House

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, almaman said:

this old news? he has a child maybe year old. via instagram post? I am SM luddite but daughter follows him.

yes he does. 

talked with some of the Webster coaches/ basketball alum over the holidays.  No real news other than most things posted about what he has done are true. Also while at SLU he should have gotten a gun charge but someone took the hit.  On a personal note, the kid who took the hit is someone I grew up with, neighbors of Gordon.  Hes a really good guy and it sounds like he did it because Gordon had a promising future in basketball and he was trying to help with that.  wow, that really is not worth it now. 

Zink likes this

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

yes he does. 

talked with some of the Webster coaches/ basketball alum for the holidays.  No real news other than most things posted about what he has done are true. Also while at SLU he should have gotten a gun charge but someone took the hit.  On a personal note, the kid who took the hit is someone I grew up with, neighbors of Gordon.  Hes a really good guy and it sounds like he did it because Gordon had a promising future in basketball and he was trying to help with that.  wow, that really is not worth it now. 

Hope he got off?

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, disgruntledbilliken said:

Cryptic tweet. 

I'm prepared to get flack for daring to post about Gordon again, but this is interesting.

No flack from me unhappy Billiken I think the Gordon story is interesting and I am curious if he will ever find the right path that leads him to prosperity.

Thank you for the post

I wish nothing but success for CG. I’m thinking the tweet just means he will be back on the court somewhere soon. I’ve spent the better part of an hour trying to figure out (A) if he would even be eligible immediately next season for someone and (B) how many years of eligibility he actually has left. 

He was so talented.  He was the best player on the floor in our win against Seton Hall as a frosh with 5 games experience.  

Isabell isn't here anymore and I think the Team Blue mentality with Hargrove, Goodwin and Yuri could potentially give him a level of comfort where he could succeed.

I am sure people will bad post this...but I wouldnt hate it.

11 minutes ago, disgruntledbilliken said:

I agree that it is incredibly improbable that he will come back to SLU. Out of curiosity, would NCAA rules even allow for that to happen?

I would think so, he hasn't used up all of his eligibility even tho it feels like he has.  He's used up 2 college semester and 2 juco semesters.  That just 2 years. 

6 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

He was so talented.  He was the best player on the floor in our win against Seton Hall as a frosh with 5 games experience.  

And one of the best in the Florida state game. 

6 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Isabell isn't here anymore 

Was it Isabell? I always thought it was just mbm talk, was never sure if it was in fact him.

7 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Isabell isn't here anymore and I think the Team Blue mentality with Hargrove, Goodwin and Yuri could potentially give him a level of comfort where he could succeed.

I am sure people will bad post this...but I wouldnt hate it.

On the one hand he is talented. On the other he's a whacko. He could make us really good, or he could rip us apart like a tornado. 

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

And one of the best in the Florida state game. 

Was it Isabell? I always thought it was just mbm talk, was never sure if it was in fact him.

I got the feeling he didn't particularly endear himself to Bess. I would think if this has even a shred of truth to it, Ford would go to JGood and French for their take. 

5 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I got the feeling he didn't particularly endear himself to Bess. I would think if this has even a shred of truth to it, Ford would go to JGood and French for their take. 

If he wishes to come back the opinions of JG and HF should be considered EXTREMELY valuable. We've seen a lot of chemistry lately and that means a lot more to our success than the talent that CG could bring if he is gonna be a headache on and off the court again. 

I think @billikenfan05 or Colin on The House That Rick Built podcast floated the theory that Gordon was being stashed at that Florida JUCO by Ford (I think the coach there had a connection to Ford) to see if he could be a good citizen / team player and then he'd potentially be welcomed back at SLU.  It seemed a little far out there, but plausible.  However, Gordon didn't last at the Florida JUCO and seemingly hasn't shown any signs of maturity.  While he is immensely talented, I just can't see him back at SLU.

2 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I think @billikenfan05 or Colin on The House That Rick Built podcast floated the theory that Gordon was being stashed at that Florida JUCO by Ford (I think the coach there had a connection to Ford) to see if he could be a good citizen / team player and then he'd potentially be welcomed back at SLU.  It seemed a little far out there, but plausible.  However, Gordon didn't last at the Florida JUCO and seemingly hasn't shown any signs of maturity.  While he is immensely talented, I just can't see him back at SLU.

He left that Juco school....

then went back to it, ha.