Lok Wur's Final Five

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

It's kind of an unwritten rule here to keep recruiting information in the recruiting threads and only give a recruit his own thread when he commits.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/iW8tsoJWcfPc4" width="417" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/reaction-seinfeld-elaine-benes-iW8tsoJWcfPc4">via GIPHY</a></p>

7 hours ago, FatherB said:

Billikens have offered Lok Wur.

He's listed at 2 stars. I watched some video and he looks way underrated. Undersized Thon Maker with significant hustle. This would be a HUGE late land.

thanks for the info....i wish there were some unwritten rules about common decency.......this is why so many new people are hesitant to post....

FatherB, CBFan and TaLBErt like this

14 hours ago, dennis_w said:

Maybe these unwritten rules should be written, then guys that like myself that are slow on the uptake would know and not break these rules. It would make it easier on the rule monitors

All he did was inform him that we usually don't start threads for individual players until they commit. No big deal. Also Luc was already being discussed in a recruiting thread. 

9 hours ago, slufanskip said:

All he did was inform him that we usually don't start threads for individual players until they commit. No big deal. Also Luc was already being discussed in a recruiting thread. 

all i did is say write down these rules so we dont waste time with this useless back and forth banter

it was rude, who cares if it was already being discussed somewhere else??? New or infrequent posters get treated like crap all of the time on this board....how about just thanking someone for caring enough to post some relevant Billiken info??? i mean, two individuals even went as far as to give him a "BAD POST'.....

TaLBErt and LegacyP like this

It always amazes me what people consider to be rude. Rude is nowhere close to what sulfan or Quality is Job1 posted. However, I should emphasize that a lot of people can and will give credible demonstrations about the true meaning of the word rude whenever it becomes necessary. Big Bill Fan save yourself a full demonstration of the meaning of the word rude. Stop harping on these people. Quality  is Job 1 is just doing his job as a moderator informing a newbie the way things are done in this board.

17 minutes ago, Old guy said:

It always amazes me what people consider to be rude. Rude is nowhere close to what sulfan or Quality is Job1 posted. However, I should emphasize that a lot of people can and will give credible demonstrations about the true meaning of the word rude whenever it becomes necessary. Big Bill Fan save yourself a full demonstration of the meaning of the word rude. Stop harping on these people. Quality  is Job 1 is just doing his job as a moderator informing a newbie the way things are done in this board.

hey A_Hole, I'm not the one who gave someone a"bad post" rating for providing some billiken info....you don't expand a board by treating people like crap....our moderator could have just as easily pm the poster, or at least thanked him before admonishing him....the Saluki board no longer exists because of attitudes like yours......

33 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

hey A_Hole, I'm not the one who gave someone a"bad post" rating for providing some billiken info....you don't expand a board by treating people like crap....our moderator could have just as easily pm the poster, or at least thanked him before admonishing him....the Saluki board no longer exists because of attitudes like yours......

might want to take your own advice.  just saying.

JMM28 likes this

39 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Oh, please please forgive me you magnificent human being of exquisite sensitivities. I guess you have had many rough experiences in your life, like when your sister stole your favorite doll, or when your mother would not get up to feed you the moment you started wailing. I am so very sorry to have disturbed your exalted sense of comfort in this warm and welcoming world we live in and promise not to cross this lofty sensitivity barrier again or to inconvenience you in any other way possible.

Now that is said, please stick your head up your butt, get in intimate contact with your own feces, and take your sensitivity where it belongs, somewhere else.

31 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Oh, please please forgive me you magnificent human being of exquisite sensitivities. I guess you have had many rough experiences in your life, like when your sister stole your favorite doll, or when your mother would not get up to feed you the moment you started wailing. I am so very sorry to have disturbed your exalted sense of comfort in this warm and welcoming world we live in and promise not to cross this lofty sensitivity barrier again or to inconvenience you in any other way possible.

Now that is said, please stick your head up your butt, get in intimate contact with your own feces, and take your sensitivity where it belongs, somewhere else.

i thought these message boards were suppose to be fun, i have a plethora of insults at my disposal, but i choose to keep them to myself. it makes for better odds of becoming an old guy. Do you throw insults face to face or just in an anonymous forums?

29 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I think the moderator did a good job of respectfully correcting the poster. Unfortunately, two other posters chose to flag the original post as a bad post.  That's not the moderator's fault.

i think the moderator should consider a private message and that would minimize misunderstanding and the thought that it might be a putdown

14 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

i think the moderator should consider a private message and that would minimize misunderstanding and the thought that it might be a putdown

Making it public delivered the message to all the other folks who didn't know at the same time. That's pretty common practice for message boards.

1 hour ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

First, I'm not a moderator anymore.  My posts carry no more authority than that of any other "message board moron" here.  My post was not "rule monitoring."

Second, I think if anyone thought my post was hurtful, such a person may have an agenda against me.  My post was matter-of-fact and contained no threat or offensive words.  I used "kind of" and "unwritten" to soften the tone, and I didn't use any strong adjectives.  I didn't rail at the original poster or censure him.  All I did was inform the OP of the convention the billikens.com community has been using for several years.  Because of said convention, many of us get excited when seeing a recruit's name in a thread title, anticipating report of a commitment (or visit or something).  It gets our hopes up.  Considering that Wur discussion was already in progress in the "Recruiting 2019" thread, some posters may have seen the title of this thread and reacted in such a manner, only to be disappointed to see more information that had already been posted in the recruiting thread.  That may have been why some posters reacted, "Bad post."

There seem to be a number of people who see "Quality Is Job 1" and automatically become defensive and perhaps read something that's not actually in the text.  That's part of the reason I resigned from being a moderator this past season.  I was tired of being blamed for anything and everything that detracted from people's enjoyment of the site.  There's no reason for people to "look over their shoulders" at my posts anymore.

Lastly, are you really comparing a Southern Illinois-Carbondale board to this one?!  I sincerely doubt the reason a Saluki board went defunct applies here!  (Partially tongue-in-cheek as a subtle dig at "Methdale.')

47 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I think the moderator did a good job of respectfully correcting the poster. Unfortunately, two other posters chose to flag the original post as a bad post.  That's not the moderator's fault.

The moderator set the tone, unfortunately this nonsense happens all of the time. I don’t understand why new posters aren’t welcomed. Obviously growing this board isn’t a priority...

As for correcting, what’s to correct???? He posted relevant Billiken news... Maybe this board should be an invitation site only...

TaLBErt likes this