Lok Wur's Final Five

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, dennis_w said:

yanking chains can be fun, glad that it is allowed on this board

yanking chains has always been hallmark of the unclever, the mean or just lazy especially in a forum context. All traits of an average Kansas fan. 

8 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

That was a sarcasm on my part, it was other posters who brought up the "yanking of chains" i guess i need to learn the blue font. i think quality is number one first mentioned the yanking of chains. Is he the unclever?

mentioning not same as doing it and stating that is something that you enjoy.

fyi I will forever be in the frame of mind that I'm a newbie even though I have been here 6?-7 years and maybe for a year or so dozen years back. my experience here is that yanking is usually amongst  real life friends. 

19 minutes ago, almaman said:

mentioning not same as doing it and stating that is something that you enjoy.

fyi I will forever be in the frame of mind that I'm a newbie even though I have been here 6?-7 years and maybe for a year or so dozen years back. my experience here is that yanking is usually amongst  real life friends. 

i have been on this board for about 20 years, i will refrain from posting any further as it seems panties get in a wad easily if one disagrees with the old timers.

47 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

i have been on this board for about 20 years, i will refrain from posting any further as it seems panties get in a wad easily if one disagrees with the old timers.

That is a wonderful decision on your part, stop posting and just be gone.

57 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

I think you posted a picture of yourself and your son at the Dayton game and if that is true it would be a shame that you would no longer participate on the board.  That post I mentioned was one of the best I have seen on this site.

For what it’s worth I have taken a non confrontational stance on this board I just want to enjoy all good things Billikens and I no longer rate posts as bad or trolls and my experience on this board has improved.

I hope all of us that love this team can take a step back and ignore all Lok Wur’s threads.

2 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I think you posted a picture of yourself and your son at the Dayton game and if that is true it would be a shame that you would no longer participate on the board.  That post I mentioned was one of the best I have seen on this site.

For what it’s worth I have taken a non confrontational stance on this board I just want to enjoy all good things Billikens and I no longer rate posts as bad or trolls and my experience on this board has improved.

I hope all of us that love this team can take a step back and ignore all Lok Wur’s threads.

Have to agree about that, what a great story that was. We need more posters like Dennis. 

i have found this last few days that rules apply to some, others can insult and name call, yanking chains are ok if he is your friend, but others cant do the same, i believe quite a number of the old timers here have very inflated opinion of themselves, i daresay old guy doesnt insult people face to face like he does on this board. who knows he might be a coward or maybe he does talk to people like that. this is supposed to be fun, but i dont like seeing people belittled because they havnt been in the club long enough. so knock it off you pompous asses or kick me off the board

dlarry and Ironbills like this

17 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

i have found this last few days that rules apply to some, others can insult and name call, yanking chains are ok if he is your friend, but others cant do the same, i believe quite a number of the old timers here have very inflated opinion of themselves, i daresay old guy doesnt insult people face to face like he does on this board. who knows he might be a coward or maybe he does talk to people like that. this is supposed to be fun, but i dont like seeing people belittled because they havnt been in the club long enough. so knock it off you pompous asses or kick me off the board

And all of this because a Billiken fan cared enough to post a recruiting story...

billikenbill likes this

4 hours ago, TJHawk said:

Clock tower,  just an unnecessary ****** comment.

This is a big surprise post..........not.

Lock this thread before this becomes a jayhawk lovefest

AGB91 likes this

2 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

And all of this because a Billiken fan cared enough to post a recruiting story...

No one wrote to FatherB (or anyone else), "We don't want you to post here.  Your comments about this recruit or anything else are unwelcome."

All that was said was, "We have this format that we've come to enjoy following, and we've already been discussing the recruit you've mentioned there.  We'd appreciate it if you'd join in there, if you like."

His response was, "Go to [blazes].  I'm going to ram my own format down your throat!"

And then, somehow, he considers us to be cyberbullies, because we have "over 10,000 posts" and a format (or "unwritten rules").

7 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

No one wrote to FatherB (or anyone else), "We don't want you to post here.  Your comments about this recruit or anything else are unwelcome."

All that was said was, "We have this format that we've come to enjoy following, and we've already been discussing the recruit you've mentioned there.  We'd appreciate it if you'd join in there, if you like."

His response was, "Go to [blazes].  I'm going to ram my own format down your throat!"

And then, somehow, he considers us to be cyberbullies, because we have "over 10,000 posts" and a format (or "unwritten rules").

he most certainly didn't tell you to go to hell....why the need to lie???? 

3 hours ago, David King said:

So, if Lok Wur changes his mind and signs with the Billikens, how many minutes does he get next year? Whose minutes does he take? 

If possible, could somebody please post a video of Lok slam dunking?

More pertinent how many threads will he get if he signs?

17 hours ago, CBFan said:

thanks, it was one of my best billiken memory out of over a half a century, i am glad that there was someone that enjoyed it

• 6 months later...
On 12/22/2019 at 11:50 AM, 3star_recruit said:

The legendary Lok Wur has yet to play a minute at Oregon this season.  And he's not injured either.  He just can't get on the floor.  This is the story of 90% of late bloomers who go high major in the spring but everybody thinks they're in the 10%.

When you go to Oregon it’s not about how many minutes you play it’s about how many cheerleaders you bang!