Gordon

House

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, slu72 said:

He's still listed on their roster, so who really knows his status. I'm not so sure he even knows his status. 

It also took him like 3 weeks of being there before he was added to the roster 

He hates school!! He doesn't like school, class, homework. He's not the first. he's finished a year out of HS why not just go pro like most of our recent players have done after out of school. could eventually get to NBA but right now he has to be good enough for NBL, Europe, H Globe trotters, anywhere for $$.

47 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Come on guys, it is tragical not comical when someone with talent persists in torpedoing their own careers and futures.

Talent alone isn't enough. Takes commitment and a good dose of discipline. Appears Gordon is severely lacking in those attributes. Tragic to a degree, but he's been given opportunities most of us never had. At some point he needs to be held accountable for his failure to take advantage of them. At this point going pro is probably his best option. 

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

52 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Whether you think it's tragic, comical, sad, etc, I believe we can all agree he's a headcase. He will never play in the NBA, Cameron Biedscheid Part Deux.

Man I was so pissed when that guy transferred to Mizzou. He was so talented and pissed it all away. Wonder what he's up to these days. 

I agree this is an internal problem of his and that he has been given plenty of opportunities and so far has ruined them. Currently, at JUCO level, he seems to be in the way to ruin his last chance. This is indeed too bad, I am sorry to hear about his continued problems.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

1 hour ago, almaman said:

we do a lot of that already. He was once on team so I like to know about all x Bills good or bad.

In a perfect world Gordon would still be with the Bills trying, as he talked about so much, to play for the city. And, in a perfect world, we'd have him all last season and seen him grow.  Didn't work out. He was rumored to be a terrible teammate. And that carried forward to DePaul from what we've heard. So, he goes to a JUCO in FL. Brand new start and now that seems up in the air. This isn't on SLU, DePaul, or NW FL ST. It's on Cart'ere Gordon at this point. Let's see how he does when he goes to play foreign ball, or, maybe even in the G league. Yes, he's talented, but he's also apparently got some problems. 

well said

my extra slant is that I see nothing wrong with keeping up with anyone that ever played for the team good or bad (like in bands)  and admit some of the bad is as good as it gets Gordon case in point. I still root for him to some how become what he seemed to be on track to become but also feel hosed and also see TF fckd by him so seeing him fail hits the kronke gene giving quick cheap high. Sounds gossipy but really it's transparency. How on earth could anyone say with any authority outside of a select few in happened in his case and S 1&2. Let's move on often has a nothing to see here scent to me. 

On the contrary Clock, if that is the way you feel, then that is the way you feel. My feelings in this case are different. However if quitting on mid season really riled you ( I thought the team was better off after he left), then it is quite fine that you develop joy from his continued problems and the disaster his career is becoming. You could also say what career? and be entirely correct. Feelings are feelings, they are different from people to people. I happen to disagree, which is OK too.

46 minutes ago, Old guy said:

On the contrary Clock, if that is the way you feel, then that is the way you feel. My feelings in this case are different. However if quitting on mid season really riled you ( I thought the team was better off after he left), then it is quite fine that you develop joy from his continued problems and the disaster his career is becoming. You could also say what career? and be entirely correct. Feelings are feelings, they are different from people to people. I happen to disagree, which is OK too.

Actually I am still laughing at your Schadenfreud post about Mickey Pierson. Love it and should have mentioned that last week.  👍🏼
As to Gordon, understand your feelings.  As mentioned awhile back, I don’t think about Gordon - good or bad.  As you  mention, we may have been better without him than with him - but considering he was a 4 star 6’9” power forward, that says more about how much a cancer to the team and bad teammate he really was.  But how do you value lost opportunity? We could’ have given his scholarship to a different or Plan B recruit. Instead, we went with him for last year and did not replace him/know to replace him or try to replace him last Fall - so it’s really a 2 year setback. 
Do we wish guys who never chose SLU all the best? Do we wish guys who chose SLU but then change their mind and do not enroll all the best?   Do we wish guys who choose SLU and enroll, who are good  students/players but who are bad  teammates who quit all the best?  Do we we wish guys who choose SLU and enroll, who are good students/teammates but who turn out to be bad players all the best?

Hey Clock, I know how you feel about Gordon, and you know how I feel about him. From my point of view he tried and just could not, was unable, to do it. I know I have a soft spot and Gordon hit it somehow. So there it is, we are in the opposite sides of the spectrum here. Why don't we leave it that way?

11 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

Remind me again why I should not say Schadenfreud?

He quit on us mi-season. 

A lot of folks such as yourself are quick to call out Gordon for being immature. But I would recommend some self-reflection and consider that you’re rooting against a 19-20 year old because he quit on the college sports team that you root for. That’s about as immature as it gets.

I don’t blame people who don’t feel sympathy for Gordon. His issues are self-imposed. But suggesting you get satisfaction in watching him fail is childish.

Also that’s not how you spell schadenfreude.

HoosierPal and Littlebill like this

19 hours ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Nothing productive from what I've heard. 

You have to wonder how Cam's trajectory would have turned out had he come to SLU instead of ND and played on those 2012-13 and 2013-14 teams. I realize he verballed to ND in Sept 2010 (Majerus alluded to how at ND they took him to a football game and we took him to a soccer game and that was that) and with the turmoil of the 2010-11 season would have been tough to get him even if his recruitment was still open...not to mention even if he had signed with SLU he'd have arrived on campus to find Majerus was gone (and may have transferred anyway ala Keith Carter)...

but going from Notre Dame (as a top 50 HS recruit) to Mizzou (sat out a year but never played) announced he was transferring to Iona but ultimately transferred to Jacksonville St and subsequently bounced around NAIA schools LSU-Shreveport before finally ending up across Compton at Harris Stowe...it's a cautionary tale of how quickly a star fades 

Typically a player can get a 2nd chance with that first transfer - there's always a coach out there trying to rebuild a formerly big time program willing to take a flyer on a disgruntled former blue chip prospect - but once you blow that, there's no going back 

I think it's human nature for fans to feel animosity against a player that quits on his commitment. No different than a person that breaks off an engagement or stiffs you on an obligation. You are not likely to send them a best wishes card hoping for their successful future. Most will eventually move on and in time not really give much thought to the person that "hurt" them. 

That said had Gordon stayed at DePaul and become a first team all  Beast, we would have felt some pain. It's just how people are. Takes an unusually good person to say at that point, well, I'm really happy for the success they found. Just like it would take an abnormally bad person to wish the guy ends up homeless or in prison. 

At this point we shouldn't lose any sleep over Gordon's future. It's out of our control, as it never was in the first place, and hope he makes decisions that will grant him some contentment going forward with his life. 

19 minutes ago, brianstl said:

If either Gordon or Santos had worked out, we might be the favorite today. Oh well, we are better off without the cancer Gordon turned out to be.

This is where I’m at.  Our biggest roster weakness is missing an experienced big man behind French.  Santos, Gordon, or even Jalen Johnson to a lesser extent (look up his early season stats which are admittedly against poor competitors) would be nice to have on this team.  Just some more “what ifs” to add to the laundry list that Billiken fans have.

Zink and brianstl like this