House

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, wgstl said:

not to beat a dead horse, but Gordon with a "im going to miss my teammates"  on social media.  Looked on school website and hes no longer on the roster page

Hopefully he saved the first one he wrote.

That way he can just change out the school and use it over and over again.

6 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

At least we know now 100% that it had nothing to do with Coach Ford or SLU.  I have to admit when it all first happened I thought we were going to regret him getting away.

I figured it out long before now. When reports began to surface that he was having problems with teammates and especially a high character guy look Bess... it was time for the tool to leave the shed.

40 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Time for him to start exploring overseas options. Great talent wasted. 3 schools in 2 years? The handwriting's on the wall. If he's got serious family problems, I feel sorry for him, but really think SLU was his best shot. 

It's more like 3 schools in a year and half, at best

If he has actual family issues he needs to help with, I feel for him.

If he can’t handle a coach telling him what to do, this is all on him. Part of me wonders if the school component has anything to do with it, and he’s just unlucky that college is the primary developmental league in this country. Another part of me expects that he wouldn’t be able to handle playing in a professional setting either.

Zink and Pistol like this

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Time for him to start exploring overseas options. Great talent wasted. 3 schools in 2 years? The handwriting's on the wall. If he's got serious family problems, I feel sorry for him, but really think SLU was his best shot. 

Those Euro veterans will run him off faster than any college coach or teammates ever could.  If he ever even makes a roster.

Gordon had every chance and squandered them ruthlessly.  Oh well.

1 minute ago, Coach314 said:

That's old news.  It didn't make the news but people knew about it

Gordon’s list of off-the-court issues are very long and varied, both in high school and college. The SLU coaches were well aware of his issues coming into college, and were unable to fix them. Corey Tate spent many an afternoon talking to the Webster coaches about Carteare not going to class or fighting with teammates. It’s pretty clear Carteare has a real issue, and is unlikely to get his life together anytime soon. That said, it still weirds me out that a few people on this board seem to be rooting for him to continue to throw his life away, just because he transferred.

15 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

If he has actual family issues he needs to help with, I feel for him.

If he can’t handle a coach telling him what to do, this is all on him. Part of me wonders if the school component has anything to do with it, and he’s just unlucky that college is the primary developmental league in this country. Another part of me expects that he wouldn’t be able to handle playing in a professional setting either.

If he can't make it work at SLU, DePaul, or a juco for even a single semester, he's not going to last in any foreign country for any period of time.

I don't know what's going on with him and how many problems he needs to address, but I hope he finds the help he needs.

13 hours ago, NH said:

Gordon’s list of off-the-court issues are very long and varied, both in high school and college. The SLU coaches were well aware of his issues coming into college, and were unable to fix them. Corey Tate spent many an afternoon talking to the Webster coaches about Carteare not going to class or fighting with teammates. It’s pretty clear Carteare has a real issue, and is unlikely to get his life together anytime soon. That said, it still weirds me out that a few people on this board seem to be rooting for him to continue to throw his life away, just because he transferred.

Great post. It's a shame what has all transpired--regardless of how talented or good at basketball he is.