Jump to content
Billikens.com Message Board

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, willie said:

When are we going to have a Billiken Board tasting? 

This is embarrassing but before the untimely passing of the PD food guy whose name escapes me at the moment I was talking to him about a wine & habano porch party with the old farts club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Major Majerus said:

This is embarrassing but before the untimely passing of the PD food guy whose name escapes me at the moment I was talking to him about a wine & habano porch party with the old farts club

Joe Bonwich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Per their Instagram stories, it’s looks like Jgood and/or Has were in a pretty bad car accident (car looks totaled). Has’ story says “thankful to be alive”.  Hoping the fact that they are posting to social media means they came out of the accident relatively unscathed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Per their Instagram stories, it’s looks like Jgood and/or Has were in a pretty bad car accident (car looks totaled). Has’ story says “thankful to be alive”.  Hoping the fact that they are posting to social media means they came out of the accident relatively unscathed. 

looks like it happened on 40, could lead to some soreness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wgstl said:

looks like it happened on 40, could lead to some soreness. 

This Program is cursed!  If it's not one thing, it's another!  S-1; S-2; unexplained departures e.g. Santos, CAG, Lewis and Pearson (can you depart if you never arrived?)  ; now a car wreck!  What next???

Most importantly, I hope for their sake that they are both ok with no major injuries.  That would be great from a basketball team standpoint also.😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bauman said:

This Program is cursed!  If it's not one thing, it's another!  S-1; S-2; unexplained departures e.g. Santos, CAG, Lewis and Pearson (can you depart if you never arrived?)  ; now a car wreck!  What next???

Most importantly, I hope for their sake that they are both ok with no major injuries.  That would be great from a basketball team standpoint also.😉

You need to relax dude.  time for a soma...…..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bauman said:

This Program is cursed!  If it's not one thing, it's another!  S-1; S-2; unexplained departures e.g. Santos, CAG, Lewis and Pearson (can you depart if you never arrived?)  ; now a car wreck!  What next???

Most importantly, I hope for their sake that they are both ok with no major injuries.  That would be great from a basketball team standpoint also.😉

This must not be a big deal I could not find a story by googling and I could not find any local media coverage of it.

I get your post we are always wondering what might happen next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that I wish this to happen in any way, but as long as the seat belts are used and the car is relatively new, it is amazing how well protected you may be by the built in safety features of the car during an accident. This does not mean you will be free of pain as your body will hurt wherever it met the car restraints (seat belts and gas bags). However if you can get out of the car on your own power you will  generally come out fairly whole and without major damage. In cases that require tooling (saws, jaws of life) to extricate a person from a wrecked car there generally is significant damage. This does not appear to have been the case here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, CBFan said:

This must not be a big deal I could not find a story by googling and I could not find any local media coverage of it.

I get your post we are always wondering what might happen next.

No joke. Hope they are both fine. But I think we're all somewhat fearful when we come on the board of seeing some sort of bad news thread. Especially after the last 2 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

 

Why are they at Harris Stowe? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gibson needs to shoot everytime he touches it.  Thatch guarding him too 🤤

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im convinced Jimerson has been playing college ball for a few years now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a reason that Coach Ford locked down a no-name shooter in the fall who wasn't even ranked by most services at the time. He did his homework.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HoosierPal said:

Diarra has just a wrap on his knee, no brace.  That's a good sign.

Noticed that as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have some meat down in the post! GJ looking smooth. I thought KC has some nice moments as well....albeit a highlight reel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NashvilleBilliken said:

We have some meat down in the post! GJ looking smooth. I thought KC has some nice moments as well....albeit a highlight reel. 

Looks like KC has put on a little muscle too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoughts:

  • Jimerson's shot looks very good, but it is also nice to see Hankton knocking down shots.  Hopefully his 3pt % is much better this year and he can be a real weapon as an undersized stretch big for us.
  • Those YC passes are nice, but I don't like the cornrow look on him (maybe it's just because I'm used to him having the braids).
  • Isn't that a travel by Jimmy Bell Jr at 1:50 mark in the video?
  • Just watching their movements, you can tell Goodwin & French are more experienced/comfortable than the others.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year our poor free throw shooting was contagious. I'm hoping that this year our good 3 point shooting becomes contagious.  It appears our post players are looking for Jimerson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Thoughts:

  • Jimerson's shot looks very good, but it is also nice to see Hankton knocking down shots.  Hopefully his 3pt % is much better this year and he can be a real weapon as an undersized stretch big for us.
  • Those YC passes are nice, but I don't like the cornrow look on him (maybe it's just because I'm used to him having the braids).
  • Isn't that a travel by Jimmy Bell Jr at 1:50 mark in the video?
  • Just watching their movements, you can tell Goodwin & French are more experienced/comfortable than the others.

 

I love Ford's comment at the end, "People are going to fear us!"  How nice it would be if we can make it into the season with all 12 guys available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-at 58 seconds Jimerson doesn't have the ball in his hands for a count and it is in the net, I get it is a highlight package, but wow

-I too wonder why at Harris Stowe, perhaps the U did buy it and here come the new facilities for the other sports and a garage with covered access and a moving sidewalk like at airports taking the masses to Chaifetz Arena

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-at 58 seconds Jimerson doesn't have the ball in his hands for a count and it is in the net, I get it is a highlight package, but wow

-I too wonder why at Harris Stowe, perhaps the U did buy it and here come the new facilities for the other sports and a garage with covered access and a moving sidewalk like at airports taking the masses to Chaifetz Arena

Hankton's trigger looks pretty quick in this video, too. If he can hit at a consistent clip, he has minutes in his future.

When I was at SLU back in the early aughts, we practiced at Harris-Stowe from time to time, too. Sometimes the floors need to get waxed. Sometimes the women's team or volleyball or another team has the gym reserved. Sometimes there's a camp in the summer. It's a non-issue, and we're lucky to have a gym across the street that the players can walk to for summer workouts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...