Gordon

House

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Dont you only need one year of juco to jump if your grades were never an issue? 

For his situation - started at a 4 year, went juco, and looking to go 4 year - he would have to graduate from the juco. Maybe the tweet is about taking summer classes in order to graduate and return to Division 1 somewhere. 

CBFan likes this

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

For his situation - started at a 4 year, went juco, and looking to go 4 year - he would have to graduate from the juco. Maybe the tweet is about taking summer classes in order to graduate and return to Division 1 somewhere. 

Ricky Clemons correspondence school can get you a lot of summer credits. 

I certainly hope we have enough sense to just say no. If he wanted to come back, I'd tell him enroll in a local school for 1 year, have perfect attendance and good grades and then we can talk about it. No transferring, you have to make it through the year at one place and excel and honestly that's just to have a discussion. In other words I'd just tell him no

cgeldmacher likes this

I would take him. Here is why:

I am so conditioned to us having a short roster due to suspension/injury over the past few years. Therefore, I'm more willing to take this big risk. If it works out, we win big. If he messes around, suspend him and we are a scholarship player down. What's new? I think the whole Team Blue mentality is too strong to be ruined by a "bad apple." A player like Gordon wont ruin that. He will either fall in line or be outcast by the team. 

3 hours ago, dlarry said:

I actually agree with Roy on this one.

No thanks.

I’d take a year or two of Brett Jolly before Gordon. 

Four months ago I asked a person way, way up the Billikens food chain if there was any chance Gordon might be accepted back at SLU.  HIs response was a tight laugh and “there is NO WAY Gordon is coming back here...”.

Personally, I take CG’s tweet to mean he is attempting  to get into an A10 school which will be playing the Billikens frequently; but that is just a guess.

38 minutes ago, Gremio14 said:

Four months ago I asked a person way, way up the Billikens food chain if there was any chance Gordon might be accepted back at SLU.  HIs response was a tight laugh and “there is NO WAY Gordon is coming back here...”.

LOL.  Such silliness.  I could say a LOT more about this, but allow me to clarify just in case anyone is still confused:

Absolutely, positively, no way.  Jesus Christ must first return to Earth, then maybe, since all of material creation will be fully and undeniably redeemed. Even Congress.  But until then:  Nada! No chance.

Good riddance too...

Lmao. We have Jimmy bell as our starter this year. You put Gordon and Jimmy on the floor and it’s a clear mismatch. Who wouldn’t want Gordon another year. We would be top 25 every year and top 2 in conference with him. I am not a fan but man seeing Jimmy Bell as our #2 big is depressing AF. Gordon and French together are the top backcourts in the A10 or even country 

6 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Lmao. We have Jimmy bell as our starter this year. You put Gordon and Jimmy on the floor and it’s a clear mismatch. Who wouldn’t want Gordon another year. We would be top 25 every year and top 2 in conference with him. I am not a fan but man seeing Jimmy Bell as our #2 big is depressing AF. Gordon and French together are the top backcourts in the A10 or even country 

My god you’re terrible 

The basketball team has had enough turmoil and turnover the past few years. We don't need anymore of that and certainly shouldn't mess with the strong chemistry we finally have, esp amongst the St Louis guys and esp for a young, maturing team. CG was a thorn in the side to everyone in the program when he was here. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt because he was so young, but he also hasn't shown he's taken any significant strides from the point he was at when he arrived.

billiken_roy likes this

7 hours ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Wow. If French and Gordon become one of the best backcourts in the A10. Say you saw it here first. The Bills first Nat'l Championship. What do you think French needs to do to become one of the best guards in the A10?