Gordon

House

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I don't think he would need to complete two full years at a junior college to graduate, presuming he has credits from SLU and DePaul to transfer in.

How in the world could he have any college credits he hasn’t ever been anywhere long enough to get any. 

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, almaman said:

How in the world could he have any college credits he hasn’t ever been anywhere long enough to get any. 

well actually he was a full semester (plus possibly some summer before freshman year stated) at slu and then he had the spring semester at depaul and one would think he was taking summer courses at depaul.  

now whether he passed anything is another story.   

he just needs to get on a boat to another country and play foreign pro basketball.   he is never going to be a college player imo.  and honestly i am not sure if he is mature enough to succeed at anything at this point.   he is a total disaster from my view.   

Schasz likes this

57 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

QIJO:  I confess to not knowing how it all works.  I know if you are a non-qualifier, and go the JUCO route, you need your AA degree to go to a four-year school provided that your JUCO credits get you reasonable (48 hours) progress towards a degree at the new school.  This is why a lot of JUCOs don't come to SLU ---- lots of rec courses that do not qualify for degrees offered by SLU.

I know, in the case of a Charles Newberry, if you do qualify out of high school but go JUCO, you can transfer in after one year at JUCO with no earned AA degree.  Just reasonable progress (defined as 12 credit hours per semester).  

The Gordon situation is something I've never seen so I don't know and am asking someone if they know.  As far as I know, Gordon was indeed a qualifier and maybe he only needs that one year at a JUCO.  If so, it now sounds like he is blaming NWFS for his current academic issues if he indeed is looking to transfer .... although I don't know how one leaves a team and just transfers to wherever whenever they like.  I also recall DePaul being on trimesters with questions on how that would all play out with terms, credits and time of eligibility.

SLU72:  I too recall issues with Gordon and some DePaul teammates.  However, could he have gone overseas on that trip given he was technically still transferring and not yet on the team?  Overseas or not, I do recall hearing what you are saying once before.

Taj, if he weren't a qualifer, then he wouldn't have been eligible to play as a freshman at SLU.

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

well actually he was a full semester (plus possibly some summer before freshman year stated) at slu and then he had the spring semester at depaul and one would think he was taking summer courses at depaul.  

now whether he passed anything is another story.   

he just needs to get on a boat to another country and play foreign pro basketball.   he is never going to be a college player imo.  and honestly i am not sure if he is mature enough to succeed at anything at this point.   he is a total disaster from my view.   

Just a FYI - DePaul is on the trimester schedule.  So, I guess it is possible that he completed 2 of the 3 there - I have never really understood how the NCAA treats trimesters in their calculations.

20 hours ago, thetorch said:

Why is he talking about this now? Been over 2 months since he left that school.

Probably because he found out just now that his failure to enroll in and/or complete the proper JUCO classes is going to have a negative impact on his ability to become the next LeBron James.  Of course, it's not his fault, either.  He likely just heard that he can't transfer to whatever school he was going to spend 8 weeks at next because of inadequate transcripts.

• 5 months later...
8 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

It is going to be something when a P5 team ignores the buy game against Grambling St and Gordon goes for 35 and 15 (in a losing effort of course).  

-wow, you think he will make it long enough there to actually play in a game

My only question is about eligibility. Given how much he's bounced around, sometimes mid-semester, I'm curious to know where he stands in terms of credit hours and how the NCAA views his transcript. My understanding is that he's never had a problem maintaining the necessary GPA, it's just the actual course completion that I'm wondering about.

If he indeed will be ready to play a couple more years of eligibility at Grambling (not having any idea when the clock starts for him being able to play), he may be ahead of the curve. Following recruiting pretty closely, recruits are starting to really take a hard look at HBCUs in a way that they haven't before. Makur Maker going to Howard is the first big domino but the schools already seem to be seeing an uptick in caliber of commitment, and tons of higher quality recruits are seriously considering them. I'll be interested to see how this trend develops and how many guys are really serious about it but Gordon may be at the front of a wave here.

Interesting ..... Grambling lists Gordon as a 'walk-on.'  He is also listed as a redshirt sophomore.  He burned one year with us and DePaul.  Then a second with the JUCO year.  So he should be a junior if and whenhe comes eligible, right?

What's his over/under for actual games played at Grambling?

15 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Interesting ..... Grambling lists Gordon as a 'walk-on.'  He is also listed as a redshirt sophomore.  He burned one year with us and DePaul.  Then a second with the JUCO year.  So he should be a junior if and whenhe comes eligible, right?

What's his over/under for actual games played at Grambling?

O/U-1

couldnt care less about him.   what stood out most for me was his head.   3rd grade level.   not in intelligence, his maturity.   everywhere he's been since grade school has been this attitude of everyone is picking on me and then lashing out to all those around him.  

AGB91 likes this

12 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

couldnt care less about him.   what stood out most for me was his head.   3rd grade level.   not in intelligence, his maturity.   everywhere he's been since grade school has been this attitude of everyone is picking on me and then lashing out to all those around him.  

Your attitude demonstrates no empathy for the trauma he experienced.  Not everyone had everything set in perfect order for them, and not everyone learns at an early age to cope with so much weight and pressure.  But, sure, some people will find it easy to put every last ounce of the blame on him.

11 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Your attitude demonstrates no empathy for the trauma he experienced.  Not everyone had everything set in perfect order for them, and not everyone learns at an early age to cope with so much weight and pressure.  But, sure, some people will find it easy to put every last ounce of the blame on him.

If he can just get maybe like 18 more chances to redeem himself, I think he's gonna be okay.