chances of getting the call any better there than in Europe?

If you become a star in Europe the NBA will know and will find you no matter the league you are in.

I’m not sure what the better option is.

7 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Deciding between the G league or European/Australian league would be a tough decision.

Do you stay with the NBA brand and bring home 35,000 a year or do you head over seas and make double or triple that?

I’m sure players see the G league as being right on the doorstep of the NBA but are your chances of getting the call any better there than in Europe?

If you become a star in Europe the NBA will know and will find you no matter the league you are in.

If you're as close to making it as Bess appears to be, I think you stick with the G League for a year or two and see what pans out.

32 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

If you're as close to making it as Bess appears to be, I think you stick with the G League for a year or two and see what pans out.

Ya.  If you dont get a shot in your first 2 years, you probably never will.  Go to Europe after. 

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

Yes they are better.

That being said, I'd still go overseas because your chances aren't great for either.

2 hours ago, dlarry said:

If you have an Affiliate contract with a NBA team, participate in their training camp and preseason, and play for their G team, the player is eligible for up to a $50k bonus through the Exhibit 10 clause.  

4 hours ago, Box and Won said:

That makes sense 

2 hours ago, Cincybill said:

Yes they are better.

That being said, I'd still go overseas because your chances aren't great for either.

I figured they’d be a little better but I’m with you I’d head overseas.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

If you have an Affiliate contract with a NBA team, participate in their training camp and preseason, and play for their G team, the player is eligible for up to a $50k bonus through the Exhibit 10 clause.  

Thanks for the info