Jump to content
Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
FatherB

Lok Wur

Recommended Posts

Can't we all just get along? It's summertime, we have a coach who cares about the school and putting SLU on the map, and we're half way through the work week. Just close/merge the thread and move on. I welcome all new posters, because everyone was there at some point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

The moderator set the tone, unfortunately this nonsense happens all of the time. I don’t understand why new posters aren’t welcomed. Obviously growing this board isn’t a priority...

As for correcting, what’s to correct???? He posted relevant Billiken news... Maybe this board should be an invitation site only...

New posters are always welcome.

Quality's post was benign.  And I appreciated it.  

No one has a problem with people sharing Billiken news.  Sharing it in the proper thread, however, makes topics much easier to follow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dennis_w said:

all i did is say write down these rules so we dont waste time with this useless back and forth banter

There was no back and forth. He made a post and another poster made a statement about how we normally do it here. He wasn't rude. Why wouldn't a newer poster want to know the normal procedure and then get on board? Also it isn't really a rule as much as just a way things are normally done. I really don't understand the issue or see why his (Quality is job 1) post would bother someone. The proper response after QIJ1's post would have been. Oh, sorry, I didn't see the other thread. Thanks for the info. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, FatherB said:

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/69-lok-wurs-recruitment-exploding-decision-coming-soon/

Decision expected in 2-3 weeks.

He wants to go somewhere that will let him be a tall, versatile guard. With our lack of depth at PG right now he would be perfect. He would be a big mismatch problem for any A10 team. 

Dude.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Box and Won said:

New posters are always welcome.

Quality's post was benign.  And I appreciated it.  

No one has a problem with people sharing Billiken news.  Sharing it in the proper thread, however, makes topics much easier to follow.

/thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

 

 

it was rude, who cares if it was already being discussed somewhere else??? New or infrequent posters get treated like crap all of the time on this board....how about just thanking someone for caring enough to post some relevant Billiken info??? i mean, two individuals even went as far as to give him a "BAD POST'.....

Can't disagree regarding the bad post part of your opinion. Been saying the bad post and troll designations get overused for a while now. 

As for who cares, the majority of long time posters care. Keeping it in the same thread makes the following of info simpler. Why wouldn't a new or infrequent poster want to know how the board normally flows and follow along? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

The moderator set the tone, unfortunately this nonsense happens all of the time. I don’t understand why new posters aren’t welcomed. Obviously growing this board isn’t a priority...

As for correcting, what’s to correct???? He posted relevant Billiken news... Maybe this board should be an invitation site only...

New posters are much more turned off by idiodic arguments like the one you are participating in/driving rather than a poster giving them a polite lesson on how posts are typically dealt with on this board.  I see no problem with Quality's post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slufanskip said:

Can't disagree regarding the bad post part of your opinion. Been saying the bad post and troll designations get overused for a while now. 

As for who cares, the majority of long time posters care. Keeping it in the same thread makes the following of info simpler. Why wouldn't a new or infrequent poster want to know how the board normally flows and follow along? 

Troll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

New posters are much more turned off by idiodic arguments like the one you are participating in/driving rather than a poster giving them a polite lesson on how posts are typically dealt with on this board.  I see no problem with Quality's post.

Well, obviously not everyone sees things the same as you...think about it, you're a new visitor, you post some relevant Billiken info, the reaction to your post is it's in the wrong spot ( no thanks at all), and then two idiots respond that it was a bad post....I'm sure Father B is a smart guy and would have figured things out pretty quick, and despite the whining, his posting of his story caused no one any difficulties...if you caring souls were that concerned, you could have quietly sent him a PM and told him a better way to do it....my suggestion is to get rid of the bad post and troll comments, they serve no good purpose.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Big Bill Fan you had your demonstration of what rudeness looks like and you have kept on harping about the sensitivity issues. You have progressed to the ignore state, I hope you enjoy my absence, and feel free to call me anything you like I will just enjoy my blissful ignorance of your posts and opinions. Toots baby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Well Big Bill Fan you had your demonstration of what rudeness looks like and you have kept on harping about the sensitivity issues. You have progressed to the ignore state, I hope you enjoy my absence, and feel free to call me anything you like I will just enjoy my blissful ignorance of your posts and opinions. Toots baby.

Playing the victim after you run your mouth, please keep your promise...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I suggest or refer people to join this community I always advise them to observe for a couple weeks before posting. Get a lay of the land and an understanding of the norms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Playing the victim after you run your mouth, please keep your promise...

old guy seems to be the one that threw the insults and talked of putting heads in butts, i will have to study up on the ignore feature

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

When I suggest or refer people to join this community I always advise them to observe for a couple weeks before posting. Get a lay of the land and an understanding of the norms. 

That's good advice, but FatherB has been around for five years and posted 19 times during that time before starting this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I've never seen him but I will pass along what Eric Bossi thinks of him.  He compared him to a Justin Wesley with an upside.  He's very raw and has a long way to go to match his athleticism.  He's being recruited hard by East Tennessee State which is the level he should be playing at.  

I prefer the thread for one player over an 150+ recruiting thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dennis_w said:

old guy seems to be the one that threw the insults and talked of putting heads in butts, i will have to study up on the ignore feature

I know its only June but the season can’t start soon enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, TJHawk said:

I prefer the thread for one player over an 150+ recruiting thread.

Translation:

"I'm not fan enough of the Billikens to keep up with a 150-page+ recruiting thread."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Translation:

"I'm not fan enough of the Billikens to keep up with a 150-page+ recruiting thread."

2nd translation, we end up with 150 threads instead of a single long one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2019 at 10:51 PM, Quality Is Job 1 said:

It's kind of an unwritten rule here to keep recruiting information in the recruiting threads and only give a recruit his own thread when he commits.

So there is an unwritten rule about not having separate threads for game changing recruits this late in the year but it is totally ok to have subsequent lengthly thread  bickering about unnecessary posting (mostly from guys who have over 10,000 posts)?

 

 

father B.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FatherB said:

So there is an unwritten rule about not having separate threads for game changing recruits this late in the year but it is totally ok to have subsequent lengthly thread  bickering about unnecessary posting (mostly from guys who have over 10,000 posts)?

Look, all I did was inform you of the convention.  We'd already been discussing Lok Wur in the recruiting thread.  At this point, based on tradition, the expectation when we see his name in his own thread, it's because he committed to the Bills.  That was my only point.  It didn't have to result in bickering; others (including you, with your "blah, blah, blah" response) dragged it along.

Interesting that a five-year member with only a couple of dozen posts is trying to rock the boat about how things are done in this forum.

So, is it your opinion that having a thread with a recruit's name on it is going to sway his decision, such that he will commit to SLU?  Is that the reason you're adamant about breaking the unwritten rule?  If so, post your skeptical Father Biondi picture for me here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FatherB said:

So there is an unwritten rule about not having separate threads for game changing recruits this late in the year

 

Who says Lok Wur is a game changing recruit? How do you justify calling him that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...