2019-20 Season

46 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

so powell lovers, you mean to tell me, that if you were drafting for your nba team this second and both powell and obi are available and your team has an equal need for either, you would take powell?

That wasn't the question

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

That wasn't the question

i went back to sunday posts and i didnt see a specific question.  there seems to be a discussion over who is the better player.   it would seem to me the better player will be the one that comes the closest to being POY and the higher draft pick.   in both cases that would be obi.  

4 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

higher draft pick.   in both cases that would be obi.  

Draft pick is irrelevant. I agree obi will win NPOY. You’ve  side stepped everything we’ve gone over. 

6 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

Agreed but how is Powell more deadly than Toppin?

It's not his shooting. It's not his scoring. It's not his athleticism. It's not his defense. How is he more "deadly"?

Other than a few games Daytona schedule was soft. Far less talented bigs then guards in this league 

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

Draft pick is irrelevant. I agree obi will win NPOY. You’ve  side stepped everything we’ve gone over. 

well be specific what your question is.   i sure dont see how you can pick powell over obi.   and i went back to sunday and didnt see a specific question that would have me even thinking about the answer being powell.  

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

so powell lovers, you mean to tell me, that if you were drafting for your nba team this second and both powell and obi are available and your team has an equal need for either, you would take powell?

No. Obi is the far superior pro prospect. I do agree, however, that Powell had more "wow" moments against us, even though he missed a lot of shots.

24 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

well be specific what your question is.   i sure dont see how you can pick powell over obi.   and i went back to sunday and didnt see a specific question that would have me even thinking about the answer being powell.  

Why do you keep mentioning Sunday? This obi/Powell talk dates back to like noon today 

5 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Why do you keep mentioning Sunday? This obi/Powell talk dates back to like noon today 

Because i dont see the question i am supposedly sidestepping.   

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

myles more deadly than obi?   i'll have to go back and watch not anywhere close imo.   obi turned into a once in a lifetime player.   he is dayton's larry hughes imo.   i think he is a top  5 pick.

No.  Larry was better as a Freshman than Obi as a JR. 

25 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Because i dont see the question i am supposedly sidestepping.   

This is like arguing with a five year old

WG and I said we were more impressed with Powell than Toppin. Toppin is unquestionably a better pro prospect. These aren't mutually exclusive

BilliesBy40 likes this

27 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

No.  Larry was better as a Freshman than Obi as a JR. 

Obi a soph. 

Powell can create his own shot while isolated. Obi just dunks open looks/ works in an offense but he's not the same playmaker or as good off the dribble as Powell. Different players different positions but Powell has that Kemba take over switch. Shooting percentage is less cause he's taking more difficult shots. Just my opinion and I dont really think there is a right/wrong answer. I'd agree obi is a better pro prospect.

1 hour ago, glazedandconfused said:

Agreed but how is Powell more deadly than Toppin?

It's not his shooting. It's not his scoring. It's not his athleticism. It's not his defense. How is he more "deadly"?

I’m not saying I agree with the original post, but you can’t just say that Toppin is a better shooter because his % is better. That’s an unfair application of the data. If you needed a 3 to win the game, you’d much rather have Powell taking it than Toppin.

If I'm building a team or drafting for an NBA team, I'm taking Obi.  His numbers are better also better.  He's a better POY candidate.  He's a much more difficult match up over the course of a game.

If I'm down 3 with 10 seconds on the clock and I need a guy to create his own shot / hit the 3, I'm giving the ball to Powell.

Someone previously posted that they could find the Billikens vs St. Bonaventure game on Stadium.  If that is still the case, can someone explain the steps to find it?  Thanks.  I need to watch a good Billiken game, to help me get through March Sadness.

What?   Because Powell misses more and cant get to the basket like obi you want him to shoot it?   If you watched obi he doesnt get his shot blocked.   And when he shoots from anywhere on the floor he makes more.

And clock, i never said obi was better than Larry hughes.  I said he would be dayton's larry Hughes.   Meaning dayton's all time most talented player.  

9 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

Someone previously posted that they could find the Billikens vs St. Bonaventure game on Stadium.  If that is still the case, can someone explain the steps to find it?  Thanks.  I need to watch a good Billiken game, to help me get through March Sadness.

https://watchstadium.com/videos/st-bonaventure-at-saint-louis-mens-basketball-3-7-2020-2/