Jump to content
Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Aquinas

2019-20 Season

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

 

That's Diarra and Jimerson, but I believe all of the Freshman are moving in today. 

 

Seems like Jimerson is a legit 6’6” or 6’7”.  At least based on him standing next to Diarra. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 9:00 AM, rgbilliken said:

This is awesome but on a personal level I'm so p!ssed. I live in KC so would have loved to go, but I'm having a kid due December 20th. At least I'll have something to watch in the hospital...Are you allowed to drink bourbon 24 hours after giving birth?? Asking for myself.

Hi rgbilliken, unless they are planning to induce the birth (which gives a certain date for delivery), the child can decide to come out a couple of weeks earlier or later from the EDD. If they are planning to induce it and you really want that glass of bourbon on Dec 20 ask to have the procedure changed a couple of days before or later. If they need to do a C section for whatever reason do not count on the bourbon for a while after the procedure. I am talking in general, every delivery has its own peculiarities. For example if you develop signs of fetal distress or of low amniotic fluid they may decide to go and induce the birth much earlier than full term. It will be what it will be, and all the best to you and your family. All will work out fine and you probably will have your bourbon on the desired date. Congratulations, and all the best to all of you, a new child is a wonderful thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's great to see the new guys on campus.  The earlier they hit the weight room and start working out with their new team mates, the better their chances of contributing as freshman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rgbilliken, another thing you must know before you deliver. Women, a day or two before the estimated date of delivery, tend to be very tired of the huge bump in their middrif and they can't wait to deliver. Those who know basically engage in physical activity like cleaning the house or polishing the furniture. This stimulates the breaking of the water and the beginning of delivery. If you happen to go to the game BEFORE the baby is born but just close to the estimated date of delivery, make sure you are not jumping and screaming. If you do you may precip the baby right at the stadium. Not a good idea, also loud sounds and noises can start deliveries (as anyone that ever covered an OB ward knows happen July 4th at night). Do not play with this please, physiology is physiology and it is inconvenient at times (the great reward comes later on).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 10:00 AM, rgbilliken said:

This is awesome but on a personal level I'm so p!ssed. I live in KC so would have loved to go, but I'm having a kid due December 20th. At least I'll have something to watch in the hospital...Are you allowed to drink bourbon 24 hours after giving birth?? Asking for myself.

Congrats!

Here's hoping you go a few days late. And if not, there's nothing wrong with heading out for a few hours - take advantage of whatever help is around!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Collins is in the House.  He's just a tiny bit shorter than Bell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the rumors about his little brother being very good at his age true? I hope so.  (talking about collins)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Missing out on Mack might be a good thing.  He is a small forward and we have Perkins and four star Hargrove who are probably best suited for that position.  Mack is a streaky 3 point shooter and poor FT shooter.  We probably have more guys who can play the 3 than any other position.  Our greatest deficits as a team are lack of experience at 4-5, after French. And no proven guards who can shoot and put points on the board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

Missing out on Mack might be a good thing.  He is a small forward and we have Perkins and four star Hargrove who are probably best suited for that position.  Mack is a streaky 3 point shooter and poor FT shooter.  We probably have more guys who can play the 3 than any other position.  Our greatest deficits as a team are lack of experience at 4-5, after French. And no proven guards who can shoot and put points on the board. 

Almost every four man in the A10 is a small forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Ford is looking to build a team that is not just competitive in the A10, but dominates it and can win games in the NCAA tournament.  French is undersized at the 5 and occasionally struggled against taller players.  To the point where Ford considered playing Hankton at the 5.  French is a mismatch against most 4s and that should significantly improve his ppg, which we desperately need this season. We have a too many new and inexperienced  players to expect much early, but hopefully by Christmas they catch up to the game and come together by tournament season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

 

Thanks for posting the tweet.

Most pictures I have seen of Terrence he is always smiling.  He appears to be upbeat and all in as a Billiken and I think he will be a player we will talk about for years after he graduates for his playing performance and his character, I am so excited he is a Billiken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aquinas said:

I think Ford is looking to build a team that is not just competitive in the A10, but dominates it and can win games in the NCAA tournament.  French is undersized at the 5 and occasionally struggled against taller players.  To the point where Ford considered playing Hankton at the 5.  French is a mismatch against most 4s and that should significantly improve his ppg, which we desperately need this season. We have a too many new and inexperienced  players to expect much early, but hopefully by Christmas they catch up to the game and come together by tournament season.  

Athletic 6'8 power forwards without baggage don't come play for mid-majors. If they do come, they don't stay. That's a feature not bug. They are some of the most highly recruited players in the country.

Power forwards in the A10 are largely manufactured. They typically start out as 6'7 200 lb small forwards. They live in the weight room. If they're lucky, they grow an inch. It's a process .

While that process is going on, there's still a conference competition going on. The most successful teams in the conference figured out a long time ago that you play your best small forward while you're waiting for your power forward investment to pay off. Maybe it never does. At least you're formidable enough at the position to compete for conference titles.

If I can finish top 3 in the A10 every year and lead the conference in rebounding every year, I'll take my chances in the tournament.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah ideally you'd like to have an experienced big to go with French, but realize last year DJ and French were only on the court together about 10 minutes of the game, meaning Ford went with a 4 out offense for about 3/4's of the game. Worst case scenario is the same thing happens this year with Bell and Diarra getting Foreman's minutes. A bonus would be if one of those two develops to the point to play more effective minutes. Either way, they should be able to duplicate Foreman's production output and hopefully with fewer turnovers. I do think people will be surprised by the contributions the other freshman and Perkins make though. Any one of those players will give you more than what we got out of Wiley and Jacobs last year, and hopefully Jacobs and Hankton are better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not seen any reference to Perkins being on campus.  Anyone have any info on him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not seeing Diarra in the bigs shot, but maybe he's just behind Jimmy Bell on the dribbling exercise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New and old 3 pt line on court? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 9:18 PM, Compton said:

Not seeing Diarra in the bigs shot, but maybe he's just behind Jimmy Bell on the dribbling exercise. 

i'm sure hes directly across from bell right where the photo cuts out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...