Gordon

House

2 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Gordon is talent straight up. I didn’t think I would miss him until I saw his replacement 

Give it up. Pretty sure he's done at SLU. But, in today's wacky Wild West world of college hoops you never know. 

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

That clarifies everything.

I've never attended a junior college — and I've heard that such schools are little more advanced than high schools — but when I was in college no one ever "gave" me a class or forced me to take a class that wouldn't help me on my track.  I had an advisor that would meet with me and sign off on the classes I wanted to take in a given semester, but it was always up to me what classes I took.

billiken_roy likes this

49 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I've never attended a junior college — and I've heard that such schools are little more advanced than high schools — but when I was in college no one ever "gave" me a class or forced me to take a class that wouldn't help me on my track.  I had an advisor that would meet with me and sign off on the classes I wanted to take in a given semester, but it was always up to me what classes I took.

I would guess that a whole bunch of successful college graduates who started at community colleges would have issues with your first statement. I agree with the rest of your post... young man needs to take responsibility for himself, stop blaming everyone else.

mhg

56 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I don't know any details besides what have been posted but maybe in a rush to get him into school they enrolled him in classes before he got to campus

cheeseman likes this

2 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

It is possible that they did not have the classes he thought he needed or perhaps he had not had the prerequisites necessary - who knows.   We may never know the real reason(s) he left but that is his business alone.

37 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

It is possible that they did not have the classes he thought he needed or perhaps he had not had the prerequisites necessary - who knows.   We may never know the real reason(s) he left but that is his business alone.

Then I recommend skipping this thread and any with his name in it. I find it always interesting to find out what happens with anyone we recruit much less sign, especially a kid that was once considered one of the 10 best players in his position and a local kid. I still think the guy is not capable academically. 

Does anyone know why he left DePaul?

Not to be mean but just like the JUCO and SLU they probably told him to beat it.

Get some help young man you need it.

1 hour ago, almaman said:

Then I recommend skipping this thread and any with his name in it. I find it always interesting to find out what happens with anyone we recruit much less sign, especially a kid that was once considered one of the 10 best players in his position and a local kid. I still think the guy is not capable academically. 

I have no problem with keeping tabs on ex Billikens but my point was simply knowing why he is back home is not really  our business but knowing that he is home and not at NEFL is the kind of info that is of our interest.  

Regardless of who's at fault here, the bottom line is that it does not appear he has a path back to D-I at this time because he won't have the credits. So that ends any speculation we'll see him at SLU again.

Is he enrolled anywhere now? Maybe he can rack up credits this semester and in the summer and be able to get back somewhere in 2021. I don't know. But this seems to shut the door on the cryptic tweets having anything to do with SLU.

The last time Gordon appears in a NW Florida State box score is November 26, 2019, in a loss to Odessa at the Pensacola Thanksgiving Tournament.  After that game, NW Florida State went 5 and 1 to raise their record to 12 and 4.  It wasn't until January 4, 2020, that they embarked on their current 12 game (not 13) game losing streak.  I would say Gordon's facts are off some, making me question the validity of his statements.

Plus, why do this on February 23, over 100 days since you left the school.... or at least left the boxscores?  Did something get discovered (transcripts, grades, etc.)?  I doubt it, he enrolled and played at SLU.  He also enrolled at DePaul.  Not sure how this works ..... his freshman year is used up at SLU.  If he sits out the full year after SLU, he comes into Depaul December 2019.  The minute he steps onto the court, his sophomore year is expiring, giving him two more years at DePaul.  But he never makes it there, transferring to NW Florida State where if his tweet is correct, he needs to graduate from to return to D1.  Wouldn't that mean two years there, with graduation in Spring 2021?  With two years there and a year at SLU, wherever he goes he'd be a senior, right?  I would think his use of the term "graduate" from NW Florida State is suspect as well.

Sounds like a kid wanting to play by his rules and not those already prescribed.  Better learn a foreign language.

12 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

The last time Gordon appears in a NW Florida State box score is November 26, 2019, in a loss to Odessa at the Pensacola Thanksgiving Tournament.  After that game, NW Florida State went 5 and 1 to raise their record to 12 and 4.  It wasn't until January 4, 2020, that they embarked on their current 12 game (not 13) game losing streak.  I would say Gordon's facts are off some, making me question the validity of his statements.

Plus, why do this on February 23, over 100 days since you left the school.... or at least left the boxscores?  Did something get discovered (transcripts, grades, etc.)?  I doubt it, he enrolled and played at SLU.  He also enrolled at DePaul.  Not sure how this works ..... his freshman year is used up at SLU.  If he sits out the full year after SLU, he comes into Depaul December 2019.  The minute he steps onto the court, his sophomore year is expiring, giving him two more years at DePaul.  But he never makes it there, transferring to NW Florida State where if his tweet is correct, he needs to graduate from to return to D1.  Wouldn't that mean two years there, with graduation in Spring 2021?  With two years there and a year at SLU, wherever he goes he'd be a senior, right?  I would think his use of the term "graduate" from NW Florida State is suspect as well.

Sounds like a kid wanting to play by his rules and not those already prescribed.  Better learn a foreign language.

I don't think he would need to complete two full years at a junior college to graduate, presuming he has credits from SLU and DePaul to transfer in.

Correct me if I'm wrong but did he ever complete his 1st semester at SLU. If not, the only credits he would or could have earned would be those he earned at DePaul in the Spring semester. 

To answer why he left DePaul, I recall he was determined to be a really bad teammate for something he did to another teammate on their foreign trip. Sound familiar? 

33 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but did he ever complete his 1st semester at SLU. If not, the only credits he would or could have earned would be those he earned at DePaul in the Spring semester. 

To answer why he left DePaul, I recall he was determined to be a really bad teammate for something he did to another teammate on their foreign trip. Sound familiar? 

It was after the last December game that he left SLU, and that was well after finals.

QIJO:  I confess to not knowing how it all works.  I know if you are a non-qualifier, and go the JUCO route, you need your AA degree to go to a four-year school provided that your JUCO credits get you reasonable (48 hours) progress towards a degree at the new school.  This is why a lot of JUCOs don't come to SLU ---- lots of rec courses that do not qualify for degrees offered by SLU.

I know, in the case of a Charles Newberry, if you do qualify out of high school but go JUCO, you can transfer in after one year at JUCO with no earned AA degree.  Just reasonable progress (defined as 12 credit hours per semester).  

The Gordon situation is something I've never seen so I don't know and am asking someone if they know.  As far as I know, Gordon was indeed a qualifier and maybe he only needs that one year at a JUCO.  If so, it now sounds like he is blaming NWFS for his current academic issues if he indeed is looking to transfer .... although I don't know how one leaves a team and just transfers to wherever whenever they like.  I also recall DePaul being on trimesters with questions on how that would all play out with terms, credits and time of eligibility.

SLU72:  I too recall issues with Gordon and some DePaul teammates.  However, could he have gone overseas on that trip given he was technically still transferring and not yet on the team?  Overseas or not, I do recall hearing what you are saying once before.